REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 06-01-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Calgary Stampede 2010 & Edmonton

Hi,
I'm planning a trip with some friends during the Calgary stampede and was wondering how is the nightlife during this time? We are a group of asian 25+. We like house, trance, & electro music. Will there be any head lining DJ's spinning? I'm also interested in checking out the after hours. I tried looking on clubzone/vibe but couldn't find any info. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

We are also planning a stop over in Edmonton, I'll need some nightlife recommendation for there as well.

TIA
Advertisement
604DREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

warehouse in calgary, twilight in edmonton.

but someone gets stabbed or shot there weekly?
j2oxstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
I'll be good I promise.

Thanked 1,551 Times in 329 Posts
Warehouse is long gone.
Kim Jong Un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2oxstar View Post
warehouse in calgary, twilight in edmonton.

but someone gets stabbed or shot there weekly?
As stated, warehouse is closed now. and I wouldn't say someone gets stabbed/shot weekly here, but it's not rare either.. once alcohol is involved, there's always someone that will start shit (like anywhere else) lol

Benny Benassi is in town on July 2nd @ Flames Central..
There's also Seven Lounge too if you're looking for more upscale.. no Ed Hardy, Affliction, etc. clothing allowed..
Machi604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
Having worked in Alberta since 2004, I've been to both Cities quite a bit over the years. I wouldn't even bother wasting my time going to Edmonton. I compare Calgary and Edmonton to Los Angeles and Sacramento. There's no reason to be there if you aren't working.

I would suggest to go to Calgary for sure during the Stampede. Instead of Edmonton, hit up Banff for a few days. The nightlife in Banff is a lot like Wistler.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
Having worked in Alberta since 2004, I've been to both Cities quite a bit over the years. I wouldn't even bother wasting my time going to Edmonton. I compare Calgary and Edmonton to Los Angeles and Sacramento. There's no reason to be there if you aren't working.

I would suggest to go to Calgary for sure during the Stampede. Instead of Edmonton, hit up Banff for a few days. The nightlife in Banff is a lot like Wistler.
+1.. there's a reason why everyone calls it Deadmonton.. dirty oilers

If you go to Banff, check out Aurora on a saturday...

Oh and in Calgary, you can hit up Hi-Fi too.. good music but SMALL club lol
Machi604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
if u ever get a chance stay at one of the bar in the stampede peopel just get smashed there. i gotta say, it's the only time discrimination is the least in calgary during the stampede
I have so many stories where my buddies cant' get in cause they are asian / wearing runnig shoes or "please provide 10 pieces of picture ID"
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I am heading to Calgary this July during the stampede (will be there for 2 weeks).

Any good place to visit there other than Banff or lake louise? Also, how's the party there? Any good place for food, bar, clubs I should go?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
check out Calgary Stampede 2012 Party and Event Guide / https://twitter.com/#!/StampedeZone
also just checked out clubzone - their calgary section is all about stampede =\

edit: Just noticed the date. Oh well - site above is still good.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote