REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 05-17-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Motorcyclist down

Well this is my second time I went down i turned in too sharp and low sided. I learned lesson don't turn too sharp with cold tires. Anyone want to share their stories?
Advertisement
SilverBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:07 AM   #2
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBlitz View Post
Well this is my second time I went down i turned in too sharp and low sided. I learned lesson don't turn too sharp with cold tires. Anyone want to share their stories?
1 wait for tires to warm up... 2 how sharp is this corner because unless your trying to knee drag or something even with you tires cold you shouldn't of gone down..unless you were at some retarded speed in which you had to lean that much and what kind of bike is this
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:58 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

gravel?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:40 AM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Yeah I think it's both me trying to get my knee down and gravel that I didn't see. I just know I was stupid and lesson learned. Good thing my frame slider took the hit saved me from a lot of headaches
Posted via RS Mobile
SilverBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #5
Need my Daily Fix of RS

years ago when i was riding i locked my rear breaks, touge battled with a transit bus to a corner. broke my right leg. lesson: do not wear regular shoes
turb0fr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #6
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
damn, sorry to hear that.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
The only story I have is definitely make sure you're at the right speed/gear before turning. I had to downshift in a corner, didn't blip the throttle, locked the rear wheel and almost lowsided.

Still getting used to what speed I can take corners at and often misjudge too slow (which is a good thing!), yet judged this one too fast.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
RS controls my life!

yep frame sliders are good for the super slow drops or let downs other than that..anything higher speed they pretty much not gonna do that much..but if you go down when your going that fast chances are you probably won't get back up any way haha
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #9
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

watched my buddy go down at 120kmh cuz he was goin too fast for his confidence level and wouldnt lean far enough over ,so he flew off the corner.broken collarbone,severe road rash,wrecked $700 helmet and had to replace plastics and screen.
gsxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #10
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr7 View Post
watched my buddy go down at 120kmh cuz he was goin too fast for his confidence level and wouldnt lean far enough over ,so he flew off the corner.broken collarbone,severe road rash,wrecked $700 helmet and had to replace plastics and screen.
OMG!
Posted via RS Mobile
Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote