REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   question about theft and charges (https://www.revscene.net/forums/611067-question-about-theft-charges.html)

dellysandwich 04-06-2010 07:16 PM

question about theft and charges

my gf smashed my phone because she was mad.

she took her sim out, and gave me her phone. said take this because i broke yours. she GAVE it to me

i break up with her next day, and she wants her phoneback and i say too bad uve broken 2 of my phones already (shes smashed my phone before too).

she calls the cops. says i stole it. cops call me and say they have enough evidence to charge me.

i didnt steal it. she took her sim out too but thats not proof of my innocence.

what can i do? the cops left me a voice mail saying to give it back or else he will arrest me. he also showed up at my door talking to my parents.

what "evidence" does he have?

ninjatune 04-06-2010 08:22 PM

I think giving the phone back would be cheaper than retaining counsel. Cut your losses and run for your life.

Soundy 04-06-2010 08:34 PM

Get back together with her, knock her up, then give her the phone back and break up with her again.

hchang 04-06-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 6895957)
Get back together with her, knock her up, then give her the phone back and break up with her again.

Sounds like the most logical thing to do.

misteranswer 04-06-2010 08:38 PM

Destroy the evidence.

Qmx323 04-06-2010 09:25 PM

here comes the lol-copter

seekerbeta 04-06-2010 09:32 PM

I'd Phone the officer, and discuss it with him, describe the situation to him in a logical sense, and if you have them, show him the broken phones. if he still wants to go that route, then tell the officer you would like to file a police report with your now ex, for distruction of Property, and then he can go back to her with that evidence. more than likely she will then probably settle with letting you keep the phone

sho_bc 04-06-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekerbeta (Post 6896053)
I'd Phone the officer, and discuss it with him, describe the situation to him in a logical sense, and if you have them, show him the broken phones. if he still wants to go that route, then tell the officer you would like to file a police report with your now ex, for distruction of Property, and then he can go back to her with that evidence. more than likely she will then probably settle with letting you keep the phone

Agreed.

This is so close to being a civil issue its not funny (going 100% on the OP's side of things, its already there). I would contact the police officer dealing with that file and speak to them (or not, the choice is completely yours to make and this isn't legal advice in any way) to find out the whole story and explain your side.

6793026 04-07-2010 08:43 PM

first of all, there is no proof.

the cop is getting all the info on ONE side of the story, the cop does not have grounds to charge you. that's just stupid. this is all about "he said, she said" the cop is just using the scare tactic here.

the cop can't arrest you on this. what proof or evidence do you have?

She called the cops and said you stole it.
1) where is the evidence, was their a police report?
2) please describe HOW and WHEN you stole it. how did she KNOW it was you, did you break in and enter?
3) she has to provide viable proof and testify.

ALL in all, this is bull shit, if the cop gave you a case number, tell him to provide you all proof or all details.

the WORSE thing she can do is to call the provider and have the phone locked off.

OH, lastly, delete this thread and leave no evidence. remember, it's your word against her, please don't be a smart ass and EXPLAIN yourself to the cop, you will dig yourself a HOLE. remember, he is a cop, law enforcer, he's NOT the judge, he has no right in asking you to "return" the product.

anyhoo, just my 2 cent

frojoe 04-07-2010 09:40 PM

Give her the phone back silently and in your head thank your lucky stars you'll never have to see her again??

underscore 04-09-2010 11:50 AM

IF you give her back the phone, bust the pin on it required to charge it. She might try to do something like pull the phone records or something but she probably isn't that bright.

offtopic question: why on earth did you stay with her after she smashed the first phone?

sebTeggy 04-09-2010 12:06 PM

break her phone... LOL

dellysandwich 04-12-2010 01:56 PM

I talked to a lawyer about it and the lawyer thought I was hiding something, because cops usually have better things to do.I explained to my lawyer that its because she's a very good looking girl. The lawyer told me not to talk to the cop, and just play it out now at this point. If I get a court date then so be it. Anyways, I ended the problem by giving the phone back. The cop gave my gf his personal cell #, and tried to hit on her asking her out for drinks. Pretty fucked up in my opinion. I'm back with her now, I know its crazy to go back to her but what can I do right. I'm hooked on pussy.
Posted via RS Mobile

dellysandwich 04-12-2010 01:58 PM

I forgot to add I traded her cell for her old cell+some items...and sex.
Posted via RS Mobile

SpoonFit 04-12-2010 02:00 PM

WHAT!?! lol

Mr.Jay 04-12-2010 02:06 PM

lol the cop has nothing but a story against you

I say smash the phone and mail it to her

just read rest of thread and will like to add to this

stick it up her bum while breakin up with her

dellysandwich 04-12-2010 02:19 PM

No my mother told me that I don't need to do such things. I listen to my mom and my lawyer
Posted via RS Mobile

dellysandwich 04-12-2010 02:20 PM

I wanna report this constable
Posted via RS Mobile

Soundy 04-12-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellysandwich (Post 6903560)
I talked to a lawyer about it and the lawyer thought I was hiding something, because cops usually have better things to do.I explained to my lawyer that its because she's a very good looking girl. The lawyer told me not to talk to the cop, and just play it out now at this point. If I get a court date then so be it. Anyways, I ended the problem by giving the phone back. The cop gave my gf his personal cell #, and tried to hit on her asking her out for drinks. Pretty fucked up in my opinion. I'm back with her now, I know its crazy to go back to her but what can I do right. I'm hooked on pussy.
Posted via RS Mobile

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellysandwich (Post 6903564)
I forgot to add I traded her cell for her old cell+some items...and sex.
Posted via RS Mobile

I want to fail these posts so bad...

skyxx 04-12-2010 04:19 PM

:lol

jackmeister 04-12-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile

time for the proverbial line..

pics or it didnt happen

hchang 04-13-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackmeister (Post 6903768)
time for the proverbial line..

pics or it didnt happen

Oh typical RS answer :) but I agree with it. PICS!

xilley 04-14-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile

can i fail you? LOL add 50 fails to yourself, because i m pretty sure all these viewers would have

freakshow 04-15-2010 01:32 PM

This is definitely the best forum we have on RS.

Greenstoner 04-19-2010 10:13 AM

ARE YOU SERIOUS ? is this thread for real ? lol