REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #26
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Hines View Post
Marring can totally be corrected, its just a matter of whether or not you're willing to put in the time to do it
ill give it a go on my own and worst case scenario ill get it done professionally down the road. thanks for all the input guys.
Advertisement
-vancityguy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #27
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
For single scratches, I suggest you take a look at QuickX scratch remover. I've used it several times on a few cars, on some rather unsightly scratches. It takes a bit of elbow grease to work in, but works very well. Recommended.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:12 AM   #28
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
when i helped my friend clay his a5, we marred the paint pretty good in some spots.

bilt hamber auto balm took it right out! i love that stuff!
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:56 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
when i helped my friend clay his a5, we marred the paint pretty good in some spots.

what was the marring due to, lack of lube? too much pressure applied?

also what kind of clay did u use? i been doing some reading and apparently professional grade clay is way more aggressive, over the counter stuff meguiars/mothers etc.. are pretty mild at best.

btw the clay bar i have is the mothers set. two yellow clay bars w/mothers showtime detail spray.

Last edited by -vancityguy-; 05-02-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #30
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post

Usually Audi paint is quite hard. What kind of clay were you using? Also, BH would have just masked the marring. It has no abrasive to remove anything.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911fanatic View Post
Usually Audi paint is quite hard. What kind of clay were you using? Also, BH would have just masked the marring. It has no abrasive to remove anything.
i read all aggressive clays will mar for sure because you are supposed to polish after anyways.

the mothers set i got, its pretty safe?
Old 05-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #32
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

yes that clay is not aggressive.
eFx[A2C] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #33
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -vancityguy- View Post
what was the marring due to, lack of lube? too much pressure applied?

also what kind of clay did u use? i been doing some reading and apparently professional grade clay is way more aggressive, over the counter stuff meguiars/mothers etc.. are pretty mild at best.

btw the clay bar i have is the mothers set. two yellow clay bars w/mothers showtime detail spray.
it was ricardos and we used tons of lube. the marring only occurred in the body's lines/edges. not sure if it was considered a hard clay or not. we stopped using it after we noticed the marring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911fanatic View Post
yeah we know the autobalm doesnt actually correct the marring, but it worked in a pinch to mask it pretty good. fortunately we didnt do many sections before we stopped using the clay.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote