REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 06-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Titaninum exhaust tip

So i just pick up a new set of catback, I want to maintain it right from day one so it will look pristine.The catback comes with a Ti exhaust tip that has the ricer burnt look to the tip. What can i use when i wash the car to keep the tip's color looking like new, what product to use to wash it and what kind of sealant should I use?

Also do any of you guys do any kind of anti rusting work on the oem set that comes off when you put in aftermarket ones? Not looking to return to stock anytime soon but just in case in the future I do want to I don't want to end up with a rusted up set. I will be putting the oem exhaust in a damp environment because I have no where to put it... Is there any product I come use to prevent it from rusting up?
Advertisement
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
you can try metal sealant on the tip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

it will be hard because that part gets really hot. so im thinking whatever we put there will eventually melt quickly.

i occasionally clean/wax mine with metal polisher.

im pretty much in the same boat so if anyone knows of a way, please enlighten us.
josel_atr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
Banned (BBM)

time to polish mine
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

I keep my stainless steel tips clean with: http://www.autowerkesexclusive.com/p...oap/index.html

Great stuff, you just need a very little amount. No messy steel wool or greasy pastes. It foams up and you just use the included sponge. Rinse off and you're done. I don't seal it with anything atm, but when you finish cleaning with the p21s soap, the water beads like crazy off it.

EDIT: it can be used for Ti, but you cannot use it on clear coated, painted, or anodized surfaces.

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
How I Mod your mother

^Damn I need to look into that
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

when i had my old car with a SS can, just keeping it washed when washing the car seems to keep it shining all the time...every few months or so, i'd break out a SS pad and quickly polish her up with a metal polish...15mins of work...
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote