REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Blender Bottle (https://www.revscene.net/forums/617253-blender-bottle.html)

SkinnyPupp 06-11-2010 09:43 PM

Blender Bottle

OK we all drink protein shakes. And I'm sure you've all had the same problems as me with your shaker bottles:

-the cap leaks eventually
-the lid doesn't seal fully, so leaks
-the lid breaks or falls apart
-certain brands don't mix as well, so can be lumpy
-you can't mix anything that isn't a pure liquid

I decided to give the blender bottle a try, for about $6 on bb.com. These things are fucking AWESOME!

First of all, the lid and cap are high quality, so they don't leak. And the cap is sturdy so it shouldn't break as easily. So all that is taken care of.

Secondly it comes with this little mini-whisk ball thingy that helps blend drinks. Most good protein powders mix fine, but I used to have issues with certain blends, like Syntha-6. Casein can be a bitch too. They would always have lumps no matter what. But now with this whisk thingy, they mix perfectly.

And best of all, I can mix other ingredients into shakes, without needing a blender. A favourite of mine is to take 4 or 5 spoons of unsweetened yogurt, 400 ml of water, and a scoop of tropical punch whey from ON. That is delicious!

Another good one is 100 ml of pure coconut milk, and a scoop of vanilla syntha-6 :)

Just a heads up if you have been frustrated (or even a little annoyed) and mixing shakes, this thing will make your life just a little bit better :thumbsup:

RRxtar 06-11-2010 10:00 PM

i think they have them at london drugs too

hal0g0dv2 06-11-2010 10:18 PM

w0w i need to get one
mine is brutal, shaking it one day all over my 52 lcd tv

hotong 06-11-2010 10:25 PM

gonna order one thanks!

nns 06-11-2010 10:31 PM

FYI, don't buy shaker bottles from Reflex. They're essentially the same as a regular blender bottle, except for the following:
-crappy build quality
-their Reflex logo will get on your skin by simply holding the bottle in your hand
-the proportions are slightly off from a real blender bottle; i.e. no swapping tops and bottoms from "real" blender bottles
-the numbers on the side are harder to see, probably because the bottle itself is cloudier to see through

StealthFighter 06-12-2010 01:28 AM

i've been using the blender bottle for over a year now. hasn't leaked on me and no clumps. easy to clean.

i got mine from popeye's though. it was under 10 bucks.

SkinnyPupp 06-12-2010 01:29 AM

I'm going to buy an extra one just for coconut milk.. No longer have to worry about it separating :D

DC5-S 06-12-2010 07:43 AM

I mix my shakes in a magic bullet then put them in a shaker bottle i got from popeyes (which doesnt leak) but someone told me its bad because it destroys the protein molecules, do you think this is true?

hchang 06-12-2010 07:52 AM

I've had my Blender Bottle for about a year now, and it has still not leaked on me yet.

I've seen them for sale at London Drugs, Popeyes, and places like GNC obviously.

There's a store in Empire Square (Where Hons used to be) that sells Vitamins and some Sports Nutrition, I got my Blender Bottle there for $4. Worth checking out ;)

hal0g0dv2 06-12-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 6988680)
I've had my Blender Bottle for about a year now, and it has still not leaked on me yet.

I've seen them for sale at London Drugs, Popeyes, and places like GNC obviously.

There's a store in Empire Square (Where Hons used to be) that sells Vitamins and some Sports Nutrition, I got my Blender Bottle there for $4. Worth checking out ;)

O nice thanks, yeah the cup ones don't cut it they seem to keep getting shitty
Posted via RS Mobile

RRxtar 06-12-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 6988672)
I mix my shakes in a magic bullet then put them in a shaker bottle i got from popeyes (which doesnt leak) but someone told me its bad because it destroys the protein molecules, do you think this is true?

some people would make the same arguement that cooking your steak destroys the protein too

hchang 06-12-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 6988741)
O nice thanks, yeah the cup ones don't cut it they seem to keep getting shitty
Posted via RS Mobile

Just to clarify, I think my post was confusing, sorry.

It's in Empire Square, in the mall, not where Hons used to be, but the square in where Hons used to be.

Oh, and be careful parking there, I've almost been hit by two seperate C-Lais backing out in one visit.

hal0g0dv2 06-12-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 6988767)
Just to clarify, I think my post was confusing, sorry.

It's in Empire Square, in the mall, not where Hons used to be, but the square in where Hons used to be.

Oh, and be careful parking there, I've almost been hit by two seperate C-Lais backing out in one visit.

o yeah that is brutal and tons of ppl go in the wrong way and make a wall haha

Wilso09 06-12-2010 02:32 PM

The blender bottle w/ the whisk ball is awsome! Had mine for well over half a year and it's going stong!

Ranterok 06-12-2010 03:01 PM

london drugs do have them for 8.99 and they come in lots of colours so you dont mix up with everyones red one at the gym

BinsentoW 06-12-2010 03:51 PM

Ive had mine for quite a while too and its really good. That whisk is awesome

hotong 06-12-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 6988771)
o yeah that is brutal and tons of ppl go in the wrong way and make a wall haha

:werd: c-lais ftl

JSilver 06-12-2010 04:01 PM

Yeah these bottles are awesome, had mine for some time now.

Highly suggest to purchase it.

fishing666 06-12-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6988258)
OK we all drink protein shakes. And I'm sure you've all had the same problems as me with your shaker bottles:

-the cap leaks eventually
-the lid doesn't seal fully, so leaks
-the lid breaks or falls apart
-certain brands don't mix as well, so can be lumpy
-you can't mix anything that isn't a pure liquid

I decided to give the blender bottle a try, for about $6 on bb.com. These things are fucking AWESOME!

First of all, the lid and cap are high quality, so they don't leak. And the cap is sturdy so it shouldn't break as easily. So all that is taken care of.

Secondly it comes with this little mini-whisk ball thingy that helps blend drinks. Most good protein powders mix fine, but I used to have issues with certain blends, like Syntha-6. Casein can be a bitch too. They would always have lumps no matter what. But now with this whisk thingy, they mix perfectly.

And best of all, I can mix other ingredients into shakes, without needing a blender. A favourite of mine is to take 4 or 5 spoons of unsweetened yogurt, 400 ml of water, and a scoop of tropical punch whey from ON. That is delicious!

Another good one is 100 ml of pure coconut milk, and a scoop of vanilla syntha-6 :)

Just a heads up if you have been frustrated (or even a little annoyed) and mixing shakes, this thing will make your life just a little bit better :thumbsup:

somebody needs to fail this guy

hal0g0dv2 06-12-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishing666 (Post 6989227)
somebody needs to fail this guy

why ?

fishing666 06-12-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 6989238)
why ?

he's spamming advertisements trying to sell us 6$ bottles

hal0g0dv2 06-12-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishing666 (Post 6989283)
he's spamming advertisements trying to sell us 6$ bottles

please shut the fuck up

SkinnyPupp 06-12-2010 08:27 PM

Yeah I gain so much when you buy this bottle from some random store, you dumb fuck.

hotong 06-12-2010 08:39 PM

lol fucking troll

hal0g0dv2 06-12-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6989323)
Yeah I gain so much when you buy this bottle from some random store, you dumb fuck.

Ohh right u own body building .com and need sales on a 4 doller. Item
Posted via RS Mobile