REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #26
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
gym is way too boring.
Wut?
Advertisement
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:57 AM   #27
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

ok this is going to look upon this from another angle - your reasons for her to hit the gym are pretty selfish. you basically don't want an overweight girlfriend - kinda shallow if she's got everything else together. personally i couldn't care less if the girl i dated worked out. as long as she's healthy and a good person, i am fine with her - within reason of course as there has to be a physical connection. but to actually post in a forum to ask for advice on how to get your girlfriend to workout cause you think she's going to get fat? terrible. if she were to see this - after you've caused an innocent girl to develop an eating disorder - the only thing it's going to do is motivate her to kick your ass to the curb.

what if you suddenly got into a bad accident and were bound to a wheelchair and couldnt 'perform'? would you care as much that she was carrying an extra 10 pounds - or would you be happy that she accepts you no matter what
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

^ no one asked for your opinion

encourage healthy eating and do more physical activities with her this summer
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:04 AM   #29
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

public forum. i don't need your permission
Old 05-07-2010, 06:51 AM   #30
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

shrink her clothes by throwing them in the dryer for a long period of time...this way it will gradually shrink without making it obvious
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #31
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeivb View Post
shrink her clothes by throwing them in the dryer for a long period of time...this way it will gradually shrink without making it obvious
im going to remember that one
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzman View Post
ok this is going to look upon this from another angle - your reasons for her to hit the gym are pretty selfish. you basically don't want an overweight girlfriend - kinda shallow if she's got everything else together. personally i couldn't care less if the girl i dated worked out. as long as she's healthy and a good person, i am fine with her - within reason of course as there has to be a physical connection. but to actually post in a forum to ask for advice on how to get your girlfriend to workout cause you think she's going to get fat? terrible. if she were to see this - after you've caused an innocent girl to develop an eating disorder - the only thing it's going to do is motivate her to kick your ass to the curb.

what if you suddenly got into a bad accident and were bound to a wheelchair and couldnt 'perform'? would you care as much that she was carrying an extra 10 pounds - or would you be happy that she accepts you no matter what

If its a girl thats out of shape, we encourage them to go the gym.

If a guy is out of shape....a girl finds somebody else who is.

Its more likely to reason with a girl in the means of fitness as opposed to a guy. And besides...thats what this thread is supposed to be; motivating your girlfriend to be more active, not poking her fat and calling her names. Active awareness does effect a relationship.

But nonetheless, if my significant chooses to sit on the couch all night watching Gossip Girl, the Bachelor and all this other bullshit TV....thats something i could lose patience with.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:02 AM   #33
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Quote:
So... you've never had a girlfriend before, have you?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #34
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
If its a girl thats out of shape, we encourage them to go the gym.

If a guy is out of shape....a girl finds somebody else who is.
And apparently WE'RE the assholes when we suggest going to the gym..
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:15 AM   #35
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
i grab at her stomach and pinch her roll. then she goes for a run. lol
also i ask her how far along she is while rubbing her stomach.

she doesnt need to lose weight but she thinks she needs to drop at least 5lbs (shes 120)
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #36
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:

fat people are ugly. and ugly people make me sad. being sad makes me angry. and no one wants to see me angry.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #37
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

If it bothers you that much then get rid of her. Find a girl that wants to take care of herself for herself and not for you. Sure you might be able to motivate her now but what about in a year. What if you get married? Is she still gonna want to go to the gym and eat properly for you then?
I know it sounds selfish and shallow but its the truth. If its gonna always bother you then it will just end up creating conflict in the long run.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #38
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
if you bring her to to the gym you better not be the touchy feely "lets talk and make out in the middle of the goddamn gym" type

nothing i hate more than seeing couples in the gym who spend more time talking to each other than actually working out

get in, work hard, get out

nothing more nothing less
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #39
KJL
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:

i want her to be more active, not living in a sedentary lifestyle

how can one be healthy if he/she doesn't exercise?
Old 05-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJL View Post
i want her to be more active, not living in a sedentary lifestyle

how can one be healthy if he/she doesn't exercise?
so you want her to do something that she doesnt want to do?

how would you feel if she was posting in a forum "how can I get my boyfriend to give me an orgasm, he doesnt know what to do" or "how can i get boyfriend to stop being so cheap and buy me things"

being healthy and exercising are 2 seperate things. you can have one without the other. I know people who exercise who live a very unealthy lifestyle and vice versa. In my opinion its better if someone has a very clean lifestyle by eating healthy, doesnt smoke or drink, and walks a lot is in a much better position than someone who hits the gym ocassionally but drinks, smokes and eats fast food all the time.

Last edited by Marioo1991; 05-09-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

call her a giant walrus
dizzystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #42
KJL
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
so you want her to do something that she doesnt want to do?

how would you feel if she was posting in a forum "how can I get my boyfriend to give me an orgasm, he doesnt know what to do" or "how can i get boyfriend to stop being so cheap and buy me things"

being healthy and exercising are 2 seperate things. you can have one without the other. I know people who exercise who live a very unealthy lifestyle and vice versa. In my opinion its better if someone has a very clean lifestyle by eating healthy, doesnt smoke or drink, and walks a lot is in a much better position than someone who hits the gym ocassionally but drinks, smokes and eats fast food all the time.
of course health is linked to exercise!

there are so many benefits from exercise: handle stress better, improve sleeping quality, more energetic and many more!

and you said "walks alot" that's a form of exercising right there!!!!!!

i am talking about motivate her to exercise, doesnt mean work out in the gym only

anyway i am planning to take her walk/jog, and design couple simple body weight training program that she can do at home.

Last edited by KJL; 05-10-2010 at 01:16 AM.
KJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:39 AM   #43

They are linked but you can have one without the other.

Why not just have more sex, that's good exercise
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-10-2010, 09:03 AM   #44
RS Veteran

Quote:
They are linked but you can have one without the other.

Why not just have more sex, that's good exercise
Posted via RS Mobile
i don't see what you mean by the two as "linked" but also independent.

healthy eating and no exercise = not healthy
unhealthy eating and exercise = not healthy
healthy eating AND exercise = healthy

exercise = any form of physical activity including walking, gym, sex.
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:54 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan O'Brien Sex Video View Post
i don't see what you mean by the two as "linked" but also independent.

healthy eating and no exercise = not healthy
unhealthy eating and exercise = not healthy
healthy eating AND exercise = healthy

exercise = any form of physical activity including walking, gym, sex.
Technically walking is exercise, but I dont consider walking from house to car exercise, even though it does use muscles.

That said, I believe you can have one without the other (independent), but generally exercising is part of being healthy.(linked)

I would consider walking as exercise if you actually schedule a time or go out of your way to walk, otherwise its just part of your daily routine. I know people who eat well, dont smoke or drink, dont "exercise" as i described, dont have any healthy issues, but I consider them healthy.

Last edited by Marioo1991; 05-10-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #46
RS Veteran

aahh okay i get what you mean now. yeah i don't consider walking to the car exercise either. but if it's walking (scheduled time, or walking somewhere rather than driving) i consider that exercise.

for me, no matter how healthy a person eats, i don't consider them healthy unless they also incorporate physical activity, even though no health issues may be present. they may not have any health issues *yet*. although some people's jobs may actually be physical without being the sterotypical warehouse job.
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan O'Brien Sex Video View Post
aahh okay i get what you mean now. yeah i don't consider walking to the car exercise either. but if it's walking (scheduled time, or walking somewhere rather than driving) i consider that exercise.

for me, no matter how healthy a person eats, i don't consider them healthy unless they also incorporate physical activity, even though no health issues may be present. they may not have any health issues *yet*. although some people's jobs may actually be physical without being the sterotypical warehouse job.
thats true, there are a lot of other factors to consider that would be considered "exercise."

Obviously if a person just sat on their ass, ate well and didnt smoke/drink, I wouldnt consider them healthy, but without thinking about it even the most lazy person who doesnt want to exercise engages in some sort of physical activity throughout the day.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:06 PM   #48
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

We exercise with friends. A friend and I recently got our girls to start hockey and golf - don't get me wrong, they were reluctant at the beginning. Now they goad each other on in competition. Turns out it's just good natured competition that incites the best motivation to work harder and get better.

Guess it also helps that they were both was on a varsity team in University
pharmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #49
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
show her this

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao