REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mobile-phone-tablet-chat_52/)
-   -   The iPhone 4 Thread (it's the iPhone 4, not 4G) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/616784-iphone-4-thread-its-iphone-4-not-4g.html)

ilvtofu 11-29-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 7204846)
Thinking of getting the iPhone4 or the Blackberry 9780....

I heard that the syncing system for iPhones are a pain in the ass, and also the constant updates + unlocks are a nuisance (heard that, everytime you update your OS, you gotta backup your phone on itunes and re-upload it onto your phone and some apps don't work after or something)

Can someone explain more experiences?

You need to backup on Blackberry for updating OS as well and it takes just as long. Backs up the same sort of stuff but I'd say the opposite. I lost all my apps on BB after updating/restoring, whereas iPhone keeps them all up to date better. I'm not sure why but blackberry desktop manager really sucks with apps. Get the iPhone or an android lol, one annoying thing with the Blackberry on OS 5 was that whenever it was acting glitchy you would need to reset with a battery pull. Takes like 5 minutes to start up afterwards. iPhone startup/respring time is much less

G 11-29-2010 09:50 AM

^I've heard good reviews about the OS6. But, from my relatives, they've had some problems when they have to update and some apps that they got, from jailbreaking, didn't function after they backed it up. They also said it was a huge bitch syncing your phone since it only works with 1 computer only or something? :S

xxxrsxxx 11-29-2010 11:10 AM

has anyone been able to download 3G Unrestrictor? I haven't been able to find it even if i do a search in Installous.

OriginalJC 11-29-2010 11:25 AM

Search in Cydia, not installous.

ilvtofu 11-29-2010 12:39 PM

Lol is there a way to get that free?

Neone else SMS failing?
Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 7207708)
^I've heard good reviews about the OS6. But, from my relatives, they've had some problems when they have to update and some apps that they got, from jailbreaking, didn't function after they backed it up. They also said it was a huge bitch syncing your phone since it only works with 1 computer only or something? :S

Lol because when we update we restore it. If you restore + rejailbreak using apptrackr it should work fine
with the bb u get the option of drag and drop as well as sync with iTunes. I guess it's fine if you only use one comp. iTunes account can be used for more than 1 computer though. Ie. If you purchase apps you can have them on more than one comp. But with the music it's one or the other I guess to prevent piracy

Posted via RS Mobile

jing 11-29-2010 12:41 PM

My SMS' haven't been going through either
Posted via RS Mobile

jtanner_ 11-29-2010 12:52 PM

^ Saaaame. It's not just iphones but rogers I believe as it's happening to my girlfriends bb as well.

I had this same problem this morning around 6~ am while heading to work, was browsing rs on mobile and even 3g stopped working for a while.

Now it's acting up again lol.

Ch28 11-29-2010 01:17 PM

SMS on Rogers goes through but takes forever

Tim Budong 11-29-2010 01:27 PM

SMS going thru
but it repeats
being sent text from an iphone user

TOS'd 11-29-2010 01:57 PM

Rogers had a problem with their SMS a little while ago. Problem seems to have been resolved though. Also wasn't iPhone specific.

stuff99 11-29-2010 02:36 PM

Last night my iPhone 4 couldn't detect the provider for a good 15 minutes. I'm with Rogers.

My brother who's using an iPhone 3G on Rogers had no problem.

Anyone else had this problem last night?

Ch28 11-29-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff99 (Post 7208042)
Last night my iPhone 4 couldn't detect the provider for a good 15 minutes. I'm with Rogers.

My brother who's using an iPhone 3G on Rogers had no problem.

Anyone else had this problem last night?

Was this around midnight-1am this morning?

I had the same issue where the network just died so I rebooted the phone and it was fine after.

Si 11-29-2010 03:30 PM

kept getting told that texts are failing, but they went through to the other person though..

and when other ppl texted me, it told them the msg failed.. but it went through.

Si 11-30-2010 12:05 AM

WTF now I'm losing total reception....

Wonder if it's just iPhone
Posted via RS Mobile

MTV Cribs 11-30-2010 03:49 AM

It's the 3G network. I put my iPhone on edge mode and it works fine.
Posted via RS Mobile

stuff99 11-30-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 7208043)
Was this around midnight-1am this morning?

I had the same issue where the network just died so I rebooted the phone and it was fine after.

Ya, same time. Odd it only affected iPhone 4s though. I'm glad it's not just me cause I'd hate to go back to Apple to exchange for another one. lol

Razor Ramon HG 11-30-2010 10:25 AM

bcrdukes once told me something about how iPhones operate on different levels or towers or something like that. That might explain why the issue only affected iPhones.

Hondaracer 11-30-2010 02:11 PM

when i woke up this morning i had no 3G or edge, but once i got to school it was back

3Gunrestrictor doesnt work for facetime yet..

DanHibiki 11-30-2010 04:31 PM

http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?t=50700

Quote:

The new Cydia was released yesterday however it doesn't show up anywhere in Cydia as an update. At this time you must download and install it manually following the directions below.

Download the new Cydia v1.0.3366-1.deb

There are a few different ways you can install however the simplest for most people would be...

- FTP into your phone using something like iSutal, WinSCP, iFunBox etc.
- Navigate your way to the folder /private/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall (If you get to the Media folder and find that there is no Cydia folder then you just need to manually create one. Same with the AutoInstall folder. THEY ARE CASE SENSITIVE!!)
- Now drag and drop the cydia_1.0.3366-1_iphoneos-arm.deb file that you downloaded above into that folder
- Reboot your device and that's it!

Changes that I have noticed so far...

- AMAZINGLY FAST throughout the entire app! Saurik must have finally added some nitrous or boost to Cydia because it's WICKED FAST NOW!
- Interface is pretty much the same with the exception of a few things here and there
- The Changes badge is finally working again (I am sure most of you have noticed that on previous versions of Cydia when there were updates available for the apps you have already installed there used to be a little red badge with a number on the Changes tab however ever since iOS4 came out this hadn't been working until now.)
Just tried it. It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster now

OriginalJC 11-30-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 7209336)
when i woke up this morning i had no 3G or edge, but once i got to school it was back

3Gunrestrictor doesnt work for facetime yet..

Works for me? I can facetime over 3G no problem.

jtanner_ 11-30-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicHurricaneKick (Post 7209494)
http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?t=50700

Just tried it. It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster now

I also just updated, much faster... I honestly hated using cydia just because of the lengthy times... much easier browsing through it now

invader 12-01-2010 11:01 AM

Is there a untethered jailbreak for 4.1.2 yet?

Ronin 12-01-2010 01:33 PM

There has been for awhile. The problem is 4.2

saucywoman 12-01-2010 02:53 PM

So I accidently posted in the who's lining up thread and I did get a couple answers but unfortunately it didn't help cause I didn't understand what to do... Can anyone please help..

So someone I know left their phone at the gym and ended up getting it back but the fuckers locked the phone so now they can't use it at all. They took it into rogers but they don't know how to get the user their access back..

Keep in mind, I don't have an iphone so I'm going to have to try and explain it to someone that just got this phone so has limited knowledge of it. Thanks :)

tegz 12-01-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saucywoman (Post 7210790)
So I accidently posted in the who's lining up thread and I did get a couple answers but unfortunately it didn't help cause I didn't understand what to do... Can anyone please help..

So someone I know left their phone at the gym and ended up getting it back but the fuckers locked the phone so now they can't use it at all. They took it into rogers but they don't know how to get the user their access back..

Keep in mind, I don't have an iphone so I'm going to have to try and explain it to someone that just got this phone so has limited knowledge of it. Thanks :)

Wow, wth, they didn't steal it, but they locked it? -_- what an insensible thing to do.. jerks.