REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #28251
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,870 Times in 1,791 Posts
I missed the OT goal last night, I literally fell asleep on my couch watching that game.
Advertisement
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Old 05-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #28252
I STILL don't get it

I guess I'm not a tool after all. Good to know there are people on this forum who knows how to play goalie.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #28253
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,531 Times in 4,915 Posts
Shit happens and it happened last night..........

Pecker Rinne is going to play like this all series. The Canucks should not have lost last night. The last few minutes are so impoartant in one goal games.

Good thing about playoff hockey is anything can happen - can't count on anything. Not looking forward to a boring game, but looking forward to seeing how the fans over there are like.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #28254
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,338 Times in 1,660 Posts
this is nashville's game plan as always. bore the shit out of your opponent, stick around, capitalize on an opportunity, hold the lead. even thru the regular season, watching games against the preds were ALL snoozers (even when we won 3-0).
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #28255
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Canucks should really watch a bunch of the anahiem games to see what they can do to solve Rinne. We are exactly like the Ducks, just with better defence
Old 05-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #28256
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Which is exactly why I thought Kes should get the C. I don't question Hank's leadership abilities in the room etc, but everything Kesler is doing right now is exactly what you expect out of your captain in the playoffs. Find that extra gear, lead by example and inspire the team to do the same.

As for the soft goal, they happen. They suck, but they happen. Lu just had to have the paddle down and he didn't. Shit happens. Overall he had an outstanding game... and right about now I'd be blaming the rest of the team for not potting another goal or two for insurance. Which brings me to my 3rd point:

Rinne... what can you say? Some of those saves were unbelievable. Sometimes goalies steal a game for the team, Rinne did that last night.

Luongo, Kes, Burr and the D need to keep playing as they are. If the Sedins continue to fail to produce, they at least need to show everyone they give a shit and really pick up the effort level. I hope AV's move last night (making Kes' line #1) gives them some incentive, which apparently they need... true leaders, however, do not.
Also, if you are going to blame a goalie for losing you the game for giving up 1 goal in regulation, or 2 goals in 44 shots, you as a team are not playing well enough to win. I am pretty sure Philly would have given anything for Lu's performance last night, lol
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #28257
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,385 Times in 3,911 Posts
whoa! i thought today was Saturday.... i was just looking @ the news and its like "predators canucks series tied!" i was like wtf???

Holy shit i totally forgot i ended up falling asleep for like the whole afternoon/evening/late night ... :

damn i didn't expect this, and double overtime wtf
Old 05-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #28258
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum300 View Post
Damn Fukn Luongo, thanks very much for losing the game for us. Next time close your Fukn legs - you're not a damn slutty whore from Surrey. The game should of been 1 - 0 Vancouver, but instead Luongo loses focus, and lets a softy in from behind the net.

Hey Bieksa, I know a very good Optometrist. Let me know if you need your eyes checked. Bieksa should of scored in the 1st OT, but instead he makes Pekka Rinne look good and shoots it at him - I could of scored on that shot with my eyes closed.

It's frustrating watching Raymond play. His line mates work so hard to win the puck in the offensive end, and Raymond coughs it up by either falling on his ass or making a feeble attempt to shoot the puck.

This could be a momentum win for the Predators. Just hope the Canucks can bounce back.
Hey Buddy, why don't you suit up and play goalie, D, and wing for the canucks.. see if you can do better.

Everyone that knows the game knows that those ugly bad angle shots are the trickiest ones. These guys are in the NHL, they will always be light years better than you.They are also playing against other players/teams in the playoffs which means they are against guys that are cream of the crop.. I am sure if Kesler scored a goal like Suter did, we would all be saying "fucking kesler knew what he was doing what a smart play!".

The reason why it is so easy for us to judge and say "they shoulda did this and that" is because we see the game at a slower speed from a third person viewpoint. the players actually make the game look easy. have you ever played even a low div beer league game? it will feel like everyone is everywhere, yet when you see it on tape people are barely moving out there. So before you go out and make idiotic judgements about professional athletes, maybe you should try the sport first. And if you do actually play hockey above a division 5 adult league, then I am very surprised at your ignorance.

So sit the fuck down, SON!
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #28259

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Sooo many morons on this board. If u have to blame Luongo cause he couldnt give the team a shutout for the team to win the game, your a complete idiot. I just love how people are sooo quick to blame someone for one mistake and believe that they know better or even worst think they can do it better themselves. But sorry guys if u dont play hockey yourselves you got no idea. I used to think "What if i played in the NHL" then i joined a rec league and quickly found it if i did, it wouldnt be Men playing against boys, it would be men playing against babies.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #28260
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Sooo many morons on this board. If u have to blame Luongo cause he couldnt give the team a shutout for the team to win the game, your a complete idiot. I just love how people are sooo quick to blame someone for one mistake and believe that they know better or even worst think they can do it better themselves. But sorry guys if u dont play hockey yourselves you got no idea. I used to think "What if i played in the NHL" then i joined a rec league and quickly found it if i did, it wouldnt be Men playing against boys, it would be men playing against babies.
I think people are upset because that was such a weak goal. A professional athlete should not make these trivial mistakes. Especially when they're considered top of their respective position as Luongo is. Especially when you're getting paid $10million. Especially when it's a playoff game.
I know it's a lot to ask of anyone in that situation, but Luongo is notorious for letting in weak shots or falling apart. Ie. last series.

Vancouver puts so much pressure on our team to do well because we know we can do well. And everyone know's there is soooooo much pressure on Luongo, but that comes with the job and he has to deal with it. It's our compassion and love for our team that makes us a great city and a deadly force to reckon with in the playoffs.

That being said, Fuck! That was a shitty way to end it. And we'll do better next time.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #28261
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
I dunno WTF you're babbling about... maybe if I always say the opposite of you, it's because you're always saying something stupid?

Guess what... I just laugh and shake my head at that goal too. I bet Lu's doing the same today. That's all anyone can do when something like that happens.

The replay they showed this morning, it looked like it MIGHT have deflected off a defender's stick first. The EIGHT OR SO replays last night, it DEFINITELY went off the backside of Lu's stick and then off his left leg or left foot.

It's not about positioning. With other players in the zone in front of the net, and the puck BEHIND the goal line, Lu has to be ready to get across in a hurry. He can't be hugging the post that tightly to cover an angle where there WON'T be a shot.

It's really easy to say he should be concentrating behind the net, but he's got over 180 degrees of defensive zone to watch and anticipate the next play, without worrying about an angle where you CAN'T shoot from - remember, THAT WAS NOT A SHOT. It was a pass that took a fluky bounce.

If he'd been tight to the post like you suggest and the pass had gone to someone in the slot who had then buried it before he could get over, then you'd be slagging him for being too deep. Just STFU until you have something intelligent to contribute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #28262
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

It's a game of mistakes!! The players are humans not friggin robots !
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #28263

Thanked 2,472 Times in 1,132 Posts
You can blame Luongo all you want, but the Canucks were lucky to be tied at the end of regulation when they were outshot 2-1.

We all know they can turn on the switch when they want to, but why did they have to wait until OT to do it?
Old 05-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #28264
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Rinne was fkin beast, so many chances for the Nucks that they could have easily won it....

Luongo let in a soft one, but if they had gotten 1 more they woulda won.... Its simple.....
Old 05-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #28265
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,006 Times in 1,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Yes, pure fluke, but goalies should always have their paddle down locked against the post during that play. Luongo didn't. That is his mistake, which ultimately cost us the game.
You're either being sarcastic or you have no idea how to play goalie.
You should never paddle down when the play is in the corner like that.

This is the way how I saw it. It was a pass thrown from the corner aiming to the slot, but deflected off Hamhuis (or ballard, i forgot) stick, barely changing the course of the path though, and went off the heel of Luongo's stick, off Luongo's left skate, and then in.

One textbook goalie position is to keep the stick tight against the right pad and post, angling the stick outwards (so the stick is pointing to the side) so any passes to the slot would automatically get blocked or deflected to the side instead.

Another position would to "VH" (one leg vertical against the post, other leg down horizontal), but that position makes you less mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
Hey Buddy, why don't you suit up and play goalie, D, and wing for the canucks.. see if you can do better.

So sit the fuck down, SON!
While I agree with your logic, I also disagree that we cannot critique unless we can do better ourselves. Otherwise, sports analysts shouldn't exist either.
and we'll never have anything to talk about when certain players aren't playing well.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 05-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #28266
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

NHL preventing The Green Men from having fun at Vancouver Canucks games.
Disgusting attempt to eliminate fan engagement with NHL products.
Some say the Nashville Predators are behind it

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...inst-green-men

Quote:
VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - A complaint has been filed with the NHL to prevent The Green Men from doing their thing at the Vancouver Canucks games. Some are saying that complaint came from the Nashville Predators.

Sully and Force are being told not to touch the glass and no more handstands.

One hockey analyst calls their act a "circus sideshow," and says "they're a pain in the neck to almost every team" that plays at Rogers Arena.

But others like Hockey Night in Canada panelist Eric Francis says The Green Men are paying fans and have a right to be there. "They have done nothing wrong. All they're doing is adding to the ambiance and the atmosphere of a game, which is what makes a game so fun... a stadium so fun."

He explains the league should look into getting a sense of humour. "Their complaint is fruitless. I mean these guys pay for their tickets. [And] they don't interfere with the play or the players. I don't see it as a problem whatsoever."

A Facebook group has been set up to save the duo.

Last week the NHL cracked down on a local car dealership Kingsway Honda for having "Go Canucks Go" signage in the window.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #28267
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

^^^ NHL's message to the patrons: buy your ticket, get your beers, sit down and STFU

can't believe they would take this complaint seriously
Old 05-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #28268
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.life View Post
NHL preventing The Green Men from having fun at Vancouver Canucks games.
Disgusting attempt to eliminate fan engagement with NHL products.
Some say the Nashville Predators are behind it

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...inst-green-men
NHL can go fck themselves. What's next? Home crowd can't cheer and boo the opponents and mock their goalies?
Old 05-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #28269
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,595 Times in 4,307 Posts
I have a buddy who knows one of the green men and they are pretty pissed off right now. The tickets is the guy's dad's so that's why they are always sitting in the same spot
Old 05-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #28270
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,597 Times in 4,323 Posts
They should send letters to everyone who sits in the front row then. Everybody bangs on the glass.

No handstands....maaaaybe but signs and props are totally fair game.

Getting the fans OUT of the game...way to promote the game NHL. GOOD JOB!!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 05-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #28271
Corny FTW!! MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Pecker Rinne is going to play like this all series. The Canucks should not have lost last night. The last few minutes are so impoartant in one goal games.
The Canucks didn't really deserve the win last night. I think they're better off learning now rather than later; they need a full 60 minute effort in the play offs. The match ups will get tougher as they progress through the rounds.

Perhaps they'll learn they at least need to match the intensity and work effort of the other team to win. Especially, against a team like the preds.

Sponsored by:
Soundsgood

For all your car audio needs!
#3-910 Tupper Avenue
Coquitlam, BC V3K 1A5
Shop: 604-961-8626
www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00 to 6:00
Old 05-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #28272
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,385 Times in 3,911 Posts
Lol complaint about the green guys rofl

aren't they members on here? or friends with someone who is? (seem to recall during the Olympics someone mentioning it)

I wouldn't be surprised if it was some Blackhawks players maybe it was Vince Vaughn :

Lloyd Robertson and the cbc news interviewed them during the blackhawks spree and the green guys said they'll try to make it to as many games as they can but $$ is an issue

Lloyd said he thought the Canucks/Rogers Arena were sponsoring them (the way it was said it seemed more like a suggestion that they should)
Old 05-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #28273
My homepage has been set to RS

Although i am impressed by the Kesler line, i find it disgusting that our supposed second line is leading this team. Hart and Art Ross winner of last year + this current years Art Ross winner and contending Hart finalist can't muster anything? I don't want it to be this way, but they way they are playing so far they do not look like playoff players. I hope they can step it up a gear.

Even Joe Thornton is appearing in the playoffs.

BlueG2 you make some valid points, but telling someone they cannot critique another until they themselves participate is complete nonsense. Its like telling a consumer he cannot badmouth a product because he has never produced his own.

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 05-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #28274
Banned (ABWS)?

^ Yeah, I was so disgusted of their play as of late.

I think they just lack the grit, and are being manhandled everytime they have the puck.
I need to see some desperate hockey from them.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #28275
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum300 View Post
Damn Fukn Luongo, thanks very much for losing the game for us. Next time close your Fukn legs - you're not a damn slutty whore from Surrey. The game should of been 1 - 0 Vancouver, but instead Luongo loses focus, and lets a softy in from behind the net.

Hey Bieksa, I know a very good Optometrist. Let me know if you need your eyes checked. Bieksa should of scored in the 1st OT, but instead he makes Pekka Rinne look good and shoots it at him - I could of scored on that shot with my eyes closed.

It's frustrating watching Raymond play. His line mates work so hard to win the puck in the offensive end, and Raymond coughs it up by either falling on his ass or making a feeble attempt to shoot the puck.

This could be a momentum win for the Predators. Just hope the Canucks can bounce back.

That is all.
Closed Thread