REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #76
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
^ exactly. it does put pressure on it, but not enough to make it blow on its own.
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #77
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
^^^ EXACTLY. Just because your LIPS are parted, doesn't mean you MOUTH IS CLOSED. God damn you guys can be retarded sometimes.

So whether you are making the "MMMMMM" sound (mouth closed with lips) or "NNNN" sound (mouth closed with tip of tongue) or "NG" sound (mouth closed with back of tongue), it's all the same damn thing. You can't blow your nose without doing one of those, and that means your mouth is closed. And you can't pop your fucking eardrums blowing your nose, unless you are retarded.

This thread is already stupid using the stupid "lifehacks" term I hate so much, now it's totally retarded with dumb advice about blowing your nose with your mouth open, and ruining your car during the break-in period.
So next time you go swimming, part your lips. Should be fine since your mouth should still be closed.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #78
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishing666 View Post
skinnypupp, what is your connection to revscene that makes you a moderator?
Dude, that's the worst lifehack tip yet.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #79
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishing666 View Post
skinnypupp, what is your connection to revscene that makes you a moderator?
clearly you have not seen the improvements the pupp makes. As much of a nazi he is - he does implement some cool shit. its a love hate thing i guess.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:25 AM   #80
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
So next time you go swimming, part your lips. Should be fine since your mouth should still be closed.
As long as your tongue keeps your mouth closed, you are correct. For once in this thread (unfortunately you were trying to be sarcastic... fail)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #81
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
You're right, I have a strong bias against idiocy. Go ahead and blow your nose with your mouth open. Otherwise, your eardrums may explode!

I guess it doesn't matter though, because 2012 is right around the corner...
Could you tell me exactly where I agreed with the eardrums exploding?
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #82

Quote:
As long as your tongue keeps your mouth closed, you are correct. For once in this thread (unfortunately you were trying to be sarcastic... fail)
Thats a pretty bad LifeHack

Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #83
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,534 Times in 555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post
Why would you actually want to stop yourself from sneezing?
Its not like your body just randomly causes you to sneeze. If you sneeze its for a reason.
Well, what if you were at a funeral while somebody is making a sentimental speech?

Are you just going to let it loose?

What if you're taking a piss?

Are you going to unleash your sneeze and risk pissing like dog everywhere?
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:00 AM   #84
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
a few more good ones

-Measure your hand from your fingertips to palm and memorize it. Now you can judge the size of anything without a ruler. I've used this my whole life to estimate distances of all kinds of things. Also pick a finger that is pretty close to 1cm or a joint close to 1 inch and remember which is which. You will never need a ruler to estimate again.

-Sore throat or canker sore? Gargling with salt water works wonders for both. Putting salt directly onto the canker sore usually kills it by the next day, at the expense of a short period of immense, agonizing pain.

-Upon waking, drink at least 500ml of water. You are most dehydrated after your done sleeping and it immediately starts your metabolism/bowel movements.
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:40 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
a few more good ones

-Measure your hand from your fingertips to palm and memorize it. Now you can judge the size of anything without a ruler. I've used this my whole life to estimate distances of all kinds of things. Also pick a finger that is pretty close to 1cm or a joint close to 1 inch and remember which is which. You will never need a ruler to estimate again.
An even better one for bigger measurements:

An average person's foot size is about 10 inches, so measure your foot size and add on a few inches to make 12 inches (1 foot). Estimating bigger distances made easy!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #86
【=◈︿◈=】

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRomey View Post
An even better one for bigger measurements:

An average person's foot size is about 10 inches, so measure your foot size and add on a few inches to make 12 inches (1 foot). Estimating bigger distances made easy!
harder to measure with feet then with hands
Old 04-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #87
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
just measure your shoe size for the big stuff, simple
disregard the inches
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #88

Quote:
Note that I said "bigger measurements."

I wouldn't want to be measuring how big a room is with my hands
Old 04-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #89
【=◈︿◈=】

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRomey View Post
Note that I said "bigger measurements."

I wouldn't want to be measuring how big a room is with my hands
must've missed that

well for the small, everyday measurements, the hand trick works wonders
for bigger measurements using your feet/your shoe should probably be just as good
Old 04-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #90

Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Old 04-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #91
SardaukarMod

^^^ i wonder how many flies it would actually take to lift one of those matches. you know, if they survive the freezing process.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:22 AM   #92
Banned (ABWS)

The whole 'brainfreeze' and other headaches are actually from your stomach/digestive track.

Its a common mis-conception that a headache is actually your head. 90% of the time it can be fixed by taking a shit, or by eating something different to mix with the substance.

This is also why you have a Hangover. Its the poison in your digestive track. Ever have the beer shits? Feel better afterward? Usually the water does help, but by then its on its way out anyway. Water just helps fill your system afterward, but eating some food is always better. Keep eating and drinking until it stays down.

The most immediate headache is the 'brainfreeze'. A cold subject landing in ones stomach sends immediate pain to the head. Unlike drinking booze, this is very quick, and often can be cured by drinking warm fluids, or eating something warm.

This is my 2 cents. My aunt had horrible migrane headaches that she would always go take some t3's. After 40 years of this, I get her to keep track of what she eats, and it turns out it was something in her diet. PROBLEM SOLVED.

disclaimer: my fiance has some bad headaches too, but in her situation, there is a small brain tumor. SO, Go get a MRI every few years just to be safe and catch things early!!!
Walperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-28-2010, 02:27 AM   #93
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post
Just wondering, how much faster (WPM) are we talking? Also did you ever play with DVORAK as well? I've been tempted to try it out as well but I'm afraid it'll eventually mess up my QWERTY skills.
Dont do it if you are any good at typing without looking at the keys. I can do about 90wpm now, and I wont dare try something different. ...better to just learn a new language.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:33 AM   #94
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
The whole 'brainfreeze' and other headaches are actually from your stomach/digestive track.

Its a common mis-conception that a headache is actually your head. 90% of the time it can be fixed by taking a shit, or by eating something different to mix with the substance.

This is also why you have a Hangover. Its the poison in your digestive track. Ever have the beer shits? Feel better afterward? Usually the water does help, but by then its on its way out anyway. Water just helps fill your system afterward, but eating some food is always better. Keep eating and drinking until it stays down.

The most immediate headache is the 'brainfreeze'. A cold subject landing in ones stomach sends immediate pain to the head. Unlike drinking booze, this is very quick, and often can be cured by drinking warm fluids, or eating something warm.

This is my 2 cents. My aunt had horrible migrane headaches that she would always go take some t3's. After 40 years of this, I get her to keep track of what she eats, and it turns out it was something in her diet. PROBLEM SOLVED.

disclaimer: my fiance has some bad headaches too, but in her situation, there is a small brain tumor. SO, Go get a MRI every few years just to be safe and catch things early!!!
brainfreeze has to do with bloodvessels in the roof of mouth, not your stomach. a lifehack for it would be to put something warm in contact with your rooftop whether that be a thumb,warm drink, etc.
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2010, 03:38 AM   #95
Banned (ABWS)

Not saying you are wrong, but the 40+ people I've 'cured' might disagree with you. Each person is different.

You can go take a mouth full of ice cream right now and swollow it. It happens when it gets down past your throat. At least with everyone I've talked to. The pushing your tongue up to the roof of your mouth shuts off the air, and helps your body warm up the passage way.

I dont know about you, but i can hold ice in my mouth (and at the back of the throat, its kind of hard but I can, no I dont suck dick) without getting a headache/brainfreeze.

edit: I just did it again because I doubted myself.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #96
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
is there any hacks to curing a headache fast?? lol
Just above the little bit of webbing between your thumb and index is a meaty part of your hand. Pinch the meaty part, and you will feel pain. You're squeezing on a nerve. However, you will relieve the headache. Push as hard as you feel comfortable.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:29 PM   #97
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post

r u serious? LOLOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #98
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekDragon View Post
Just above the little bit of webbing between your thumb and index is a meaty part of your hand. Pinch the meaty part, and you will feel pain. You're squeezing on a nerve. However, you will relieve the headache. Push as hard as you feel comfortable.
i'll keep that in mind and see if it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #99
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
Not sure if this has been posted but if you want fresh fries from mcdonalds or other fast food joints try this:

Ask for UNSALTED fries! They have to take out all the old fries, clean out the thing where they salt the fries and then fry a new batch of fries just for you!

After that go back and ask for some salt packets.

It works
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #100
Banned (BBM)

interestn
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote