REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Automotive Chat

Island Automotive Chat Victoria to Port Hardy and everything in between
For all your island car related talk.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

soda blasting what a mess I must say

well I have had nightmare painting my engine bay and sting of bad luck

first off i primed it turned out good then I used pistcoate paint and it was just udder shit so i swap to a better paint ppg brand and worked good.

now the sad part the next day when i went to paint again the paint winkled for some reason was not impressed.

so i sanded down the bad spots and then i was told to run sealer so i did (bad idea) the sealer ri used was junk and id di not know so pretty much the hole bay wrinkled i was pissed

(lets just say that day i got really drunk)

so now i was thinking of ways to fix this crap, so i called a guy i knew that does good work with paint and asked him to dropped over.

so he said to me he will strip it all off with stripper and fix all the junk let behind and touch up to the bondo spots since the stripper takes off the sand able spot fill primer.

so any way flash foreword 2 days and my car is done so i get it towed home and wow udder shit holly fuck why me

paint was thin could see primer missed spots bad prep old paint still on the car and stuff just half taken off and my interior was soaked with water :: angry ::

basically added stripper blasted it with pressure washer then primed and paint runs every thing

so fuck that called him up asked him if this was a joke and he got mad but still got back soem money for this joke job

so now i out of bunch of money and stuff for all this dicking around i decided to do ti right so i called up a person to soda blast my car ( messy but works well check it out)

and video man i am glad i am not him lol
http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss54/nashman1981/?action=view&current=MOV00168.flv

so if you ever think about painting some thing i suggest you think about getting ti blasted cause shit works well and doe snot wreak a thing
Advertisement

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

and to think, you could have paid me half of what you have invested so far, and it would have been done right the first time.

I guess paying a professional is overrated.
slammedcivicsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

its the shitty sealer i used that really messed up a lot of stuff oh well live and learn

i have a guy that going to paint it this time

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote