REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Support Forum > Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs

Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs 2016 RS.Net iT Admin: SkinnyPupp
Organizational feedback, general suggestions, account fix requests, concerns, acknowledgements, website and forum bugs & fixes. Support the site, by downloading the official RS App for Android!

Old 04-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
A dedicated RS Sponsors directory

What do you guys think?

This is what i got in mind:
A link in the nav bar [ Forums Tech Auto Chat VLS Buy & Sell , Support etc..] called "RS Sponsors"

then on the very 1st post SG! could list all the sponsors names.

Auto
1. BJ Autohause
2. Speed Syndicate

Sound:
1. Soundsgood

Food
1. Wings
2. Ebisu

etc...

Then on the subsequent posts, each sponsor or SG! can list details.
Shop Name,
A small blurb on who they are etc.
Address , Phone# , Shop hours , other contact methods
shop rate - if applicable,
then a list of services, - not super detailed but more like key words for craigslist ads. [ Services: Detailing, Cut-polish, wax, interior, exterior etc..]

Each sponsor or SG! can then go to their respective posts, and edit as information changes.

Right now i find, SG! creates a thread for new sponsors, but that thread soon gets buried with other crap, and a search is needed. with this 'directory' all users know where to find info, and its a matter of pressing ctrl + f , with obvious keywords to see if services are offered.

this would be a one stop shop for users wanting to know 'where can i get my car detailed to - who can install a false floor.

just an idea - thoughts?
Advertisement

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
What do you guys think?

This is what i got in mind:
A link in the nav bar [ Forums Tech Auto Chat VLS Buy & Sell , Support etc..] called "RS Sponsors"

then on the very 1st post SG! could list all the sponsors names.

Auto
1. BJ Autohause
2. Speed Syndicate

Sound:
1. Soundsgood

Food
1. Wings
2. Ebisu

etc...

Then on the subsequent posts, each sponsor or SG! can list details.
Shop Name,
A small blurb on who they are etc.
Address , Phone# , Shop hours , other contact methods
shop rate - if applicable,
then a list of services, - not super detailed but more like key words for craigslist ads. [ Services: Detailing, Cut-polish, wax, interior, exterior etc..]

Each sponsor or SG! can then go to their respective posts, and edit as information changes.

Right now i find, SG! creates a thread for new sponsors, but that thread soon gets buried with other crap, and a search is needed. with this 'directory' all users know where to find info, and its a matter of pressing ctrl + f , with obvious keywords to see if services are offered.

this would be a one stop shop for users wanting to know 'where can i get my car detailed to - who can install a false floor.

just an idea - thoughts?
Licensed Automotive VENDORS
http://www.revscene.net/forums/font-size-3-f176.html
Licensed Lifestyles VENDORS
http://www.revscene.net/forums/font-size-3-f276.html

and this hasnt been updated for awhile ....
http://www.revscene.net/sponsors/index.html
Tofuboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
^

but the way i'm saying it would be more useful, and user friendly.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote