REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 03-31-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

JIC Coilover Repair??? Please HELP!!!

Does anyone know of someone local that could repair coilovers, specifically JIC Magic gas filled coilovers for a 300zx (rears). I've been searching all over & everyone keeps telling me I need to send it out to JIC in the US, not going to happen. So anyone out there know someone who car repair these for a descent price???
Advertisement
mattz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
I don't get it

have you tried contacting evolution? one of our sponsor?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #3

yes I've spoken to JIC dealer in BC, they all say the same thing we will ship it out to JIC USA to get it fixed. After shipping their & back plus the fix I would be better off just buying a new rear set.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:07 AM   #4
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
That's the price you pay for living in Canada. Unless you can get the repair kit separately you just have to get a new set.

Tip on shipping: Go to the Canadian customs first before you cross, to register your product (keep the receipt). Cross the border into US to ship UPS, it is much cheaper. When your item returns, you don't have to pay taxes in Canada since the set was just going into the US for service when you present the above said receipt.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #5

No one knows anyone who fixes coilovers???