REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Civic + subaru = this (https://www.revscene.net/forums/612302-civic-subaru-%3D.html)

FerrariEnzo 04-20-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamhead (Post 6914690)
all he did was change the body from subaru to civic... the subaru body looked way better

haha sounds like you CANDO it better!!!

impactX 04-20-2010 07:19 PM

Nice, a daily driver that can't survive another crash.

LemonT 04-20-2010 07:43 PM

A cool project, but that thing is like a moving death trap? He changed all the geometry of the car and the structure as well. Wouldn't it be more feasible to transplant the subaru drive train into the civic? It'd have an unaltered frame that way

Phil@rise 04-20-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonT (Post 6915823)
A cool project, but that thing is like a moving death trap? He changed all the geometry of the car and the structure as well. Wouldn't it be more feasible to transplant the subaru drive train into the civic? It'd have an unaltered frame that way

It would have a VERY altered structure that way.
I've did a rear wheel drive conversion on a CRX, put a 300zx drivetrain into one its no easy task. There is plenty of questionable chassis mods to do so.
What he has done, if done right, can be a much safer way to do it. He hasn't altered the wheel base or suspension geometry, he's just fucked with the unibody structure. As long as he's reinforced all the needed areas then it could be fine but not road legal and I would never recommend driving it on the road.

LemonT 04-20-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 6915835)
It would have a VERY altered structure that way.
I've did a rear wheel drive conversion on a CRX, put a 300zx drivetrain into one its no easy task. There is plenty of questionable chassis mods to do so.
What he has done, if done right, can be a much safer way to do it. He hasn't altered the wheel base or suspension geometry, he's just fucked with the unibody structure. As long as he's reinforced all the needed areas then it could be fine but not road legal and I would never recommend driving it on the road.

from the look of his work, it doesn't look that safe at all, doesn't seem like he reinforced all the needed areas like you said.

on a side note, replacing some of that body work looks to be a bitch if he ever got into a fender bender.

hotong 04-20-2010 08:09 PM

fuck pretty sick

Mugen EvOlutioN 04-20-2010 08:28 PM

interesting

Leopold Stotch 04-20-2010 08:52 PM

wow that is so cool and so not what i expected when i started reading it

i'm curious as to how safe this thing will be, but so much work put in.

JSALES 04-20-2010 09:21 PM

didn't think he was gonna use the civic body over the subaru haha

StylinRed 04-21-2010 03:55 AM

a Subavic

sounds very russian... which is quite fitting