REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Warranty question and some bs

///////
Advertisement

Last edited by -vancityguy-; 08-04-2017 at 10:58 AM.
-vancityguy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
racing & tech mod.

#1, look at the warranty and maintenance guide that should have come with your owner's manual. Look specifically at what is and isn't covered. You may also find this information online.

#2, if the Canadian dealers refuse to fix it, you might be able to zip down across the border and have any warranty work done down there while you are shopping or sight-seeing.
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
Banned (BBM)

richmond infiniti says the door trim is not covered and basically anything cosmetic on a u.s. car is void all together. purpose of bumper to bumper warranty not sure.

morrey infiniti told me the black door trim falls under a 1 year 20,000 mile warranty only, ya right... and about the windshield trim, they say if it was a cheap part they'd

wow judging by those two quotes, it does sound like a pile of shit. Wat the hell is the purpose of bumper to bumper warranty than? i guess door trim and windshield isnt part of bumper to bumper? than wtf is?

Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #4
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

First of all, so called "Bumper to Bumper" warranty is a mis-leading term that a lot of salesperson use when they try to sell you a car, which is not true for a lot of manufacturers. For example most of them don't cover wear & tear items like brake pads & rotors, clutch linings, tires, wiper blades etc. Not sure if you get my point but since these stuff aren't covered, they shouldn't be called "Bumper to Bumper". Coz they're not covering everything on your car.

What is covered or what is NOT covered, why would the sales person care? They just wanna impress you & sell you the car. If you have an issue after you bought it, they will just bring you back to the service department side even you went in & bitch at the sales too.

About the warranty coverage issue, you gotta talk to Infiniti/Nissan of Canada and see if they will cover your US vehicle on that. Have your VIN# and date of purchase etc ready before you talk to them. If they say they will cover it, it still depends on the dealership who actually looked at your car and process usually take longer just because u have a US vehicle. Dealership will make sure everything is done right & they don't lose $ because of it.

U know some people DO go into a dealership & bitch, try to claim warranty while their vehicle's been repaired previously. Coz if the Canadian head office ask for an inspection on that single part they've been replace & it doesn't go through. The dealership is screwed.

So I say try to contact the Canadian head office hotline or email them or something. U HAVEEE to be patient & go step by step on this stuff just because u own a US vehicle. If u want it done nice & quick then book an appointment at a location in Bellingham or something. Email them pictures of the issue & make sure they have the part in stock beforeeeeee u head down to the States.
spoonek4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #5

///////

Old 05-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #6

/////

Old 05-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #7

[/////

Old 05-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by -vancityguy- View Post
ya total bs. i verified warranty info before buying the car, confirmed with infiniti canada, bumper to bumper in tact etc... to me it sounds like a total scam, god forbid u ever have to use warranty on a non mech issue.

on a side not i did have warranty work done besides cosmetic no problem. it was a steering rack tho so they couldn't really say much about that.
Again see my first post regarding to these so called "bumper to bumper" warranty.........

Another thing is if the dealership may decline claims if they see any sign of body repair done on the vehicle. For example u go in saying that door moldings on front & rear doors are "catching", causing one of the other molding to pop up or whatever. In this case if they find out the door's been painted, good luck claiming that under warranty. Coz that's not the dealership/manufacturer's responsibility if the body shop screwed up while they put on the door moldings.

If I see many of these cars every single day I can tell if the paint is original paint from factory or not. So don't be surprised that they said your car's been repaired.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:35 AM   #9

//////

Old 05-05-2010, 03:52 AM   #10
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
door trim fading is indeed common of the fx. you have the 1st gen? I have a yr old 2nd gen and the "leather" seat has already began to crack, last service i talk to the guy int he warranty department and they insist that it is perfectly normal for a leather seat to crack in under a year and even begin to imply that my ass is the problem not their cheap imitation leather... I'm super light weight and I'm know for a fact that REAL leather do not crack like that especially not in a year. Even after bugging him for an hr he will only put a note on my file if the leather crack open entirely he will "look" into it for me.....
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:16 AM   #11

Quote:
i know the wipers/brakes/pads etc... are not warranty items i would never imagine they would be.
Then that's not "bumper to bumper" coz that should mean everything from a tire to a clip should be covered.

Did u buy the car new or used from the States? U know it's tough for these guys to do anything for u coz they didn't get your business in the first place. U saved $ and bought the car from the States and come back here expect them to do free work for them. They're the Infiniti franchise here who's risking not being able to claim anything back from Canadian head office.

If u ask me I will tell u to go back to the States & claim it, honestly.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #12

//////

Last edited by -vancityguy-; 08-04-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #13

/////

Old 05-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #14
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
For BMW, it covers brakes too. I find never say brakes with Infiniti.. my family had owned a few i35 to M45.. the brake rotors and pads get replaced more often than their German brethren.

Warranty service usually have to do with the dealership rather than Infiniti Canada.. since it is the dealership that has to claw the money back from Infiniti Canada. So it also helpful if you go to 1 dealership consistently. In an ideal, haha fantasy world, you can drop to any Infiniti dealership and expect the same treatment but the reality is long time customers often get better service.

My suggestion is to call Infiniti Canada to see who is the current warranty representative for BC., ask for the name and address.. do the same for the dealership and write a polite letter with your full title.. so if you have a MD or PhD that's the time to use it. Send the letter by fax or mail and followup after a while.

Quote:
well i think something defective would be covered. if i wore the brakes down by driving i wouldn't expect them to be replaced. if they had a problem thats a different story.

i bought the car locally private. the guy before me bought it from infiniti of kirkland.

ill call infiniti canada and if they can't/wont do shit ill just forget about it. its nothing major, just a lil annoying.

Last edited by godwin; 05-06-2010 at 04:46 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #15

//////

Last edited by -vancityguy-; 08-04-2017 at 10:59 AM.