REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 03-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #3826
My homepage has been set to RS

^bcuz dualcore phones are already out and we're still stuck with single core
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #3827
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
How can waiting for the iPhone 5 be bad?

If anything that's GREAT news for those of us that currently have an iPhone 4
That's true. I was speaking for those who are waiting for the iphone 5? :P

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:30 PM   #3828
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff19 View Post
^bcuz dualcore phones are already out and we're still stuck with single core
I have a dual core android phone along with my ip4. I can tell you dual core doesn't mean shit when 1. The os isn't optimize for it 2. Most of the software isn't optimize for it 3. For whatever reason the dual core phone lags 10 time more than the single core ip4, I belive this is still a software issue
Posted via RS Mobile
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #3829
ddr
Snapping away

i think this is quite an expensive toy if there is a completely refreshed model every year. i wouldn't care so much if it's a spec bump in a different color etc. the ip4 is actually still out of stock in some part of the world. doesn't make sense to be pushing a new one unless it's targeting a different segment of the market.

i don't think it's a big deal that we're still at single core. if anything we do things other phones can only do with a dual core. i see all these android guys posting up their OC benchmarks on my FB feed it's kinda funny imo.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #3830
I am Hook'd on RS

Hey guys,

Just wanting to make sure before I head over to HK,

I can use my iPhone 4, but I should make sure I turn off Data Roaming + 3G. Correct?

Also, will I be able to charge my iPhone in HK with the adapter that came with my phone?

Thanks! =)
6o4_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #3831
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,444 Times in 5,695 Posts
Android could come out with 8-core processors, i still aint buying one.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #3832
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
new iphone user here, noob question

where to get the screen protector and case locally (bby area). Crystal or metro ??

i saw a booth near the macdonlad in metro offer Invisible shield.. is it good and worth the price ?
invisibleshield or ghost armor, but at metro, theyre all in kiosks,
i think ghost armor is 25 bux for full front , sides, and back and ten bux for installation, coz thats what i paid for in the states

i suggest either IS or Ghost armor, i hv ghost armor and i dont even use a case now, it has shock protection, and full scratch proof
and both IS and GA are life time warranty so if u get bubbles u take it back to the kiosk and they give u a brand new screen protector, side protector or back protector,
cliffhanger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #3833
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
I have a dual core android phone along with my ip4. I can tell you dual core doesn't mean shit when 1. The os isn't optimize for it 2. Most of the software isn't optimize for it 3. For whatever reason the dual core phone lags 10 time more than the single core ip4, I belive this is still a software issue
Posted via RS Mobile
lol ya u def have a point. guess i shouldve worded it as "dual core IOS devices (ipad) are out, and we're still stuck with single core IOS phones for another 4 months, maybe more.."
Old 03-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #3834
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
So as u know I got the phone recently and runnin 4.3
I've set All push message and notification on for all my mail and app, fb,Canucks app....etc as ON
But I'm not receiving any sound or vibrate to notify me. Is there a fix ?
As for email, It doesn't update unless I click into my mailbox

I search around and seems like ablot of people having same problem too
Posted via RS Mobile
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #3835
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,204 Times in 2,282 Posts
Did Jim Balsille spill the beans for BBM on iOS?

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/03/29/bl...le-april-26th/

i will be honest...i dont want it on anything but a berry. Whatsapp is good enuff
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #3836

^ I hope it's true. I want bbm since all the blackberry lovers keep raving about it and using it as their argument over why bb is better than iPhone.

Not all iPhone users use whatsapp. That's the problem with the iPhone. There's too many IM apps out there. Since everyone is aware of bbm, this may finally unify all the iPhone users into one app.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-29-2011, 11:45 PM   #3837
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,204 Times in 2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
^ I hope it's true. I want bbm since all the blackberry lovers keep raving about it and using it as their argument over why bb is better than iPhone.

Not all iPhone users use whatsapp. That's the problem with the iPhone. There's too many IM apps out there. Since everyone is aware of bbm, this may finally unify all the iPhone users into one app.
Posted via RS Mobile
BBM is easy..thats about it. people who buy berries just for BBM need to look at the complete picture of things.

My berry is for work. hence its hooked up to an enterprise server. ONLY THEN does the berry does the trick
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:29 AM   #3838
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Any news on unlock for 4.2.1?
My RS Buy/Sell Feedback
CRiXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:54 AM   #3839
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
That's true. I was speaking for those who are waiting for the iphone 5? :P
Those people are idiots.

Seriously, how many people do you come across that say "I'd buy an iPhone 4 but the iPhone 5 is almost out."

Just stupid.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2011, 01:01 AM   #3840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Those people are idiots.

Seriously, how many people do you come across that say "I'd buy an iPhone 4 but the iPhone 5 is almost out."

Just stupid.
Why is that stupid? I even tell people to wait until the iphone 5 because it comes out every june/july and seeing as it's almost April, why not wait 3 months?

Of course there are rumors of the iPhone5 being delayed, possibly to 2012 (which would be the first time apple strayed away from it's summer releases) and if that's the case then yes, it would make sense to get the iPhone 4 now.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 03-30-2011, 02:02 AM   #3841
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Why is that stupid? I even tell people to wait until the iphone 5 because it comes out every june/july and seeing as it's almost April, why not wait 3 months?

Of course there are rumors of the iPhone5 being delayed, possibly to 2012 (which would be the first time apple strayed away from it's summer releases) and if that's the case then yes, it would make sense to get the iPhone 4 now.
First of all Apple never made an official release on iPhone 5, its just bunch of rumours. IF iOS 5 will ever be debuted at the WWDC in early June, there is still no reason to assume that iOS 5 and the iPhone 5 will debut together. While it’s happened to line up that way with past iOS and iPhone generations,the OS IS also used for IPAD AND ITOUCH, it does not specify iPhone. iPHone 5 cud simply be debuted running iOS 4.5 or 4.6 or w/e instead of iOS 5 and it still would not deteriorate hardware sales...... we just can't know coz apple never made any official release date announcement.
its just the fact that ppl who say "oh im gna wait for iphone XX" never actually get it, they just say that. How many people hv you come across saying they will the get 4 when it was just 3gs, and right now 4 is out but they still havent gotten it , claiming they will get the 5?
cliffhanger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2011, 02:14 AM   #3842

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post
First of all Apple never made an official release on iPhone 5, its just bunch of rumours. IF iOS 5 will ever be debuted at the WWDC in early June, there is still no reason to assume that iOS 5 and the iPhone 5 will debut together. While it’s happened to line up that way with past iOS and iPhone generations,the OS IS also used for IPAD AND ITOUCH, it does not specify iPhone. iPHone 5 cud simply be debuted running iOS 4.5 or 4.6 or w/e instead of iOS 5 and it still would not deteriorate hardware sales...... we just can't know coz apple never made any official release date announcement.
its just the fact that ppl who say "oh im gna wait for iphone XX" never actually get it, they just say that. How many people hv you come across saying they will the get 4 when it was just 3gs, and right now 4 is out but they still havent gotten it , claiming they will get the 5?
I know they never announced the official release of the iPhone 5 but prior to yesterday's news, every iPhone has come out in the summer and there's no reason not to assume the iPhone 5 would follow suit.

If it was early in the year and people said they would wait then I agree. That's dumb.

But since it's already so late I can't see why people wouldn't wait just a bit longer.

And I do know people wanting to get an iPhone for real and I told them it's best to wait. Of course now I'm not so sure.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-30-2011, 02:48 AM   #3843
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I'm not talking about the people who are looking for a phone NOW. I mean people who passed up on the iPhone 4 when it was still new, saying "Oh, I'll just get the next one."
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #3844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'm not talking about the people who are looking for a phone NOW. I mean people who passed up on the iPhone 4 when it was still new, saying "Oh, I'll just get the next one."
I was never talking bout those ppl.

Now let's hold hands and make up.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #3845

Apple is not going to release a new product within a year.. technology releases dont work like that, ill bet anyone that it doesnt come out in 3 months..

Waiting for the "next" technology is retarded, thats like people who wait for a new TV

if you actually stick by the principles of "waiting" you'll never own anything because by the time you buy anything its already old regardless of what is available
Old 03-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #3846
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Apple is not going to release a new product within a year..
Uh...

iPhone 3G - 2008
iPhone 3GS - 2009
iPhone 4 - 2010
iPad - 2010
iPad 2 - 2011
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #3847
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Apple is not going to release a new product within a year.. technology releases dont work like that, ill bet anyone that it doesnt come out in 3 months..

Waiting for the "next" technology is retarded, thats like people who wait for a new TV

if you actually stick by the principles of "waiting" you'll never own anything because by the time you buy anything its already old regardless of what is available
I'll bet you that a new iPhone will come out in June/July.

On another note has anyone tried Liveprofile? I see a lot of FB statuses with LP pins. It's supposed to be the "BBM" for all smart phones. It works with iphone, bb, and android.
dboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #3848

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy View Post
I'll bet you that a new iPhone will come out in June/July.

On another note has anyone tried Liveprofile? I see a lot of FB statuses with LP pins. It's supposed to be the "BBM" for all smart phones. It works with iphone, bb, and android.
Ya what the heck is up with that? I see a bunch of people on my fb too.

I gave it a try. It's still new but they have a lot of features missing. No group chat is one. It's also annoying how the keyboard goes away after every sent msg.

I'm sick of all these IM apps. Whatsapp, Kakaotalk (mostly used by koreans), textplus4, pingchat, Kik, and now Liveprofile.

This is why I hope BBM does come out for the iphone so I can just have one IM app that everyone is on.

//edit looks like it won't be coming to iPhone anytime soon:
Quote:
Turns out the story was indeed a hoax and a mean one at that; word comes from BGR, stating they reached out to a contact at RIM who had this to say: “RIM did not hold a conference in Toronto this week, and Jim Balsillie did not speak at any event in Toronto this week.” We’re not saying it isn’t coming at some point in the future, but BlackBerry Messenger is definitely not hitting the App Store on April 26th”. — well, it was a good one while it lasted, right?
http://thecellularguru.com/2011/03/3...cation-system/

Last edited by DanHibiki; 03-30-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #3849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Uh...

iPhone 3G - 2008
iPhone 3GS - 2009
iPhone 4 - 2010
iPad - 2010
iPad 2 - 2011
hmm..

i swear when i got my 3G is was over a year until 3GS came out, because i went through 2 3G's, guess not

and Danhikibi i agree, no point in getting all these stupid messaging apps because so many people dont use them, and all my buddies with BBM arent gonna download it just to msg me, i'll stick to txt's
Old 03-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #3850

Are you guys annoyed with the magnify glass when trying to edit your texts on the iPhone?

Annoyed how it takes forever to carefully move the cursor to the right spot only to have it get moved by accident when you take your finger off?

Wish there was a fix?

Well you're in luck!!

Add this repo to Cydia: hitoriblog.com/apt/

and search "SwipeToMoveCursor"

http://xsellize.com/topic/122151-o-s...vecursor-01-1/

Just swipe your finger across the text as fast and far as you want (not in the magnify glass mode) and it'll only move one character at a time!

I hope Apple took notes on all these amazing Cydia tweaks and implements them in iOS5

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there