REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mobile-phone-tablet-chat_52/)
-   -   The iPhone 4 Thread (it's the iPhone 4, not 4G) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/616784-iphone-4-thread-its-iphone-4-not-4g.html)

RESN 03-26-2011 12:27 PM

^ It's pretty normal to have to wait for an unlock with all these new firmwares and models. I had a iPhone 3G where I couldn't unlock it for 4 months... and I just used it as a iPod Touch. You seem awfully demanding for something that you don't even have to pay for. I would like to see you unlock it since they are all clearly too lazy to do it. The unlock will come out... eventually. Since you are so close you may as well just sell your iPhone and wait for the 5. It will be slightly better.. just slightly though. :)

also why do you have a AT&T if you don't mind me asking :D

syee 03-26-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t8v6 (Post 7362128)
so this morning i accidentally dropped my iphone 4 in the toilet when I went to take a crap :(. turned it off immediately and put it in a bowl of uncooked rice, heard the rice helps soak up the water. anybody had any unfortunate experiences like this and was able to save their phones? will apple give me a new one or can they immediately tell when I bring it to them? any help would be great. >.<

Almost all phones have a water damage indicator. I figure iPhones will be no exception.

On the Blackberry phones, they were white squares that were stuck in various places that would turn pink/red when exposed to water. I've read that the iPhone has them right under the dock connector. Take a flashlight and see if you see any red in there.

EDIT: after some Googling, there's water damage indicators in the dock connector, in the headphone jack as well as two on the inside of the phone.

DanHibiki 03-26-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-spec (Post 7362134)
^ i dropped mine into a sink full of water when i was doing dishes one time (living alone at the time fckers, no i'm not a bitch) anyway shut it off right away, put it in the middle of a huge bucket of rice. Not a small bag of rice, but literally a giant bucket that could fit 4 of my size 11 shoes, i did 2 days and nights just to be safe.... and when i took it out, there was literally no sign of moisture and phone worked just fine... it was pretty dusty from all the rice flour so i had to take it apart and use an air can to blow all the crap away, but it worked.....

hey i gotta ask you guys for your suggestion, i'm stuck with an iphone 4 locked to AT&T, had it for over a month now unusable cuz i can't unlock it, have 4.2.1 with 3.10...
what would you guys do, just bank on a "possible" unlock they say may or may not be coming, lazy fcking hackers! or just fcking sell it use something else and wait for iphone 5 ??

have the iphone 5 specs been released yet? what are the advantages over the 4 ?

http://www.redmondpie.com/unlock-4.3...ith-gevey-sim/

http://www.redmondpie.com/gevey-sim-...aseband-video/
Posted via RS Mobile

DanHibiki 03-26-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _*aE (Post 7362149)
^ It's pretty normal to have to wait for an unlock with all these new firmwares and models. I had a iPhone 3G where I couldn't unlock it for 4 months... and I just used it as a iPod Touch. You seem awfully demanding for something that you don't even have to pay for. I would like to see you unlock it since they are all clearly too lazy to do it. The unlock will come out... eventually. Since you are so close you may as well just sell your iPhone and wait for the 5. It will be slightly better.. just slightly though. :)

I agree. I hate people who complain about hackers being slow and call them names and such.

You act like they owe you something when don't owe anyone jackshit. They doing this for free.
Posted via RS Mobile

G-spec 03-26-2011 01:51 PM

^ yea thanks man, but i'm waiting for that 40 bit nck hack they're talking about that's the sure tried and tested method.... i'm done fcking around with shit i dont understand, all i do is make it worse..

once the nck hack comes out, i will go get it unlocked somewhere they know what they're doing..\

i read somewhere the hackers might just skip the unlock and move right onto the iphone 5 since it's so close to release, i understand obviously they dont owe me anything for fcks sake, but if they're gonna dedicate themselves to doing something, then they should do it capability, and don't half ass it... that's all i'm saying

DJ Milk 03-26-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t8v6 (Post 7362128)
so this morning i accidentally dropped my iphone 4 in the toilet when I went to take a crap :(. turned it off immediately and put it in a bowl of uncooked rice, heard the rice helps soak up the water. anybody had any unfortunate experiences like this and was able to save their phones? will apple give me a new one or can they immediately tell when I bring it to them? any help would be great. >.<

I hope you tell your family that you put your poop toilet phone in there otherwise they might cook the rice and eat it :teeth:

RESN 03-26-2011 02:24 PM

Once they exploit it especially RIGHT before another version will come out, Apple will find ways to prevent them from exploiting it the same way again in their next version. Which means weeks or months of their hard work to exploit that would ALL go to waste. You are wrong about them dedicating themselves to hacking. Yes, they do hack, jailbreak, and do whatever it is they do, but most if not ALL of them have their own jobs and lives. Their primary job isn't to hack the iPhone. Who is paying them? I believe it is something they do from the good of their heart to release it to the public at no extra charge. You can choose to donate to them or just use it free of charge.

