REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 10-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #2126
degenerate extraordinaire

^ I thanked you because I couldn't fail ronin.

Not everybody wants to have the bluetooth speakers and whatnot installed. I'm sure you're mister coolguy talking on the phone all day long with your phone in hand, but others don't want to take the risk.
Advertisement
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:21 AM   #2127
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjai123 View Post
lol i am using it only while i am driving, cause i tend to call people while driving

and to Razor and you too ronin doesn't tethering on a laptop use like a shitload of data? lol just like loading up a picture or any kinda music ? do you guys use some kinda special browser on your laptop?
Haha, well, I have the 6GB data plan, and I only tether when I'm using my laptop at school (shitty internet at Langara). If you just surf the web like RS, then it doesn't use that much data.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:23 AM   #2128
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
I think most people only use bluetooth when they're driving.
Bluetooth in general is mostly for headsets.

Then there's the niche market of remotes, keyboards, etc.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:34 AM   #2129
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Finally got my Griffin Motif case in the mail today.. but pretty pissing how the top part of the case doesn't line up perfectly with the phone and so it's "raised" a bit. Anyone else with this case have this issue? Wondering if I can exchange it for another one at the Apple store, even though I got mine through the Case Program.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:41 AM   #2130
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
^ I thanked you because I couldn't fail ronin.

Not everybody wants to have the bluetooth speakers and whatnot installed. I'm sure you're mister coolguy talking on the phone all day long with your phone in hand, but others don't want to take the risk.
Risk? What risk? People have been driving while talking on cell phones since cell phones were invented. Only idiots have trouble doing it. Most people could probably juggle while driving let alone talking on a phone. Might as well ban people from having passengers. You're obviously going to talk to your passengers. Let's make that illegal so people have to ride around in awkward silence.

Some laws are too stupid to follow. I consider it civil disobedience. I'm like Gandhi. Yeah, that's right...Gandhi.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:35 AM   #2131
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Risk? What risk? People have been driving while talking on cell phones since cell phones were invented. Only idiots have trouble doing it. Most people could probably juggle while driving let alone talking on a phone. Might as well ban people from having passengers. You're obviously going to talk to your passengers. Let's make that illegal so people have to ride around in awkward silence.

Some laws are too stupid to follow. I consider it civil disobedience. I'm like Gandhi. Yeah, that's right...Gandhi.
I think he refers to the risk of getting caught by the police.

I don't like people who walk around outside with bluetooth headsets either but there was plentlyyyyyyyy of times that I find using a bluetooth very handy.

Driving is one. I can drive and talk at the same time no problem but it just feels more comfortable not having to hold the phone while doing it.

And yes. Talking on the phone IS a safety issue no matter how much you think it isn't. There are a lot of bad drivers out there who get distracted very easily and if there's a law that can reduce the chances of these bad drivers killing me, I'm all for it. I know my friend falls into that category. Guy almost crashes from texting and shit.

Another time I like using it is at home especially in situation where a wired headset gets in the way. Cooking, playing games, installing things, having sex, changing, walking around, etc. You never have to worry bout getting caught up with the wire or knocking the phone down.

That said, fail on apple for fucking up yet again. I shoulda waited for the iphone 5.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:39 AM   #2132
...in the world.

I'll agree with you there...that talking on the phone is a safety issue for bad drivers. However, those are people that shouldn't be driving whether they are talking on the phone or not. They're ruining it for the rest of us because I don't know about you but I can easily text, play Scrabble, have sex or whatever while driving. Driving is easy and boring. There needs to be things to do while doing it.

You don't know how many idiots (mostly Asians...no racial) that have told me they aren't buying the iPhone 4 because, and I quote, "...the iPhone 5 will be out soon."
Old 10-22-2010, 03:06 AM   #2133
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Ya that applies to almost EVERYTHING in life not just driving. Unfortunately to make such a screening process would be much too lengthy and costly and even then still wouldn't be able to determine the best results.

And that reminds me of my uncle when I was little. He would always tell me to wait until next month to buy a computer 'cause it'll be cheaper...

And I've never talked on my bluetooth while having sex. That is too awesomely badass for me.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #2134
Banned (BBM)

they shouldnt just ban cell phones

they should ban eating, drinking, make up, doing your hair, changing your clothes, and remove any annoying noisey passengers.

Pff try driving a manual while eating a double big mac meal, now thats more challenging than talking on cell phone.

Pathetic

Ban texting, that i can agree. Fuck i can drive with one hand, or no hands by driving with my knee. How the hell does holding cell phone with one hand gonna make me crash. I can hold my dick while driving if i wanted to.

oh well, ppl cant drive worth shit are gonna crash one way or the other.
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:22 AM   #2135
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
Everyone says they can drive and do other shit at the same time. I don't care how 'good' of a driver someone thinks they may be, a distraction is a distraction.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #2136
Banned (BBM)

i wont brag how good im, but at least its been 10 years and zero accident
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #2137

doesn't quite matter how talented you are, but getting caught IS getting caught. I know you can make the same argument for speeding, but I've been told people were pulled over for changing songs on their iphones/ipods while at a red.

You could keep doing what you're doing, and I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

ps. eating while driving manual is easy
pps. texting while driving is even easier.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #2138
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

lol holy fuck i gotta love this topic we change from iphone down to BLUETOOTH and other aspect as well! LOL +1 for everyone!
ninjai123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #2139
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Get back on topic?
Posted via RS Mobile
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #2140
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Last week my dad - a 55 yo korean fobby dad (yes the kind of ones that annoy you at the golf course) - saw my iPhone he was like cool I want one!

So I ordered him the phone through Telus as his contract was up anyway... and it came in the mail today.. Man I have never seen the old man so confused before in his life LOL!!!

On his old phone he doesn't even use the contact list rofl
tegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #2141

My dad uses the old iPhone and aside from the basic phone function the only other thing he uses is YouTube. He can be on it all day

Don't know what happened but the native yt app doesn't work anymore. When I got my iPhone 4 the first question he asked was whether or not YouTube works
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #2142
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
i wont brag how good im, but at least its been 10 years and zero accident
Same here. Never caused an accident. Only accidents I've been in have been because someone else fucked up rear ending me (no homo ) or something.

I've seen a fat chick driving down the highway eating ice cream before. No, not a cone...out of one of those cardboard boxes...with a spoon...using her legs...no, her leg fat to drive.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #2143
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegz View Post
Last week my dad - a 55 yo korean fobby dad (yes the kind of ones that annoy you at the golf course) - saw my iPhone he was like cool I want one!

So I ordered him the phone through Telus as his contract was up anyway... and it came in the mail today.. Man I have never seen the old man so confused before in his life LOL!!!

On his old phone he doesn't even use the contact list rofl
I gave my dad my iPhone 3G and he loves it. Plays games on it all day.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #2144
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Go start a cell phone safety thread. I want to talk more about how awesome pr0n looks on my iPhone 4
Old 10-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #2145
Fanboy

Anyone have some decent text message tones?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #2146
ddr
Snapping away

noob stuff here:

where can i get a micro-sim adapter locally?

can the iphone4 be used w/o a sim card? i.e. just apps, cameras

it's technically a gift for my gf but it's locked to fido so mind as well let her play with it
Old 10-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #2147
easy e

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonone View Post
noob stuff here:

where can i get a micro-sim adapter locally?

can the iphone4 be used w/o a sim card? i.e. just apps, cameras

it's technically a gift for my gf but it's locked to fido so mind as well let her play with it
Not sure about the micro-sim adapter locally, but they're all over the internet. I ordered a few but haven't gotten them in yet.

Yes, the iP4 can be used for just camera and apps without a sim card. Just like an iPod touch!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #2148
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post
Go start a cell phone safety thread. I want to talk more about how awesome pr0n looks on my iPhone 4
HAH does that application work?!?!
ninjai123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #2149
Fanboy

What software should I use to transfer my iPod classic songs to my phone?
Old 10-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #2150
ddr
Snapping away

btw jpcellular sells the microsim->sim adapters for $9. i needed one right away.

DX sells these for $1-3 if ur willing to wait

what's a good upright dock just for charging? was just look on DX ...

apparently you have to take off the case for the apple one that's made for the IP4, otherwise you have to get the universal one which is $55+