REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mobile-phone-tablet-chat_52/)
-   -   The iPhone 4 Thread (it's the iPhone 4, not 4G) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/616784-iphone-4-thread-its-iphone-4-not-4g.html)

Si 02-26-2011 06:43 PM

^ it's $200

insomniac 02-26-2011 09:39 PM

wait a few more months for iphone 5 lolll

ShadowBun 02-26-2011 09:42 PM

theres no cancellation fee for canceling data plan? whoa

Teh Doucher 02-26-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 7319759)
i got my iphone4 a little over a month ago. i tried numerous fido places, none of them had it. then i went to the fido site and called every single place, none of them had it. i gave my number to all of them and asked them to call when it arrived. to date, nobody has called

what you can do though (and what i did) was go to apple first thing in the morning and set up an "appointment" to sign up for a contract (if none of the places have them like a month ago). they do about 10-20 appointments a day though, so if you go any later then 10am, you're out of luck for that day. don't bother calling either, if you want one badly enough, just go into the store, set up a time and return later in the day

keep in mind that was what i did when i got my phone (jan 7th). for all i know that is no longer the case

or you can wait for the iphone5, like ^ mentioned

you're kidding me right? have any of you not noticed that apple is just creating a monopoly with this phone??? its marketing fucking genius and all of you idiots keep falling for it. awfully sheepish

Teh Doucher 02-26-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowBun (Post 7320969)
theres no cancellation fee for canceling data plan? whoa

yes there is.

LUUUUUUUU 02-27-2011 06:24 AM

do u guys get pretty good signal for ur navigon and tomtom gps apps?? almost never works for me

optiblue 02-27-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUUUUUUUU (Post 7321375)
do u guys get pretty good signal for ur navigon and tomtom gps apps?? almost never works for me

Yup! It works great!
Posted via RS Mobile

ilvtofu 02-27-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Are you on 3g?

jing 02-27-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 7321469)
Are you on 3g?

3G is not needed for the GPS

LiquidTurbo 02-27-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Navigon works like a dream for me. It's just as good as any standalone GPS

Senna4ever 02-27-2011 02:26 PM

I've never had any problems with GPS reception.

LUUUUUUUU 02-27-2011 04:18 PM

no.. it just kept trying to get signal, or it'll simulate instead... tried so many times too

danny6o4 02-27-2011 06:19 PM

wait for the iphone 5 its coming out in couple months.

Psykopathik 02-28-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh Doucher (Post 7320994)
you're kidding me right? have any of you not noticed that apple is just creating a monopoly with this phone??? its marketing fucking genius and all of you idiots keep falling for it. awfully sheepish

its a good phone. best i've used anyways.

if you don't like it, why are you even in "the official iphone 4 thread"?

a monopoly? how so? how many people can afford a 6-$800 phone? its a niche market. 90% of people have the cheap POS phone that was the cheapest available when they got cell service.

Psykopathik 02-28-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUUUUUUUU (Post 7321946)
no.. it just kept trying to get signal, or it'll simulate instead... tried so many times too

you using the 3G or 3GS? what firmware. there was a while where my phone just lost GPS reception then never came back. i retored OEM firmware 2X and it still came back for no reason. it was weird. 3.1.2 seems stable for me.

on IP4, the GPS has been rock solid with tomtom with all FW since 4.1

finally i used a newer FW and the problem went away. didn't fucking help me when i was lost in Portland.

mako 02-28-2011 11:38 AM

Somebody doesn't like them apples
Posted via RS Mobile

ddr 02-28-2011 12:25 PM

so you can use tomtom w/ no data and just the gps when u were in the states? i guess same with navigon?

Calinfornia 02-28-2011 12:30 PM

:nicethread:

LUUUUUUUU 02-28-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo E (Post 7322818)
you using the 3G or 3GS? what firmware. there was a while where my phone just lost GPS reception then never came back. i retored OEM firmware 2X and it still came back for no reason. it was weird. 3.1.2 seems stable for me.

on IP4, the GPS has been rock solid with tomtom with all FW since 4.1

finally i used a newer FW and the problem went away. didn't fucking help me when i was lost in Portland.

iP4 and on 4.2.1 and still had trouble with the GPS signal :fuuuuu:

!LittleDragon 02-28-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddr (Post 7323038)
so you can use tomtom w/ no data and just the gps when u were in the states? i guess same with navigon?

You can but if you have your data turned off, it can take a hell of a long time to pick up the initial lock. I landed in Hawaii 2 weeks ago and had my data turned off, the thing wouldn't lock. Had to temporarily turn on the data to get that initial lock before turning off data again. (once I turned the data on, it locked within seconds)

ddr 03-01-2011 12:45 AM

interesting... i guess that's something to try next time

my garmin GPS unit crapped out on me, but i'm on the fence about getting another dedicated gps unit

Ronin 03-01-2011 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh Doucher (Post 7320994)

It not a monopoly to come out with a good product. Sure some people buy iPhones because they're Apple fanboys but it is a genuinely good product. By far the best phone I've ever used.

And it's not hard to get one. I ordered one online and got it in a week in September. People just line up because they want the locked ones because they're either Jews or have Fido dollars.

You know what's worse than being a sheep? People that call others sheep to try to be cool. Not buying a product is fine but saying that a product is bad just because a lot of people have them? That's just silly.

If you think this is a monopoly, you're a moron...or you need a dictionary.

typ. 03-01-2011 09:12 AM

iPad 2 announcement tomorrow!

Psykopathik 03-01-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !LittleDragon (Post 7323546)
You can but if you have your data turned off, it can take a hell of a long time to pick up the initial lock. I landed in Hawaii 2 weeks ago and had my data turned off, the thing wouldn't lock. Had to temporarily turn on the data to get that initial lock before turning off data again. (once I turned the data on, it locked within seconds)

weird. i could get a GPS fix in the air above the ocean.

xxxrsxxx 03-01-2011 11:24 AM

is there a way to transfer your iphone contact lists into MAC address book? I've heard of people doing this when they sync with itunes and it's actually the other way around where the MAC address book is copied into your iphone contact list. So if you don't have any contacts in your MAC address book, you're iphone contact list will be wiped out.