REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Miscellaneous Tech & Tools

Miscellaneous Tech & Tools THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Got an ATV or snowmobile you need to fix? Or are you wondering what the hell a crowfoot socket is for? Come on in and ask away!

Old 03-25-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Canadian Tire Digital Torque Adaptor Sale for $39.95

Just saw this in this week's flyer starting tomorrow for 39.95.

It goes between your bits and your driver.. 1/2 or 3/8".. Good for general use for those without a torque wrench or test out how far off is your torque wrenches.
Advertisement
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
Banned (BBM)

sounds like a good buy
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Pretty interesting, does anyone know how accurate these things are? Or if they need to be re calibrated from time to time?
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
I have a Craftsman version, since this is done via strain sensors, typically you don't need to recalibrate other than zeroing. However I have no experience with this unit other than seeing it on the flyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
Pretty interesting, does anyone know how accurate these things are? Or if they need to be re calibrated from time to time?
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I just got one. Makes me wonder how accurate these things are, it shows that my old HomeDepot Husky torque wrench is quite a bit off. When I set the Husky to 80 ft lbs for my lug nuts, this digital guage shows 70 ft lbs. I guess I'll borrow someone else's torque wrench to test out.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
RS controls my life!

IMASA,

Did yours come with a quality certificate from the manufacturer like this?

In the US, this is imported by Alltrade and marketed under the PowerBuilt brand:
Check their video out.

In Japan, it's sold under the "Spider" name--I don't know if that's the OEM manufacturer's own brand or not. I think it's made in Taiwan (what does your packaging say?). Here's a site that mentions the accuracy of the unit based on drive size: 1/4" unit = +/- 4%; 3/8" unit = +/- 2%; 1/2" unit = +/- 2%
autobacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #7
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobacs View Post
IMASA,

Did yours come with a quality certificate from the manufacturer like this?
1/4" unit = +/- 4%; 3/8" unit = +/- 2%; 1/2" unit = +/- 2%

Yeah, the paper I have is similar. It doesn't say Spider though, but is signed by Jack and Allen, and yeah, I recall reading somewhere on the instructions that it's made in Taiwan.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote