REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #101
Hopeless Romantic

Definitely a cool thread.. good read!
Advertisement

2002 Acura RSX (Sold)
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo I (Sold)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (Daily Driven)
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #102
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
Not sure if this has been posted but if you want fresh fries from mcdonalds or other fast food joints try this:

Ask for UNSALTED fries! They have to take out all the old fries, clean out the thing where they salt the fries and then fry a new batch of fries just for you!

After that go back and ask for some salt packets.

It works
at some places (especially if you know a person or two working at the Mcdonalds) you can just ask for fresh whatever (i ask for a fresh fish patty thing when i order filet-o-fish's at some places) and they'll just make one fresh for you instead of just pulling it out of the heatpad thing they keep all their food
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #103
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

dont know abotu the burgers but the mcdonalds fries are usually fresh cuz of their quick turnover.
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #104
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If you need to blow your nose, it means it's blocked up by snot. It will be impossible to get rid of it with your mouth open... Why are you even arguing this? Why am I? I'll just bust out the fails instead.
Your posts make you sound stupider and stupider. If you would stop being so ignorant and actually read the posts of the people that are trying to help you understand how to blow your nose with your mouth open, you would know how easy it is to blow your nose with your mouth open.

Reading your posts made my quota of the day encountering atleast 1 idiot everyday. thank you sir.
Leparto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #105
Better safe than Surrey

WHOPPER WEDNESDAY life hack:

Order a custom whopper and they will make it fresh!!!! rather than have the one already sitting there for 20 min
OTG-ZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #106
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
^ that works better on the other days of the week, on Whopper Wednesday they're moving pretty fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leparto View Post
Your posts make you sound stupider and stupider. If you would stop being so ignorant and actually read the posts of the people that are trying to help you understand how to blow your nose with your mouth open, you would know how easy it is to blow your nose with your mouth open.

Reading your posts made my quota of the day encountering atleast 1 idiot everyday. thank you sir.
people are still going on about blowing your nose with your mouth open? fuck some of you are dumb...IT DOESN'T WORK. do you understand anything about air pressure?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #107
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
want free food at a drive thru?
here's how!

drive thru's that have 2 order windows
pull up to the window
have a car behind
when you pull up the menu/ordering speaker machine just ask for like water/napkins or w/e - basically dont order anything.
stay in line and pull up to the first window and say you forgot your wallet or something
pull up to the 2nd window - now the 2nd window wont know you didnt order any food or spoke to the person at the FIRST window so they are gonna hand you the people's food that belongs to car behind you.

edit: first window is usually pay window, second window is pick up window

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #108
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
Won't the second window ask for money though? Sorry, maybe I am just not reading it correctly, can someone clarify this?
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:13 AM   #109
【=◈︿◈=】

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
here's how!

pull up to the window
have a car behind
when you pull up the menu/ordering speaker machine just ask for like water/napkins or w/e - basically dont order anything.
stay in line and pull up to the first window and say you forgot your wallet or something
pull up to the 2nd window - now the 2nd window wont know you didnt order any food or spoke to the person at the FIRST window so they are gonna hand you the people's food that belongs to car behind you.

generally the people who speak to you at the microphone at the beginning of the drive thru is the person working the drive thru

so when you pull up to the first/second window, they'll just hand you your cup of water/napkins since they'll likely remember that one person didn't place an order for anything worth money

i've heard about this trick a lot of times, but there's a lot of variables in place for you to actually be able to pull this off (2 drive through windows, that have to be unconnected because the person at the second window will hear what you said to the person at the first window, the person taking your order can't be working the drive through, the drive through people just generally have to be sorta dumb, etc)
Old 07-02-2010, 02:35 AM   #110
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
here's how!

pull up to the window
have a car behind

You should get points for making such a dumb post
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #111
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

If you acquire goods with names like Prada, Gucci, LV and Feragamo for a girl ... as long as the value is over $1K... they will touch your penis!

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #112
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valour View Post
If you acquire goods with names like Prada, Gucci, LV and Feragamo for a girl ... as long as the value is over $1K... they will touch your penis!
if u get a minor chick, buy her a prada bag and all will be good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #113
mc.
RS controls my life!

You can just ask when your ordering to make all your meat fresh, and tell them you dont mind waiting. And when you get your food and its not fresh, just fucking complain and they will fix it for you.
mc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #114
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
I hate hiccups and I am sure a lot of people are with me on this, and one thing that works for me is to press down the middle of the palm with the other hand's thumbnail (doesn't matter which hand you press down on). I am not sure how many other people it might work on lol.
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #115
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....osable-razors/

Quote:
Today I found out how to drastically increase the life of your shaver razor blades, such as Gillette or Schick Brand razors. This trick is incredibly simple and just as incredibly affective. It will also save you a nice chunk of change over time and make all your dreams come true…

For instance, Gillette Fusion Brand razor cartridge sets typically will run you about $27 per set of 12, which will typically only last you a few months and less if you actually go by their expiration “strip” in determining when the cartridge needs replaced. With the below method, I have now gone about eight months using the exact same cartridge and the blades on the cartridge are as sharp as when I first popped the cartridge on.

I have no idea how long this will keep up, but now a package of 12 cartridges is apparently going to last me at least 12 years or more. This is a savings of around $70 a year over my previous expenditures on these cartridges; so then a savings of close to $840 over the course of 12 years or so and possibly will last more years depending on how long these things will stay sharp with the below method (I haven’t yet found the upper limit).

You could then use this $840 to buy $840 worth of bacon, which should of course make all your dreams come true, assuming your dreams are all bacon related; which lets face it, who’s aren’t???

Materials Needed:
- Pair of Jeans (old or new, it doesn’t matter; just needs to have one of the pant legs in tact)
- Shaver like Gillette or Schick Brand razors or other disposable razors.

Before or after you shave (I prefer before so that the blades are dry), place your jeans on a hard flat surface; then run the razor up the pant legs about 10-15 times quickly; then repeat running it down the pant legs 10-15 times quickly. No need to press that hard, but a little pressure is necessary. In both instances, you want to point the top of the razor in the direction you are rubbing the shaver on the pants. In other words, don’t “shave” the pants; point the razor the other way, so that the blades glide over the surface of the jeans and don’t try to cut them.

The threads on the jeans then will very effectively both fix any tiny bends in the blades that inevitably happen and will also sharpen the blades on your shaver cartidge. For an already dull blade, you can sharpen it up pretty effectively by doing 50-100 swipes both ways to get it back up to “like new” condition, but only 10-15 times swiped both ways should be necessary to maintain sharpness.

Pro-tip: rather than always having to grab a pair of jeans to do this with, I just cut the pant leg off some old jeans I was throwing away and put it in the same drawer as my Gillette shaver. The same pant leg has so far sharpened the blades on my shaver cartidge quite well for going on eight months now.

Source:
I found this on a tutorial somewhere on the good ol’ Internet about eight months ago, but can’t seem to find it now; instead in my search to find where I originally saw this, my results are always coming up with how to sharpen the old barber shop style straight edge razor blades.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #116
【=◈︿◈=】

wow half a year old bump

i found a pretty funny lifehack the other day. thought it was clever if nothing else

basically if you forget someones name (especially a girl), you ask them for their name. they'll probably be offended and then tell you. then you say "oh i meant your last name"

it's a pretty old thing but just incase some of you didn't know it already. my friends thought it was pretty funny and clever cause they hadn't thought of it
Old 01-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #117
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
wow half a year old bump

i found a pretty funny lifehack the other day. thought it was clever if nothing else

basically if you forget someones name (especially a girl), you ask them for their name. they'll probably be offended and then tell you. then you say "oh i meant your last name"

it's a pretty old thing but just incase some of you didn't know it already. my friends thought it was pretty funny and clever cause they hadn't thought of it
That's so simple yet I've never thought of it.

Thank you!

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #118
【=◈︿◈=】

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
That's so simple yet I've never thought of it.

Thank you!
yeah it's surprising. before i thought of this i just pussied my way around it and asked my friends or something because i forgot
Old 01-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #119
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #120
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
^ hacks
Jegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #121
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
lol @ idiots who don't get the opening your mouth when you blow your nose and those who argued that it is pointless.

Yes, when you are blowing your nose, air does not escape your mouth. However, if you blow too hard and the pressure gets too high in your sinuses, your tongue/soft palate will relax to before your eardrums break, so the air escapes through your mouth instead of out your eardurms. It's like a safety valve.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #122
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Always peeled my bananas that way only problem is it leaves u with a really dirty brown tip when you first bite into it. Often I just throw it on the ground or ignore it and eat it, but the textures different
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:09 AM   #123
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Here's one for ya: If you put deodorant in your ass, when you fart it smells like deodorant instead of fart
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #124
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
^yea well after shoving the deodorant up ur ass r u still gonna shove it up ur arm pit?
Posted via RS Mobile
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #125
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
^one for your ass and one for armpit, problem solved =]
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: