REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 06-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

911fanatic vs Gti

Client brought this car i for a single stage polish as it had accumulated some light marring from weekly washes. Sorry for the lack of before pics but it was pouring rain out when I washed it. Let me say that the car was extremely clean and even the jambs only needed a light brushing to clean them.

Jambs etc cleaned with citrus cleaner I'm testing.
Washed with Bilt Hamber Auto Wash. Great soap when you consider it foams like crazy and you only use one TABLESPOON per 4-5 gallons.
Clayed with some new clay we are testing
Terence polished the drivers side with Uber orange and Power Finish on his Makita (until he broke it ) while I used the Uber yellow on my trusty PC7424. The Uber green got rid of all the washing issues, but some deeper stuff remained so we opted to get out what we could without resorting to heavy abrasives.
To amp up the gloss, I went around the car with Uber blue and 106FF.
We really wanted to impress the owner as the car had come in looking really good already so we decided on Gloss it for LSP duties. Gloss it Activator was applied first to lay some good ground work for the Gloss Finish to adhere to. Two coats of Gloss Finish were applied via PC and Uber black I believe at speed 3. After letting the Gloss Finish cure overnight, I applied a coat of Gloss it Concorso the next morning.

Total time - 21 hours

Enjoy the final pics.

Wheels were cleaned with Gloss it Wheel Cleaner at 3:1. Tires were dressed with Optimum ire Shine while the wheels got Blackfire All Metal Sealant.

Grill and mesh lowers were dressed with Autoglym Silicone Spray.

Advertisement
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
I recognize that car, haha.
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:12 AM   #3
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Omg it's a mirror! Awesome ken, just awesome!
Posted via RS Mobile
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
Banned (BBM)

so clean and shiny
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote