REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

So you think you can bench?

Don't know if there is anyone out there that trains for powerlifting at all but the 2010 BC Provincials are coming up on June 13. I'll just be competing in the bench press if anyone else wants to come out.

http://bcpowerlifting.ca/calendar/index.shtml
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
sas
I bringith the lowerballerith

I will be competing the whole shabang, dead, squat, BP. Actually, the day prior, there is a weightlifting meet. I may attend both.

Are you going raw or shirt?
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #3

i'll be using an inzer rage-x shirt for this meet - if my shoulder holds up and i can stand the pain!

What class are you competing in?

Last edited by xzman; 05-04-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: add info
xzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
sas

Thats the thing right now, I am debating to cut weight and compete at 65 or go at my natural weight which is around 71kg. When I weightlift, I competed at 69kg which was easy to shed 5lbs

I might just compete at my natural BW. I am getting too old and tired of making weight for all of my sporting career. Might just get out on the platform and enjoy it.

Pop some aspirin before you lift, good to go!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

My bench sucks

Just out of curiosity what are you guys lifting?
If possible raw and with a shirt.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
275 is the top for bench?
do they take your top 3 ?
fuck i would kill this
edit, i scrolled down nm, i still think i could hold my own, how much does it cost to enter

Last edited by hal0g0dv2; 05-04-2010 at 07:46 PM.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:08 AM   #7

sas: never too old buddy!

penner2k: i compete in the 75kgs/165lb class. not a self gratifying video but the best way to answer your question

hal0g0dv2: for bench only it's 40 bucks to enter but you also have to get a membership to the bcpa - since it's coming to the later half of the year, and if you're a first time member, they give it to you for about half what it is normally i think. works out to maybe 35 bucks? dont quote me on that. but it's good for the rest of the year if you wanna do other events.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #8
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^ well done. i'm with penner in the "my bench sucks" category. my shoulders can't take it. kinda strange, cuz i'm fine with actual shoulder exercises, but with any sort of horizontal pressing movement with moderately significant weight, my shoulders always cheap-out on me.

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust

Last edited by SizzleChest; 05-05-2010 at 07:31 AM.
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #9
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleChest View Post
^ well done. i'm with penner in the "my bench sucks" category. my shoulders can't take it. kinda strange, cuz i'm fine with actual shoulder exercises, but with any sort of horizontal pressing movement with moderately significant weight, my shoulders always cheap-out on me.
I'm also in this category
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #10
sas

Quote:
275 is the top for bench?
do they take your top 3 ?
fuck i would kill this
No. Your top lift. And I would look at national competitions to see where you stack up, not B.C.

And a touch and go BP vs. a competition BP are very, very different. For instance, my friend bench presses 315 for 3 reps (his touch and go), but managed 285.

And to the Op, Holy crap are you courageous. I don't feel safe in commercial gyms let alone only 1 spotter.

Last edited by sas; 05-05-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas View Post
No. Your top lift. And I would look at national competitions to see where you stack up, not B.C.

And a touch and go BP vs. a competition BP are very, very different. For instance, my friend bench presses 315 for 3 reps (his touch and go), but managed 285.

And to the Op, Holy crap are you courageous. I don't feel safe in commercial gyms let alone only 1 spotter.
lol ya it can get a scary but i usually use the same spotters who know my capabilities so we're in tune with eachother - on that note tho, i'll usually go in the squat rack so i can take advantage of the safety bars 'just in case'.

what is the other comp that you are referring to the day prior?
Old 05-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #12
sas

SeaFest Weightlifting. Snatch and clean and jerk. This is my first PL comp, I am a weightlifter.

My BP is my weakest- since I've never really cared for it based on the sports I played. I will be happy with 120 and hope to total in the 400's.

This sounds really gay- but I'm at that point where I may consider bodybuilding or general training. Doesn't mean I will be doing 10 sets of bicep curls and tricep kick backs