REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Angel Eyes and HID... Where to buy and install?

I'm looking to get Angel Eyes and and HID's installed on my 2003 BMW 320i sedan and 2010 Honda Civic Si sedan. I was going to go Advanced Motor Sports in Coquitlam but I heard they are only focusing on rims and tires now. What place would you recommend to purchase and install for a reasonable price? Thanks
Advertisement
EsCo0320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:36 AM   #2
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Just to let you guys know, I'm looking to buy brand new headlights for both cars and I want the Angel Eyes built in already. I also perfer Xenon HID's too. Thanks
Old 04-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Why not just buy online at one of the many reputable dealers on e46fanatics?

I've heard lots of good reviews on the P46's. Xenon+Angel Eyes all built-in.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,121 Times in 1,521 Posts
for the bimmer go with oem, get the same gen headlights with hids.

for the civic, PLEASE leave it at stock, hid in reflectors is annoying. to add on getting angel eye's is just pure rice.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
SFICC-03*

Thanked 1,854 Times in 740 Posts
please dont install HIDs in your civic. please,..
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Thanks Teriyaki for the p46 referral. I found them on http://www.umnitza.com for the BMW but it says that they are out of stock at the moment. If I eventually get them, does anybody know where I could get them installed? I know there are DYI on this but I am not very good at DYI that requires manipulating electrical wires. I'd rather pay and get the job done properly. If anyone knows a place in the lower mainland that are selling p46 and provide installs, I would rather do that then ordering online and possibly paying a huge border tax on the product. Isn't there anymore options than ordering online and DIY? There's gotta be places in Vancouver that do this! Thanks for the reply!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

did you get the pm info for the guy that did my rsx and my friend's mazda 3?
MCC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #8
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Thanks MCC21 for the recommendation. The RSX headlights looks nice. I'm definitely gonna consider Vantagecanada as an option but I think I have my mind made up on the P46. "Projector46 Facelifted OEM Replica Headlight with Predator™ Series Angel Eyes" Here is the link if you're curious to see what they'll look like.

http://umnitza.com/umnitza-projector...on-p-1099.html

I'm gonna go with the Xenon: Canbus 35W and the Predator Orion V2 for Angel Eyes pre-installed. Everything should be already built in. It's supposed to be pretty much plug-in-play and I got a pretty sweet deal in getting the install done for $100 in Vancouver. All-in-All it gonna cost about $600 US or a little bit under for the headlight and $100 CAN to install. The only thing I'm a bit confused is the Canbus 35W... are these OEM coloured projectors? Does anybody know if this option has a choice of colour such 4K or 6K. I pretty much want the whole lighting to be white. Just like the Predator Orion V2 colour in the website. I was told that 4000K or 4300K is what I should be looking for. I think I have to give umnitza a call before I purchase online to clear everything up.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:04 AM   #9

The Canbus 35W is just the ballast kit, it doesn't come with any bulbs, so you can use any bulb type you want so meaning any color you want.

OEM bulb color is around 4300K, and its a bit more yellow, and probably if you want to match the 'white angel eyes' in the picture you are looking at more like 5000k or even 6000k.

"Color choices are available from 4K on up to 6K, with 6K being the most purchased and photographed. Please put the color choice in the comments." - this is what is written on the page, so this answers your question about bulb choices.

Lastly, the projector46 headlights these aren't OEM, so you should research extensively about the quality of the headlights. Aftermarket Halo/projector kits are usually crappy stuff, even worse than your OEM reflector halogen headlights. Also I want to ask you, does your car come with built in projectors already? If it comes with projectors already, it be cheaper to just get HID kit and angel eyes installed, instead of spending 600usd + taxes + brokage fees just for that. And on top of that add 100 buxs for installation. At the end of the day you be like blowing over 800-900 cdn on just this project.

Maybe just install HIDs/angel eyes for like 500 buxs and then just aim your HID beam lower so you won't blind on coming traffic? I honestly think if you properly aim your beam, and get a quality HID kit and use it in your OEM halogen housing its not too bad. You might get some dispersion during rain, but I really sometimes think HIDs in projectors is a bit overrated, its nice and good but then its also very expensive to convert if your car don't come with it in the first place. Its up to you, I just think 900 buxs its quite steep for just lights IMO haha...

Last edited by MCC21; 04-09-2010 at 12:12 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 AM   #10

I have read online about the Projector46™ , they are apparently made from Depo. I have read about Depo on ClubRSX for my car. Apparently they are mixed reviews for this brand, it is one of the better ones out there, but the quality is still debated. GL !
Old 04-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #11
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

i have oem bmw e46 hid's for sale pm me

and i got those repo angle eye housings for sale as well.

i say buy bmw OEM quality instead of cheap china made brands
Nood6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #12
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I just let you guys konw that I am a sales of HID lighting products in China. And i would likt to export our products to globle markets. We have our own brand as PHOHP, and our products as good as bmw OEM quality. The efficiency of our newly launched ballasts raised to 92%, hope this will draw your attention.
uzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #13
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I just received my headlights from fedex today. My appointment for install with MF is next Friday. I was really hoping to get them installed today or the weekend. If any one in Vancouver or Tri-Cities has successfully installed these headlights in there e46 BMW. Give me a call or message me today or the weekend and I'll pay you what MF was going to charge me $100.00 for labour. It doesn't matter to me

Last edited by EsCo0320; 05-17-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #14
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I purchased Umnitza Angel Eyes for G37. It was never installed as I decided to go a different route. Willing to let it go for a good price if someone is interested. It should fit some Bimmers as they use the same rings.

I think it's 6500K

PM me if interested . Nmotion does baking/installs
shollos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #15
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

http://umnitza.com/umnitza-predator-...pe-p-1203.html

According to them they will fit They will fit the E36, E39, and E38.
shollos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:19 AM   #16
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I got the headlights installed the same day I got the package. Thanks MCC21 for pm me the guy who did your RSX. He installed my headlights perfectly. He did the wiring perfectly and did a very clean job for a reasonable price. Here is the link:

http://vantagecanada.com/

I have only one issue. I got the headlights installed but the daytime running lights (yellowish in colour) goes on including the angel eyes. It's kind of annoying because the angel eyes look better with it off during the day. I was told by umnitza that I would need to go to the BMW dealership and get them to shut off the daytime running lights through their computer. I really don't want to pay Brian Jessel a sh**t load of money to do a couple minute job. Does anybody know a place that could do it for a reasonable price? Thanks.