REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

automotive paint shops...

so im lookin to paint my whole car and was wondering wheres a good place to go look at in the lower mainland? its originally black but im thinking of 2 tone. i wanna go red up top and black on the bottom...if anyone can give me an estimate as to how much am i lookin at? all black the original color?...or 2 tone red and black? thanks!
Advertisement
j0nnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
It depends on which shop and how much you want to pay.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

well any suggestions? and whats a price i should i be lookin at? around how much? i dont want no garbage job done to my whip...and its a 4 door sedan!
j0nnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:50 PM   #4
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Gord ron's @ edmonds burnaby is pretty good
Big-Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:18 AM   #5

Honestly you will be looking at upwards for $200/hour.. it depends on the state of the paint, whether you want strip to bare bone, metal works etc.. All are labour intensive... Then prime, base etc etc.. finishing etc are another bout of labour intensive work.

Since this is none ICBC job, you can try places like Korva, hot rod shops out in Langley etc.. You need to get your car to the shop for an accurate estimate, be clear and firm on what you want (better to have a photochop of your car on what you want). Don't' be surprised you pay $15k+ just for the job (I would say a full on will probably hit 20k). It is only worth it if the car is insured as a specialty vehicle, since you need to get the car appraised for the value of the paint job.

For paint you can go look at Horizon Paint (3M), Lordco Paint shop (Maple Ridge), Sherwin Williams etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nnyblaze View Post
well any suggestions? and whats a price i should i be lookin at? around how much? i dont want no garbage job done to my whip...and its a 4 door sedan!

Last edited by godwin; 03-31-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:34 AM   #6
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,434 Times in 5,108 Posts
Uh...... I don't know where godwin is getting his cars painted, but you should be looking in the $2-3k range for a pretty decent job.... $15k? What the heck are you talking about? It's obviously not a concours Ferrari.......

I can PM you a contact since he doesn't like his shop advertised that much...
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
15-20k paint job could get you one like adons.
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:55 AM   #8
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

2-6K depending on the finish you want and if there is any dents. Anything under 2k and youll be getting a shit job.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:23 PM   #9

The OP didn't specify.. I assume he would want to a bare metal up paint job. Doing a concours vs any barebone restore car, the difference won't be huge, because it is the labour required in each process is about the same.. and it is the labour which is the deciding factor here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Uh...... I don't know where godwin is getting his cars painted, but you should be looking in the $2-3k range for a pretty decent job.... $15k? What the heck are you talking about? It's obviously not a concours Ferrari.......

I can PM you a contact since he doesn't like his shop advertised that much...
Old 03-31-2010, 03:52 PM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

There was a thread on here a while back.. with links to another forum that had a good place to go for fairly inexpensive prices.. something about a bunch of guys from Alberta with their cars, they were going to drive them all down here...

Someone posted pics with the quality... was pretty good work... but for all the searching I just did, I can't find the thread for the life of me.

I think the shop was somewhere in North Van, near Capilano Mall? Maybe someone else remembers the thread I'm referring to. I think they were all Skyline owners or something...