REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   an OEM Exhaust on a different car (https://www.revscene.net/forums/612692-oem-exhaust-different-car.html)

dakillabee 04-23-2010 03:46 PM

an OEM Exhaust on a different car

Hey guys, I bought a civic with a fart can it's way too loud and sounds obnoxious. So I bought a OEM S2000 muffler (might as well since I got it for $20) :D. If I'm lucky hopefully I don't ever get a ticket or VI but if I do get one...Do I have an argument to overturn it? The S2000 exhaust tip is obviously larger than a civic but it is still OEM. Or is it still OEM now that its on a different car? I don't know. :confused: All I know is that its going to be much quieter.

skidmark 04-23-2010 04:29 PM

Glad to see that you can tell when you are going to be a heat magnet! I'm sure that your neighbours will appreciate it too. Please try search first, as I know that the answers you are looking for have been discussed here before.

XtC-604 04-23-2010 06:50 PM

the S2000 doesn't really have a quiet exhaust, i've been pulled over a few times for it.

Qmx323 04-24-2010 02:03 AM

it'll probably be quieter on a civic

dakillabee 04-24-2010 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidmark (Post 6921321)
Glad to see that you can tell when you are going to be a heat magnet! I'm sure that your neighbours will appreciate it too. Please try search first, as I know that the answers you are looking for have been discussed here before.

Yeah its annoying I cant even hear myself and my passenger talking when Im on the highway. I tried using search. I spent most of my "work slacking minutes" (about 30 minutes) looking for an answer. Most of threads were about aftermarket exhaust didn't find one with an oem exhaust. Had to go back to work so I decided to post. It's kind of interesting reading it. It's not black and white with VIs and stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtC-604 (Post 6921547)
the S2000 doesn't really have a quiet exhaust, i've been pulled over a few times for it.

Really? What kinda car was it?

SumAznGuy 04-24-2010 07:32 AM

Biggest thing is to take off those chrome tips. Once you take away the shiny, then the exhaust will look stockish and shouldn't be a VI magnet.

Besides that, you should have no issues with noise.

skidmark 04-24-2010 01:47 PM

I've found that the best way to search here is to use only a keyword or two and restrict the search to the Police Forum. For instance, here I would try "exhaust" and "tip" as OEM probably doesn't come up in the usual posts here. I still got about 100 hits with this search, but the first page of them lists topics that seem to be representative of what you are looking for.

Eff-1 04-24-2010 05:28 PM

technically it might be legal under that ridiculous "widened outlet" rule, but if it's as quiet as a factory exhaust, there's a very very very small chance you'll be hassled for it. it's the noise that attracts unwanted attention 99% of the time.

Mugen EvOlutioN 04-26-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtC-604 (Post 6921547)

stock ones?

its only loud becuz its high reving, anything 9000rpm will sound insane