REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:59 PM   #26
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
I'm home now, found some links for you to look at:

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/u...-and-fructose/

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/u...syrup-follies/

http://diabetesupdate.blogspot.com/2...liver-fat.html

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

i think that the reason that they say that is because if you go for too long a period without eating...your metabolism slows down (thinks it needs to conserve more energy) and when it comes time to eat, you are so hungry that you are more vulnerable to over eating.....it also matters what you're eating during those 6 meals....remember...calories in...calories out
latina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #28
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I'm home now, found some links for you to look at:

http://diabetesupdate.blogspot.com/2...liver-fat.html
I looked at the study in the article and its a pretty bad study. The study had

1. Very small participants. There is only 24
2. Bad study design. How do we know that the increase in hepatic lipids etc were not due to eating more calories? Control was isocaloric diet and the test was the same isocaloric diet PLUS a ton of fructose. The treatment group had an additional 35% of the persons recommended caloric intake in fructose. A better design would be to have the 2 groups both eat an isocaloric diet and have the treatment group eat more fructose and the control eat another sugar. Or have other treatment groups eating an additional 35% of their caloric intake in fat/protein/another sugar.

just saying...
kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:12 AM   #29
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypetit View Post
6 meals a day is hectic. Eat one regular meal and a ton of snacks (fruit/veggies).
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #30

This must be a slap in the face to all the hardcore bodybuilders who wake up mid-sleep just to get a quick meal in so they don't think they're going 8+ hrs unfed

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #31
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I don't know exactly how it works, but I've had great results cutting up diet alone, with 6meals a day. Although you deal w/ calories in/calories out. Doesn't your body get accustomed to a certain intake pattern, and will react adversely if you change this drastically? Like regular hi water intake for a week, then reducing it by ~50% for a short time after, your body is used to removing hi amounts of water and continues to do so even when you've reduced. I don't really know, but I feel the same tactic w/ diet has worked for me.
Posted via RS Mobile
ajei is offline   Reply With Quote