REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #27851
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,282 Times in 2,445 Posts
And just the general premise of the AvP image is cheesy as hell...
Advertisement
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 04-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #27852
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Hey guys... I want to buy a Burrows jersey... anyone know from experience where is a good place to buy it from, either locally or online? I want the cheapest but authentic replica jersey...
Sportchek richmond still has a few burrows canucks 3rd jerseys left. $219.99
As of last night at 10pm, we had 2 medium, 5 large, and approx 7 XL left.

Not sure if its the cheapest...but we at least have some
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #27853
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Hey guys... I want to buy a Burrows jersey... anyone know from experience where is a good place to buy it from, either locally or online? I want the cheapest but authentic replica jersey...
Rocky Mountain Sport on eBay.

My Kesler came to $190 including tax, and shipping. Arrived in a day.
I think that might be the cheapest, Jersey City is like $209.99 not including tax.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_1777wt_905
Old 04-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #27854
xxx

Don't forget if you decide to buy it at the Team Store you can get a mobile coupon for 20% off if you text "TEAM" to 5555. Only for Rogers customers so if you're not one you can probably get a friend to help you.

No idea about availability of the Burrows jersey though. Especially now that he scored that OT goal there's bound to be more bandwagoner fans
Old 04-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #27855
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,050 Times in 2,083 Posts
Does anyone have that picture of Toews with the golf bag over his head? I can't seem to find it and need to bug a friend in Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #27856
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Does anyone have that picture of Toews with the golf bag over his head? I can't seem to find it and need to bug a friend in Chicago.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #27857
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Canucks game 7 win was watched by more people in B.C. than the opening ceremony of the Olympics and the Gold Medal Game.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...302/story.html
I went for a quick run during the 2nd intermission and half the 3rd period and it was like a ghost town here almost no cars or people on the streets. The only indication of people were the living room glows of a television.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #27858
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

This is appalling, what the FUCK? They need to start sending letters to Translink for having "Go Canucks Go" on their buses as well. This is shameful. I hope they get to keep the signs.

Quote:
VANCOUVER — A Vancouver auto dealer has received a letter from the National Hockey League demanding that it remove the words “Go Canucks Go” from the window of the dealership.

Doug Lum, general manager of the Destination Auto Group, said he received the letter by both courier and email Thursday from the NHL's legal department.

The letter refers to a large sign on the window of the company's Kingsway Honda dealership at the corner of 12th Avenue and Kingsway.

That sign reads: “Go Canucks Go!!,” with the words “Honk if you're a fan” underneath. There is also a small Canucks logo on the window.

"They have given me until the fourth of May to take it down," Lum said today. "I am going to alter the sign, not take it down. I am going to make it so that it's legal in their mind, maybe remove a couple of letters and I'll take the logo down for sure. And I think I'll maybe take a photocopy of this letter and put it on the window so people can actually read it."

That letter, signed by Kelley A. Lynch, associate counsel, business and legal affairs for the NHL, suggests the phrase Go Canucks Go and use of the Canuck logo "infringes the trademark rights of the Vancouver Canucks because consumers are likely to be misled that the Vancouver Canucks have an official relationship with the dealership."

Lum disputes the NHL's claim that he is trying to promote his own business through the Canucks.

"The sign says 'Go Canucks Go, Honk if you're a fan,' ” Lum said. "We are just trying to get into the spirit of things. It's a high-profile corner, we did the same thing during the Olympics with the words 'Go Canada Go, Paint the Town Red' kind of thing. Everybody has Canuck fever and we just wanted to be a part of it and show support."

Lum thinks his business may have been targeted because of a relationship it has formed with the "Green Men," two young Canuck fans who frequently sit near the penalty box at Rogers Arena wearing green body suits. The Green Men appeared at three Destination Auto Group dealerships last Saturday to help raise money for the Japan Earthquake/Tsunami relief effort through the Canadian Red Cross. More than $2,500 was raised that day.

A logo of the Green Men that bears a similarity to the original Canuck logo is prominently displayed on the Kingsway Honda website.

A Canucks spokesman said the team would have a response to the issue later today.

Lum said he can't understand why the Canucks and the NHL would try and prevent businesses from getting into the spirit of the Canucks' playoff run.

"Why would anyone want to stop it? I mean their slogan is We Are All Canucks … We are All Canucks, but you can't support us is what basically they are telling me."

Lum also wonders if his company's longtime sponsorship of Dan Russell's SportsTalk program on CKNW has anything to do with the letter. Russell, who has crossed swords with the Canucks organization in the past, broke the story on his show Thursday night and received a number of calls from listeners who were highly critical of the actions by the Canucks and NHL.

Lum noted the Destination Auto Group also does a significant amount of advertising on the Team 1040, which has the radio rights to Canucks' games.

He wonders why his dealership is being singled out because numerous other businesses have similar signs up saying Go Canucks Go.

On Friday, the Predator Ridge Golf Resort in Vernon announced it was temporarily changing the its name to Canucks Ridge. Its entire staff has been issued Canucks jerseys to wear as their new uniforms and the Canucks logo has been cut into the 18th fairway of the resort's two courses.

"It's everywhere," Lum said. "My kids work at various restaurant establishments and are told to wear Canuck gear when they go serve. At my wife's work, every game day everyone wears a Canucks jersey … The whole idea is we're trying to show support for the local team."

The Destination Auto Group includes three other dealerships: Destination Toyota in Burnaby, Destination Hyundai in Vancouver and Destination Chrysler in North Vancouver.

"At our Toyota dealership we have a banner that says Go Canucks Go, Honk if you're a fan," Lum said. "I am just waiting for that letter."

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/t...#ixzz1KwbWQteX
Old 04-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #27859
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,338 Times in 1,660 Posts
this is just going to add to the conspiracy theories
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #27860
MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post

Anyone see any Preds fans at the game? As I was leaving the arena and walking up Georgia, I didn't see one.
ya, there was one on level 300. Brunette wearing a fisher jersey, while bf was wearing a nucks jersey.

she was kinda hawt, so no body boooed her on the concourse haha

Quote:

Old 04-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #27861
MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
i been to the game for quite a few times but im wondering if its free to bring in a kid and just sit on your lap ?
only till a certain age. otherwise they have to buy a ticket

Quote:

Old 04-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #27862
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmeister View Post
This is appalling, what the FUCK? They need to start sending letters to Translink for having "Go Canucks Go" on their buses as well. This is shameful. I hope they get to keep the signs.
Chevy dealers have exclusive rights with canucks/NHL. There's big money involved with this stuff so I'm not surprised. I think Chevy amde a big fuss about it and thats why Canucks/NHL want Honda to take it down.

Transit is ok becuase you can't buy transit.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #27863
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,338 Times in 1,660 Posts
we should make a game of this, see who can get a letter from the NHL first
Spoiler!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #27864
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,597 Times in 4,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
ya, there was one on level 300. Brunette wearing a fisher jersey, while bf was wearing a nucks jersey.

she was kinda hawt, so no body boooed her on the concourse haha
Man, if i saw them, the first thing I would've yelled " SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY!!! "

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #27865
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
Chevy dealers have exclusive rights with canucks/NHL. There's big money involved with this stuff so I'm not surprised. I think Chevy amde a big fuss about it and thats why Canucks/NHL want Honda to take it down.

Transit is ok becuase you can't buy transit.
That action is totally contrary to "This is what we live for" and "We are all Canucks" because if your company isn't "the official _______ of the NHL/Vancouver Canucks" then you can't show your support. At least that's my take on it for businesses.

Ps. I miss those MasterCard hockey commercials.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #27866
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmeister View Post
Ps. I miss those MasterCard hockey commercials.
This is the best one :

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #27867
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts

Seems like theres a new one for the nucks every other game
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 04-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #27868
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,204 Times in 2,282 Posts
Bobby Orr is so awesome
Met him once
Old 04-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #27869
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,006 Times in 1,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFoHQ...el_video_title

Seems like theres a new one for the nucks every other game
Are these even real?
The thing about these commercials are they are so easy to make spoofs out of them.
Don't even know which ones are official NHL ones anymore.

And what's with Luongo "diving" upon any little contact.
That save was great, but was it really necessary to flop down like that.
And he even got up the "wrong" way by rolling over with his back
facing the play. Even if he knew Fisher was the only threat and the puck was in the corner,
it's just bad habit to ever turn away from the play as a goalie.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 04-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #27870
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,204 Times in 2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Are these even real?
The thing about these commercials are they are so easy to make spoofs out of them.
Don't even know which ones are official NHL ones anymore.

And what's with Luongo "diving" upon any little contact.
That save was great, but was it really necessary to flop down like that.
And he even got up the "wrong" way by rolling over with his back
facing the play. Even if he knew Fisher was the only threat and the puck was in the corner,
it's just bad habit to ever turn away from the play as a goalie.
no thats real
NHLvideo is owned by NHL
Old 04-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #27871
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
no thats real
NHLvideo is owned by NHL
Oh, I just watched it from this thread, I didn't open YouTube to see the username.

lol, I only caught the game shortly before Canucks scored.
So I didn't see this and I didn't watch the highlights yet.

Kind of dangerous being somewhat the last guy back, or handpass. (can you handpass in neutral zone?)
he should have just taken the stick that was offered to him from the bench.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #27872
I don't get it

If you have friends that work at sportschek you could get the jerseys for $89ish. That's how much I got mine for.

Or offer a random employee $20 so you can use his/her discount card
Old 04-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #27873
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
he should have just taken the stick that was offered to him from the bench.
I think that Henrik was thinking that if he slowed down to grab at the stick, the Predator player would get control of the puck for a breakaway.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #27874
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,201 Posts
I don't think Henrik saw the stick being offered to him from the bench - he was looking down at the puck the whole time.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 04-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #27875
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I don't think Henrik saw the stick being offered to him from the bench - he was looking down at the puck the whole time.
Yeah.. didn't seem like he saw the stick.
Looks like he tried to kick it to Ehrhoff but fanned on it.
Probably a good thing he missed, cause if the pass went short...
free giveaway for the Predator player.
Closed Thread