REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vacations and World Travel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vacations-world-travel_246/)
-   -   Calgary Stampede 2010 & Edmonton (https://www.revscene.net/forums/616339-calgary-stampede-2010-edmonton.html)

604DREAMER 06-01-2010 11:28 PM

Calgary Stampede 2010 & Edmonton

Hi,
I'm planning a trip with some friends during the Calgary stampede and was wondering how is the nightlife during this time? We are a group of asian 25+. We like house, trance, & electro music. Will there be any head lining DJ's spinning? I'm also interested in checking out the after hours. I tried looking on clubzone/vibe but couldn't find any info. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

We are also planning a stop over in Edmonton, I'll need some nightlife recommendation for there as well.

TIA

j2oxstar 06-01-2010 11:49 PM

warehouse in calgary, twilight in edmonton.

but someone gets stabbed or shot there weekly?

Kim Jong Un 06-01-2010 11:58 PM

Warehouse is long gone.

Machi604 06-03-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j2oxstar (Post 6974549)
warehouse in calgary, twilight in edmonton.

but someone gets stabbed or shot there weekly?

As stated, warehouse is closed now. and I wouldn't say someone gets stabbed/shot weekly here, but it's not rare either.. once alcohol is involved, there's always someone that will start shit (like anywhere else) lol

Benny Benassi is in town on July 2nd @ Flames Central..
There's also Seven Lounge too if you're looking for more upscale.. no Ed Hardy, Affliction, etc. clothing allowed..

ScizzMoney 06-03-2010 08:41 AM

Having worked in Alberta since 2004, I've been to both Cities quite a bit over the years. I wouldn't even bother wasting my time going to Edmonton. I compare Calgary and Edmonton to Los Angeles and Sacramento. There's no reason to be there if you aren't working.

I would suggest to go to Calgary for sure during the Stampede. Instead of Edmonton, hit up Banff for a few days. The nightlife in Banff is a lot like Wistler.

Machi604 06-03-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScizzMoney (Post 6976359)
Having worked in Alberta since 2004, I've been to both Cities quite a bit over the years. I wouldn't even bother wasting my time going to Edmonton. I compare Calgary and Edmonton to Los Angeles and Sacramento. There's no reason to be there if you aren't working.

I would suggest to go to Calgary for sure during the Stampede. Instead of Edmonton, hit up Banff for a few days. The nightlife in Banff is a lot like Wistler.

+1.. there's a reason why everyone calls it Deadmonton.. dirty oilers :haha:

If you go to Banff, check out Aurora on a saturday...

Oh and in Calgary, you can hit up Hi-Fi too.. good music but SMALL club lol

6793026 06-03-2010 11:06 AM

if u ever get a chance stay at one of the bar in the stampede peopel just get smashed there. i gotta say, it's the only time discrimination is the least in calgary during the stampede
I have so many stories where my buddies cant' get in cause they are asian / wearing runnig shoes or "please provide 10 pieces of picture ID"

Mr.HappySilp 06-15-2012 05:56 PM

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I am heading to Calgary this July during the stampede (will be there for 2 weeks).

Any good place to visit there other than Banff or lake louise? Also, how's the party there? Any good place for food, bar, clubs I should go?

tiger_handheld 06-15-2012 07:29 PM

check out Calgary Stampede 2012 Party and Event Guide / https://twitter.com/#!/StampedeZone
also just checked out clubzone - their calgary section is all about stampede =\

edit: Just noticed the date. Oh well - site above is still good.