REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Auto Vandalism

Hi there,

My woke up today to find that my 2 driver side tires were slashed today, both of which are not repairable. Prior to this, a week ago, my rear driver side tire was deflated. I simply filled it up with air and it was fine but this happened.

I have a feeling that this is targeted as nobody elses cars on my street were slashed. I've lived here for about 5 years and have only encountered one case of people who broke into my MR2 and stole my deck. Other than that, everything was okay until now.

I have a feeling this will happen again so I'm not sure what my options are. I don't want to file a police report because they will probably laugh at me. Some of you may ask if I pissed anybody off recently. The answer is yes however the apology was accepted and the understanding was mutual much prior to any of this happening. I don't want to point finger at anybody. Keep in mind, I love across the street from an elementary school. Kids hang out there late at night but they have never been a problem. Any tips or suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I called the VPD non-emergency line to file a police report anyway in the event this happens again, I will most likely report the vandalism to ICBC.
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

If you said that you have pissed off someone recently, it sounds like the apology wasnt accepted.

Is it possible to park your car indoors?
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
No. Not for the time being.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

When you filed the report when you called the non emergency line, did you mention the person you pissed off? If not, it might not be a bad idea.

i knew someone who made prank calls to someones house, and eventually they got a call from the police. After that the calls stopped..
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Really nothing you can do about it other than keep an eye on it. Also kinda silly but park with a note on your window saying due to recent vandalism police have been notified and car is being monitored via camcorder. Doubt will work but maybe will scare guy off
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

ever consider a couple blocks away from your place and change license plates so they don't recognize your car?
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote