REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onassis View Post
Looks like there's a bit of Scirocco influence on it.
Remains me of scirocco and euro ford fiesta put together
Advertisement

Last edited by Jackygor; 05-18-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #27
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
back in the days when 320 was still available, brown friend bought one..i was like WTF

friend bought a 323 last year, i rode it and was seriously like wtf

stock rims is a joke
interior is a joke

the air conditioning can only adjust three ways. blow in ur face, blow at ur feet, and blow at the windshield ...

simply speechless
those that buys bottom ends euros makes me laugh, no u are not any better than the joe blow that lives beside u with a fully loaded maxima. in fact u are worst. Underpower pos with no options, does not deserve a luxury brand logo
Actually, there was a 318i that was mad jokes. But guess what it can still oversteer! RWD FTMFW

Quote:
in case you ppl didnt realize

ghetto 323 starts $35-36g

and that shit has worst option than a civic

3 way ventilation control? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

fake ass leather

$36g u can get a fully loaded accord with 270hp and a nice interior, TSX, add some money get a TL.

riding the 323 just makes me laugh. She had to rev constantly 3000-4000rpm for having 3 ppl in the car, i was like LOL, no rear leg room either

Rode S63 AMG the other day, now thats BALLING! it deserves the image and logo on ur key fob. an entry level euro? is no where near close to its name.

Throwing a set of keys on the table thats from a ghetto optionless half ass fake leather seat C240 is not the same as a E class nor S class. Yet some ppl buy a C240 they think they are in the big boys league now. While looking down upon other fellows who drives a camery/accord/maxima thinking he is better than the rest of them. Pfff
And you still can't get the tail out on the accord or the civic
For everyday driving yes, the accord or tl or tsx are better. But when it comes to fun, the driving experience that a BMW provides to the low end, mid end, high end luxury segment is valuable
XtC-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #28
Banned (BBM)

335/ 135i fun? yes

underpower pos poser car fun? no

underpower is underpower, despite which end goes out
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #29
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
I must say, I have respect to all bmw drivers. 335, 330 and anything above those are nice cars and handle like a dream. But when you have a low end one.... For example jermey clarkson test drove the 130d and said it was pointless, small impractical but fun yes, however for the same price you can get a golf r32.

For most people, we look at value. Yes fun is a factor but we can't all get an atom or that ktm thing. Those cars a fun. Most people buy cars to get to places and overall value.

I'm not here to say that an accord is better then a base 3 series it has better value. A 330/335 is more fun and you get the luxury end of it.
Posted via RS Mobile
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #30
I am on the internets

mugen evolution, lol you're an idiot. please dont buy a bmw, ever. save it for people who appreciate what a damn good product it is. keep buying your japanese shitboxes.

back on topic, this looks sweet, is this RWD? any more info?
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

I think we should compare rwd to rwd.

for a base 323, you could get a fully loaded 2.0T genesis coupe and still have some cash leftover I believe.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
There's definitely a market for this type of car. Anyone who's driven a BMW knows that they have a distinct driving experience that you cannot get with a Japanese or a Big-3 car.

I'm sure that people screamed heresy when BMW released the E30 318is, yet, it is still a highly-respected car that is hard to come by in the used market. The 318ti wasn't marketed properly, but times are different now and this 0-series will appeal to singles or newly-wed couples who want a product that drives well, has some utility (hatch), and is easy to park.
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #33
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Some of you need to realize is that back in its home country, BMW isn't exactly considered to be the sort of badge status that it is here. The same goes for Mercedes. You know what cars I saw more often as taxi's than anything else while I was in Germany and Austria? Merc's and Bimmers. In the UK, you can buy a similarly optioned BMW 3'er with a 2L diesel for barely more than £1000 over a similarly optioned Honda Accord with the same specs and engine. BMW over there isn't viewed in the same light as it is here, hence why people have absolutely no problems buying a 3-series with a 1.6 diesel or a 1.8 gasoline engine, or a 5-series 2.0 diesel. This is why it makes sense for BMW to build a small super-mini coupe (0-series). It doesn't mean they're bringing it over here; it just means there's a market for it in their home country/continent.

It's the mentality we have over here that makes people stick up their noses at a BMW with less than a fully optioned out interior and an engine that's smaller than 3L's.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #34
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
mugen evolution, lol you're an idiot. please dont buy a bmw, ever. save it for people who appreciate what a damn good product it is. keep buying your japanese shitboxes.
I'm not one to take mugen's side, but in this case you're an idiot. He's made a good point (in his own annoying way) that some of the lower models 3 series indeed do suck ass for the price, and yet there are still people who drive them around thinking they're king shit. Unless you were so blinded by the BMW logo walking past the hood to not see that for that price you should be getting a lot more in the interior, i don't see how you can defend BMW's declining quality on the lower models. But then again, according to you japanese cars are shitboxes , as apposed to BMW's amazing reliability
reaver64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #35
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post

back on topic, this looks sweet, is this RWD? any more info?

its ppl like u thinking driving ur shit box low end euro owns the street

keep it up champ

Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #36
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I hate fwd. period. But, I think its a step in the right direction for bmw. It is reacting and catering to the market. It is just how business works. As for buying a base 3. I see nothing wrong with that. Those are the work horses and are probably the most reliable ones to get. There is none of the fancy gizmos and useless extra weight luxuries. And guess what, I've owned many Japanese and German cars throughout the years. For performance cars, running cost and maintenance end up being about the same for anything if you drive hard. Euro, Asian, American, etc will all break at some point. The only issue I have with North American BMW is the fact that we cannot customize on options like in Europe. I don't think I'm alone when I say that I want the highest performance and biggest engine in the lowest equipped 3 with cloth seats, no sunroof, no nav, no run flats, no i drive shit, simple controls, none of the lux stuff. Hell, even give me the smallest steelies you can fit over the biggest brakes. Why, because first thing I do is probably going to get some light weight wheels for it anyways.
toyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #37
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
What the ugly??

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #38
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

mmm...I like hatchback.
BMW135i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #39
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Some of you need to realize is that back in its home country, BMW isn't exactly considered to be the sort of badge status that it is here. The same goes for Mercedes. You know what cars I saw more often as taxi's than anything else while I was in Germany and Austria? Merc's and Bimmers. In the UK, you can buy a similarly optioned BMW 3'er with a 2L diesel for barely more than £1000 over a similarly optioned Honda Accord with the same specs and engine. BMW over there isn't viewed in the same light as it is here, hence why people have absolutely no problems buying a 3-series with a 1.6 diesel or a 1.8 gasoline engine, or a 5-series 2.0 diesel. This is why it makes sense for BMW to build a small super-mini coupe (0-series). It doesn't mean they're bringing it over here; it just means there's a market for it in their home country/continent.

It's the mentality we have over here that makes people stick up their noses at a BMW with less than a fully optioned out interior and an engine that's smaller than 3L's.
Very true. When I was in the UK, BMWs and Mercs grow on trees. A friend of mine has a 2004 diesel C-class and he treats it like a runabout shitbox. The Status thing is purely a North American viewpoint (and maybe Asian market viewpoint as well).

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #40
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
Very true. When I was in the UK, BMWs and Mercs grow on trees. A friend of mine has a 2004 diesel C-class and he treats it like a runabout shitbox. The Status thing is purely a North American viewpoint (and maybe Asian market viewpoint as well).
I think it's the asian within ...

my parents 1st car was a 1995 Vw passat GLX VR6, and I remembered how he always told me that we have an european car which is better then any honda accord or toyota camry out there. (this is from my dad)

My uncle has a M-b s600 he laughs at my accord.... I laugh at his maintenance cost
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #41
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

As a euro and bmw enthusiast this disappoints me, however i dont see bmw having a problem in marketing this vehicle. 0-series is a stupid name, the design of bmw's is getting ugly (i guess im more old fashioned), and i dislike the talk about FWD coming into production.
skylinergtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:02 AM   #42
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi128 View Post
I think it's the asian within ...

my parents 1st car was a 1995 Vw passat GLX VR6, and I remembered how he always told me that we have an european car which is better then any honda accord or toyota camry out there. (this is from my dad)

My uncle has a M-b s600 he laughs at my accord.... I laugh at his maintenance cost
LOL BUUUURNS.

maintenance cost of S600 + gas at over 110 constantly = you win.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #43
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

what about design and build quality
at least in my eyes, 3er > accord. looks and feel.
also isnt 3 directional AC, the same for everycar? or am i missing something.
face, legs, windows.... what else is there?
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:24 AM   #44
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsimi1004 View Post
what about design and build quality
at least in my eyes, 3er > accord. looks and feel.
also isnt 3 directional AC, the same for everycar? or am i missing something.
face, legs, windows.... what else is there?
AC should have a mixture setting for a combination of these, and depending on the trim some cars have rear window defroster vent to aid the wires. Then higher class 3 series would come with a dual zone automatic climate control not a manual knob.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2010, 02:15 AM   #45
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:

its ppl like u thinking driving ur shit box low end euro owns the street

keep it up champ

Back home in Asia my family has a BMW 3 series. Its the older generation e46... 318i. All of 148hp in that little car.

Its more expensive than a Honda Civic but then the engine is so smooth and the way it drives is really, really good. There's a lot of traffic anyway so more power isn't really useful. Interior is classy and the driving feel is really different than from what you get in an Accord or Civic because of RWD and suspension engineering. Think of it as having all the engineering and suspension and brakes that go into the 3 series we have here and just removing some power. Power isn't all that makes a car good.

Oh and that wasn't even the lowest model, there was also the 316i. Again, driving feel and build quality made it more expensive than a Honda.

Ever wonder why Europe and Asia are happy with their smaller engines while we need to always have more power and a bigger badge to show how superior we are compared to others?
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:34 AM   #46
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
can't say I'm impressed
looks like an Infiniti inspired X series after they shaved the butt off
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:03 AM   #47
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
they wont go smaller numbers.. they will bigger ... they gona make an 8, 9 and 10 series...

dont forget they missed the 2 and 4 series....
Old 05-19-2010, 04:13 AM   #48
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
look at BMW market share vs VW market share.

they need to fill in the gap...1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-19-2010, 04:23 AM   #49
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
VW owns Audi AG • quattro GmbH • SEAT, S.A. • Škoda Auto • Lamborghini S.p.A. • Bentley Motors Ltd • Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. •
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles • Scania AB •
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. • Electronics Research Laboratory • Volkswagen do Brasil • Volkswagen Group China

what else does bmw own? Mini and Rolls Royce?

damn i wish i owned VW!!!!

Last edited by FerrariEnzo; 05-19-2010 at 04:41 AM.
FerrariEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:42 AM   #50
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
^you forgot to add Porsche to VW's line up.....Porsche almost owned VW!...too bad the CEO was an ego maniac!
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote