REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 05-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

2008 Civic Si

Hello everyone,

I don't know anything about cars and would like some help. Please treat me like a newbie that I am and help me out.

I really love this car and would like some work done on it. Would you please point me to the right direction?

I have a couple of questions.

1. I would like to put Amsoil in it for my next oil change as I heard it improves performance. But i can't find it anywhere in the in Vancouver.

2. I would like to tint my windows. What is the cost to do this? I know it's illegal to do this but are there certain things you can do to the front window and side windows to look as if it's not tinted?

3. Fog lights... I really want to have some nice fog lights.

4. Where can I get competition clutch installed?

If you can help me answer these questions, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Advertisement
dannyegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:25 AM   #2
RS controls my life!

1. i use royal purple for my si
2. don't tint the front windows cuz you going to get VI if you go to richmond or anywhere for that matter
3.go to the website collegehills and get yourself a set of oem foglights and get them installed by garage five or dealership
4. order a clutch from garage five and get them to install it.

Your not going to find alot about 8th gen civic in revscene to go to 8th gen dot com and chek out the site, it's alot more helpfull
FS1992EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:28 AM   #3
THEY HATE US CUZ THEY AIN'T US

yeah and check out www.8thcivic.com
you'll get a lot of info there.
exhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Don't tint front windows.

Better to get replica fogs on ebay. Costs $100 compared to $200+++ at dealership. Performs just as well.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
Banned (BBM)

pmed ya
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #6
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyegg View Post
If you don't know anything about cars, don't waste your money on this. Unless you're actually planning to do some forced induction and putting this car on the racetrack a competition clutch is completely useless and will probably make it a pain in the ass to drive through traffic. However, if you insist, garage5 is probably a good place, but be prepared to spend a bunch of money
reaver64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:54 AM   #7
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Thanks guys for the replies.

Alrighty, I'm going to check into it and get back to you all.
dannyegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

1) change to new oil will not gain any performance, save the $$ and stick with what you're using and change oil frequently to extend engine life.

2) Front tinting is no fun, if you get caught at a road block, you will get VI for sure...

3) Ebay would be a good source:
08 Sedan - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genui...Q5fAccessories

08 Coupe - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...Q5fAccessories

4) Is your clutch slipping now? Don't upgrade the clutch unless you need replacement or making more power than stock because clutch will NOT make power
You can try Evolution in Maple Ridge, they have price on labour and good services
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyegg View Post
Hello everyone,
1. I would like to put Amsoil in it for my next oil change as I heard it improves performance. But i can't find it anywhere in the in Vancouver.

2. I would like to tint my windows. What is the cost to do this? I know it's illegal to do this but are there certain things you can do to the front window and side windows to look as if it's not tinted?

3. Fog lights... I really want to have some nice fog lights.

Hello, I drive the same car. So in response to your questions here we go:
1) The choice of oil for your oil change is really a matter of synthetic or non-synthetic, and then (mollybendium based or non-mollybendium based don't ask me to go into too much detail just google 'bob the oil guy' for more info). I have used Penzoil Platinum, Mobil 1 Synthetic, and Royal Purple. For me the best idle and long term viscocity was felt *not tested, butt dyno only* with the Royal Purple (molly based oil) the aparently doesn't last long but if your changing oil like me at 5000km intrevals that doesn't matter too much. PS: I'd use Amsoil Syncromesh for my transmission fluid as many members on 8th civic find that it works really well to improve "notchyness" in shifter feel.

2)If you REALLY want to tint your fronts also make sure to get a light tint and a REALLY GOOD installer (and tint that will stand up to the d*mn RCMP scratch test) So no gaps in the tint, and strong tint film. I suggest "Street Legal Tint" in vancouver (once again google it)

3) Fogs are not a big deal, go buy some anywhere really. I had my OEM glass lense's crack on me *damn F150's on the Coquahalla* i replaced both with some china brand for $120 (if you don't want to DIY then +60$ for install) lookup MFT on marine drive, they had a special for our car a little while ago

4) We don't make enought torque to justify a stage 3 competition clutch if your motor is stock. If you have a built K24.K20z3 engine and are pushing 250+ ftlbs then i might consider upgrading the clutch. The only other time i'd change my clutch is if my clutch is already slipping. Save the cash and buy something else unless its broken, like get a nice suspension setup. *Progress RSB, and a nice dampner + Spring setup)

PM me if you want to chat more

Last edited by bksolbadugy; 05-10-2010 at 09:42 AM.
bksolbadugy is offline   Reply With Quote