REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 03-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
bold 9700 question

so my fucking stupid ass dog bit up my phone... i was just curious if it is possible to have the housing fully repaired/replaced as well as the lcd??? does JP cellular do this service? because the phone is totally bricked but i was still able to back up my contacts and everything when i plugged it into the computer... what i plan to do is get rogers to repair it internally and if its possible replace/fix everything externally on the phone?? any helpful ideas that isnt suggesting me to buy a new one?? lol
Advertisement
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
jp can change everything except for the mainboard. if ur mainboard is not damaged, just get jp to change the lcd/full housing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,199 Times in 2,278 Posts
if the mainboard is damaged ur lookin at a new device
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
das not it mane

i think only the lcd is broken not sure, the phone can still recieve calls but the screen is all white with black lines over it
Old 03-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,222 Times in 1,401 Posts
The mainboard should be fine then.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #6
das not it mane

hmmm okay thanks for the input guys, i guess ill bring it into jp tomorrow... any ideas roughly how much it would cost in total??
Old 03-29-2010, 12:01 AM   #7
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
hmmm okay thanks for the input guys, i guess ill bring it into jp tomorrow... any ideas roughly how much it would cost in total??
from the other 9700 thread, it's $60 for the full casing, but the LCD screen depends on which version u have. the lcd alone should be arnd 80-100 or more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
das not it mane

ya so i went to JP today and he said the lcd costs 180 + the housing which is 60 so in total its 240... so instead i went and called rogers, told them what happened and they said they're gonna send me a replacement phone do u guys think it will be a refurb or a brand new one??? has anyone had experiences with refurbished phones of any kind???
Old 03-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #9
How I Mod your mother

From what I've been told here, if your phone is past 30 days old you get a refurb
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #10
ddr
Snapping away

if u get to keep the phone u should sell the spare parts, or get spare ones and u have another phone

i mean, since it's all chewed up u now have an opportunity to take it apart
ddr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #11
das not it mane

they requested me to send in my chewed up one when i receive the replacement one, so just one more question when they receive my chewed up phone, will they bill me the cost for the refurbished one if they feel it is caused by misuse? cause all i told them over the phone was the screen doesn't work lol
Old 03-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #12
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,199 Times in 2,278 Posts
refurb
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote