REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vacations and World Travel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vacations-world-travel_246/)
-   -   Going to Taipei (https://www.revscene.net/forums/615811-going-taipei.html)

Ch28 08-04-2010 09:28 PM

How's your vacation in taipei so far?

Friend convinced me to join her in October because her family has a house there so we got free accomodation. I can barely speak mandarin so she'll basically be my translator the whole time :mamoru:

Presto 08-05-2010 11:12 AM

Don't forget to stock up on Hi-Chew. It's cheaper in Taiwan (compared to HK).

guddagudd 08-05-2010 01:00 PM

Oh man, I'm from Taipei but I haven't gone back in like 7-8 years, I miss it so much, please post about it when you get back!

twitchyzero 08-05-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guddagudd (Post 7056444)
Oh man, I'm from Taipei but I haven't gone back in like 7-8 years, I miss it so much, please post about it when you get back!

do yourself a favour and go back.
two years ago i went back for the first time in 7 years...a lot of things haven't changed in Taipei (other than the 101 really..), you'll be really happy to eat good cusine and see family again.

Ch28 08-11-2010 09:46 AM

Staying at Grand Hyatt in Taipei from Fri Oct 22 - Mon Oct 25th

Gonna be alternating between Taipei and Taichung cause my friend has a place there.

Anybody else going to be there around that time?

classified 09-22-2010 09:34 PM

im goin to taiwan with a buddy for 2 months next month, what are good clubs there right now? i hear the girls will be goin crazy for tall white blonde guys there. were staying in a apartment in tan mu, is there any good clubs there? or do we gotta go to taipei

twitchyzero 09-22-2010 10:28 PM

its only like 20 minute taxi into taipei city..so do that of course..tian mu is known for having more white people and i doubt there are decent clubs there.

Ulic Qel-Droma 10-08-2010 04:35 PM

I'll be in taipei end of NOV sometime. and maybe a little bit into dec. maybe.
I'll update you guys once i have a real schedule laid down.

Ch28 10-09-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 7136798)
I'll be in taipei end of NOV sometime. and maybe a little bit into dec. maybe.
I'll update you guys once i have a real schedule laid down.

you asshole!

leave next week! i'll be there for 2 weeks

AWDTurboLuvr 10-11-2010 09:52 PM

I was there for 3 weeks in September. Super hot and humid, should be a bit cooler now and in Nov and Dec. I was there two years ago, not too much has changed, aside from an extension on the MRT and a bit more development around Taipei 101. I didn't do too much clubbing, only went to Luxy and Barcode. Barcode had quite a bit more CBCs if you are looking into that scene. I miss the food already! I'll be back there again in December and I can't wait.

f00tzilla 10-14-2010 10:38 AM

taiwan was great. as for clubs... what seems to be hot now is spark, primo, room18 ... i would recommend spark and room18... i went to luxy it was OK nothing amazing..

i really miss the food. everything is so ridiculously cheap ... i used this blog to find out where to eat (after you tried all the night market and traditional stuff) and she's pretty good at ranking stuff http://hungryintaipei.blogspot.com/

if you have money to spend suggest goign to 'higher' end restaurants with set menus you get so much more value than here in vancouver... $20-$30 for 4-6 course meal and its damn good.

if you want food court food i usually went to breeze food court on top of taipei main station... other than that most of the time i was eating at the nightmarket (there are so many..... shilin is a must go...)

if you have that time i would recommend going to Jiufen its like a 2 hour bus ride but that place is pretty awesome....

for shopping:::

if you are >20 go shop at zhongxiao dunhua area there's like several malls and small shops.. there's also a hella lot of good restaurants there.

if you want cheap clothes go take the MRT to Hoshanpi station and you will be at the Wufenpu clothing market.. you can buy stuff for dirt cheap, you have to bargain though.

oh. and if you are going for a while. you will miss pho like i did.

azn_beef 10-14-2010 12:58 PM

all i can say <3 betel nut

xilley 10-15-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classified (Post 7116303)
im goin to taiwan with a buddy for 2 months next month, what are good clubs there right now? i hear the girls will be goin crazy for tall white blonde guys there. were staying in a apartment in tan mu, is there any good clubs there? or do we gotta go to taipei

so your white..?

Ch28 10-15-2010 05:53 PM

Landed yesterday and it's hot as fuck over here.

Stand in the sun for 2 minutes and I'm already sweating. God bless the man that created the fan.

ps. scootering is fucking awesome over here. such a shame that it's not as big in Vancouver as it is over here.