DanHibiki 03-26-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-spec (Post 7362230)
^ yea thanks man, but i'm waiting for that 40 bit nck hack they're talking about that's the sure tried and tested method.... i'm done fcking around with shit i dont understand, all i do is make it worse..

once the nck hack comes out, i will go get it unlocked somewhere they know what they're doing..\

i read somewhere the hackers might just skip the unlock and move right onto the iphone 5 since it's so close to release, i understand obviously they dont owe me anything for fcks sake, but if they're gonna dedicate themselves to doing something, then they should do it capability, and don't half ass it... that's all i'm saying

How do u know they are half assing it? Everytime Apple patches something the hackers need to go searching for a new exploit again and again. Not an easy task and surely is time consuming.

You sir need to watch this.

Posted via RS Mobile

cliffhanger33 03-26-2011 05:39 PM

got ghost armor on my iphone 4, its amazing, way smoother texture than invisible shield

viet604778 03-26-2011 06:11 PM

Im just wondering, when do you guys usually charge your phones?

DanHibiki 03-26-2011 06:38 PM

When I go to bed

jeff19 03-26-2011 06:49 PM

What themes/lockscreens are u guys using now? starting to get bored of the EPHD theme..

cliffhanger33 03-26-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff19 (Post 7362526)
What themes/lockscreens are u guys using now? starting to get bored of the EPHD theme..

inav is aight

cliffhanger33 03-26-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _*aE (Post 7362149)

true but now we can be thankful that GEVEY sim is out, it can unlock anything now, just buy the sim.

http://technewsperk.com/general/geve...band-04-10-01/

insomniac 03-26-2011 07:45 PM

@g-spec i feel you man my iphone is stuck on at&t too haha.. im just gonna sell it and wait for iphone 5. i got a ipod touch 4 but expect the battery to be half as good as the iphone 4's (if you dont turn on 3g). but i find the ipod touch a bit faster sometimes cuz it doesnt have a cellular network

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 (Post 7362448)
got ghost armor on my iphone 4, its amazing, way smoother texture than invisible shield

oh man i gotta try this lol.. hated how invisible shield felt like rubber and sometimes stops my finger when im playing a game cuz its so grippy

Quote:

Originally Posted by viet604778 (Post 7362477)
Im just wondering, when do you guys usually charge your phones?

at night before i sleep and usually right when i go home i plug it into my computer cuz thats where my desk is at

Quote:

ive always used glaskart HD not glaskart.(you have to go to cydia's home page and tap featured themes.)cuz i find some themes UI's lag the phone or drain the battery. glaskart a nice and simple theme.

Kilinim 03-27-2011 12:11 AM

Somewhat related. I updated my iTouch to 4.3 and it deleted all my songs and apps. Any ideas why? It still will not re sync any of my music back. My photos sync fine but nothing else will.
Posted via RS Mobile

viet604778 03-27-2011 04:05 AM

Quote:

for lockscreen im using z-ui slide - its a animated slide
for them im using the new revi-krs, i love it, clean and slick
http://www.macciti.com/idevice-art/i...-revi-krs.html

*ltp* 03-27-2011 04:34 PM

Would turning off the SSH help with my battery life? What is it exactly if someone could explain to me please and thank you.

DanHibiki 03-27-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *ltp* (Post 7363540)
Would turning off the SSH help with my battery life? What is it exactly if someone could explain to me please and thank you.

yes it will

DanHibiki 03-27-2011 07:47 PM

http://www.redmondpie.com/ios-5-poss...-come-at-wwdc/
Posted via RS Mobile

invader 03-27-2011 10:58 PM

what the fuck? A new iPad coming out despite iPad2 just being released. Any more details on that?

Ch28 03-27-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 7364029)
what the fuck? A new iPad coming out despite iPad2 just being released. Any more details on that?

That news has been rumoured for months now

invader 03-27-2011 11:34 PM

i just did some web searching on it.
Key word is rumour. But then again every rumor for these Apple devices have come to fruition. So when is it safe to by an iPad, they just pump out a new one every season.

Well, i'd like to ask this question. I'm looking into purchasing a Macbook Pro in the summer, is it a good time to buy one or should i wait for next years model?

cliffhanger33 03-28-2011 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 7364096)
i just did some web searching on it.
Key word is rumour. But then again every rumor for these Apple devices have come to fruition. So when is it safe to by an iPad, they just pump out a new one every season.

Well, i'd like to ask this question. I'm looking into purchasing a Macbook Pro in the summer, is it a good time to buy one or should i wait for next years model?

well this year's models finally offer quad core i7s, so i think theyre pretty sick, and macbook pros in general are very durable and last rlly long, good quality etc, so why not buy now? price is always gna be the same

Vansterdam 03-28-2011 06:05 AM

i want to have ebuddy running at all times ( i want it running in the background while i browse/play music) without it turning off on me as i exit the program

is there a way to do this?