REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Pre-nup. Will you sign?

In this day and age where divorce is so common, do you feel the need to protect your own interest by having your SO sign a pre-nup before marriage?

You can argue that it's just a "precaution" just in case something bad happens. But by having this precaution in place, how is your marriage different from a business contract? You can argue that if u love ur SO, u'd sign it for her. But if ur SO love u, she wouldnt have made u sign in the first place.

This has me troubled lately since I'm handling a divorce settlement. There's a pre-nup in place but they'r fighting over the wording of it. It got pretty ugly and the kids r like, "mommy, why are we fighting daddy?". It's sad when I see them in the office.

Marriage has completely lost its meaning.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?

Last edited by q0192837465; 04-13-2010 at 02:33 PM.
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

you mean "pre-nup" right? lol...

as in a prenuptial agreement
MyPresIzBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPresIzBlack View Post
you mean "pre-nup" right? lol...

as in a prenuptial agreement
oh, really? hahha, my bad. Mod plz change the title, I'll change my post

Old 04-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

i'm guessing you're the receptionist?
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
lol!
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
lol, not really. Made a boo boo.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #7
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by q0192837465 View Post
But by having this precaution in place, how is your marriage different from a business contract?
Because of all the fucking
babykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #8
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:

Marriage has completely lost its meaning.
AMEN to that!

and you bet your ass i would despite the fact that I'm not worth a crazy amount. When it comes to divorces, you can bet the other is going to try to snag as much as possible and I don't care how "in love" you may be, it doesn't take much to change that.

GEEK!! NERD!! I might be stupid but not dumb...
crazie_gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #9
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
To me, a pre-nup is like asking "will you be my future ex-wife?" when you propose...
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #10
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

fast forward to 3:45

ARI: "i'd kill my wife before i get a divorce"

fnguyen96 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2010, 12:35 AM   #11
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
To me, a pre-nup is like asking "will you be my future ex-wife?" when you propose...
but if something does happen, you could lose a lot
Old 04-15-2010, 12:49 AM   #12
HELP ME PLS!!!

head so good, you dont ask for a pre-nup
Old 04-15-2010, 12:53 AM   #13
I'll be good I promise.

Thanked 1,551 Times in 329 Posts
Too young for this! I dunno in maybe 10 more years maybe I'll look in this thread : P
Posted via RS Mobile
Kim Jong Un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 AM   #14
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnguyen96 View Post
fast forward to 3:45

ARI: "i'd kill my wife before i get a divorce"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtpN5...next=1&index=2
^ this was the best effing episode of the whole season!!!
I can't wait until the final season!!!
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #15
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
I see nothing wrong with pre-nups,

in fact,

why would you want to share what you earned on your own with someone else?

what you earn together should be split if you break up,

what you earn seperatly before the marriage, shouldnt be shared with anyone else.

I will definitly request a pre-nup before my marriage, whats mine is mine, period.
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #16

^ I'm not sure how to word this, but that's kind of removing part of the marriage. "What's yours is mine and mine is yours except! for this shit. This is mine honey, piss off."

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunpk View Post
but if something does happen, you could lose a lot
So be careful who you marry, and don't be a cheating asshole. I mean I know if you're some richass guy marrying some random hot chick then yeah, sign one. But if you're supposed to be getting married for love, then it seems pretty dumb to me.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 04-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #17
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
Well I think theres 2 sides to every coin,

lets say the guy owns a house, and the girl owns nothing.

would you REALLY wanna take the chance that you could lose HALF of your life savings? you only get 1 life,

thats huge man,

you always hafto think about and protect yourself first and foremost.

I know marriage should be a sacred thing and what not, but you NEVER know what might happen in the future, and you should always protect yourself.

If the marriage ends badly, the wife will resent you and try to take everything she possibly can to make your life hell, women are very emotional in this way and seek vengeance, even if you did nothing wrong and SHE cheated or what ever.

In my experience, if you dont protect yourself, people will fuck you. Thats the nature of us humans.
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #18
Ubereem Mod

I'll probably say this:

If the income is substantially different like 250K vs 30-40K and asset coming into the marriage is very different. I will ask for a pre-nup. And if the soon to be wifey is making the big bucks and ask for the same thing. I'm cool with that. But during the pre-nup i'll probably say if we get a chance @ divorce, anything inside the marriage earned is dvided more or less equally. I think that's fair, or some sort of fair settlement in both person's eyes.

However, if the income is like 50K to 60K(even with future possibility of better earnings for 1 or the other partner.) and then ask for a pre-nup and assets are similiar, I'd be...more hesistant. As going into the marriage it's more or less the same.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #19
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Why do I keep reading it as "pregnant checkup?" lol
Meister1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #20
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
uh, yeah, the woman I marry would be okay with that. this shit should be discussed way before you even get married.

alright lets for a second pretend you are completely logical, and drop your ego. the logical thing to do would be to sign the prenup right?

alright lets for a second pretend you are completely driven by your emotions and ego. You are madly in love with her. So no one signs any prenup.

alright two outcomes, you two last until death do you part, or you two last till someone is sick and tired of the other... actually I don't really know where I'm going with this, it doesn't make sense to me anymore.

in short, get her to sign the prenup. tell her about your friends bad experiences, or uncles or whatever. make something up.

raise another question, why WOULDNT she sign the prenup? you can't fucking predict the future. Marriage isnt a business transaction, therefore financial matters SHOULDNT BE A FACTOR RIGHT?

if it shouldn't be a factor, then why are you guys worrying about signing it? money isnt the main focus here, so stop focusing on it. money only matters when you split, if you split, and if you split, and that is a possibility, you will regret not getting her to sign the prenup.

think of all past relationships, how fast did they go sour? did you ever see it coming? could u have predicted the 180 degree turn? no one could have, it happens so fast.

why cant that happen to a marriage? don't give me that "but we love each other, we'd never let that happen" speech. you ain't some supreme being with supreme powers. you're just a human. you can't control that stuff. it's all in your mind.

sign it.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 04-15-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #21
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
uh, yeah, the woman I marry would be okay with that. this shit should be discussed way before you even get married.

alright lets for a second pretend you are completely logical, and drop your ego. the logical thing to do would be to sign the prenup right?

alright lets for a second pretend you are completely driven by your emotions and ego. You are madly in love with her. So no one signs any prenup.

alright two outcomes, you two last until death do you part, or you two last till someone is sick and tired of the other... actually I don't really know where I'm going with this, it doesn't make sense to me anymore.

in short, get her to sign the prenup. tell her about your friends bad experiences, or uncles or whatever. make something up.

raise another question, why WOULDNT she sign the prenup? you can't fucking predict the future. Marriage isnt a business transaction, therefore financial matters SHOULDNT BE A FACTOR RIGHT?

if it shouldn't be a factor, then why are you guys worrying about signing it? money isnt the main focus here, so stop focusing on it. money only matters when you split, if you split, and if you split, and that is a possibility, you will regret not getting her to sign the prenup.

think of all past relationships, how fast did they go sour? did you ever see it coming? could u have predicted the 180 degree turn? no one could have, it happens so fast.

why cant that happen to a marriage? don't give me that "but we love each other, we'd never let that happen" speech. you ain't some supreme being with supreme powers. you're just a human. you can't control that stuff. it's all in your mind.

sign it.
someone sticky this shit
Old 04-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post

sign it.
Lol, I think if Ulic work for some network marketing / MLM companies, he'll make big bucks

Old 04-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
^ I'm not sure how to word this, but that's kind of removing part of the marriage. "What's yours is mine and mine is yours except! for this shit. This is mine honey, piss off."

So be careful who you marry, and don't be a cheating asshole. I mean I know if you're some richass guy marrying some random hot chick then yeah, sign one. But if you're supposed to be getting married for love, then it seems pretty dumb to me.
while i agree with marrying for love, you can't predict the future like ulic says. you obviously don't marry just to think you are going to get divorced, but you never know down the road if you or your partner will have a change of heart. people always change.

i mean you don't date somebody and assume you're going to break up in x amount of years, but it's always a possibility and you gotta be prepared for it.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #24

Quote:
Lol, I think if Ulic work for some network marketing / MLM companies, he'll make big bucks
he'd be a good lawyer.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunpk View Post
while i agree with marrying for love, you can't predict the future like ulic says. you obviously don't marry just to think you are going to get divorced, but you never know down the road if you or your partner will have a change of heart. people always change.

i mean you don't date somebody and assume you're going to break up in x amount of years, but it's always a possibility and you gotta be prepared for it.
But by preparing for it are you not also ensuring that outcome? ie if you don't let yourself get too heavily into a relationship because it might end, then it will end because you always held back.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: