REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #3026
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
^ o fuck me..

-_-
Advertisement

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 09-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #3027
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Only if the NHLPA refuses.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 09-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #3028
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hype View Post
For something to wear to the game, nothings wrong with the premiers. I've got 2 myself and the quality is just fine, and so is the fit. Don't get me wrong I know my jerseys, and know what a quality authentic is like, but for the average person, replica's will do the trick.
the authentic and rep is totallllly different. even wearing one feels different.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #3029
Banned (ABWS)

if lu's contract gets voided, any change that schneider will become the starter at a much cheaper price?
Old 09-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #3030
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunpk View Post
NHL gives Players Assn. ultimatum on Kovalchuk, Luongo, Hossa

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devil...ixzz0yKoS9N001

That is pretty crazy. All this is like foreshadowing to a long battle for the next CBA. I really hope there is not another work stoppage.

But hrmm...signing niemi and keeping bieska would be interesting haha.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:36 PM   #3031
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
I prob need to line up right when the mall opens? fuck.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #3032
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Only if the NHLPA refuses.
And if they agree, it bumps up Lu's cap hit from $5.5M to almost $7.65M. It really puts the team in more of a cap trouble funk because despite Salo and Burrs on IR, I want them back asap.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #3033
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
And if they agree, it bumps up Lu's cap hit from $5.5M to almost $7.65M. It really puts the team in more of a cap trouble funk because despite Salo and Burrs on IR, I want them back asap.
No.

It will be grandfathered.

Quote:
A well placed source reports that the league has informed the Players' Assn. that the league will grandfather the recently submitted Kovalchuk 15-year, $100M contract, Luongo's 12-year, $64M deal that is entering its second season and Hossa's 12-year, $63.3M deal that also is entering its second season into the CBA under the following conditions:

1. That the cap hit on future multi-year contracts will not count any seasons that end with the player over 40 years of age. The cap hit would be calculated on the average of the salary up through age 40 only.
2. That the cap hit on future contracts longer than five years will be calculated under a formula granting additional weight to the five years with the highest salary.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devil...#ixzz0yM0gOIh3

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #3034
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
No.

It will be grandfathered.
Oh thanks dude. I missed that tidbit. I skimmed straight through the conditions.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:53 AM   #3035
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
shit anyone going to the sedin signing? i wanna get my jersey signed but dont want to wait forever in line lol
Old 09-02-2010, 06:19 AM   #3036
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I don't really buy that article, why, because its written by Larry Brooks who is well known for pulling random bs out of his ass, he's almost as bad as Botchford when it comes to making shit up. In Brooks' article, he also says Luongo is entering the second year of his new deal, ummm Lu's new contract kicks in this season Brooks'
Old 09-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #3037
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
just as I figured, from Dreger's twitter

Quote:
DarrenDreger

NHL sources say no ultimatum was given to the NHLPA. 35 minutes ago via web
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #3038
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,279 Times in 1,634 Posts
^ hahah nice.
Spoiler!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #3039
CRS

Quote:
As the Ilya Kovalchuk contract drama continues to spin, there is a new twist, with the New York Post reporting that the NHL has issued an ultimatum to the NHLPA regarding front-end heavy contracts - specifically Kovalchuk's deal with the Devils, Roberto Luongo's with Vancouver and Marian Hossa's with Chicago.

On Wednesday, league sources told TSN that no ultimatum had been issued, but the NHL and NHLPA did agree to extend the deadline for a decision on the Kovalchuk deal until Friday at 5pm et.

While the source told TSN that there were some elements contained in the Post report that had been discussed, neither side feels any sense of pressure from the other.

The Player's Association say that they continue to negotiate with the league in an effort to deal with the issues that have plagued long-term contracts and they say that discussions are ongoing.

The Post reported that the NHL had told the NHLPA that it would grandfather the Kovalchuk, Luongo and Hossa deals under two conditions:

1. "That the cap hit on future multi-year contracts will not count any seasons that end with the player over 40 years of age. The cap hit would be calculated on the average of the salary up through age 40 only."

2. "That the cap hit on future contracts longer than five years will be calculated under a formula granting additional weight to the five years with the highest salary."

If the NHLPA does not accept these, the Post reported that the NHL would reject the Kovalchuk contract, start the process of doing the same to Luongo's deal, and open an investigtion in the Hossa deal.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=332412

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 09-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #3040
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
its 930am to 1230pm?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #3041
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
That is pretty crazy. All this is like foreshadowing to a long battle for the next CBA. I really hope there is not another work stoppage.

But hrmm...signing niemi and keeping bieska would be interesting haha.
Too bad niemi just signed with the sharks for $2M
Old 09-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #3042
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I don't know how they can legally do this. These contracts are not in violation of the current CBA. Yes, they are a loophole but there's nothing against the rules here. How on earth does the NHL have the leverage to say they'll void these contracts if the PA doesn't do this?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #3043
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
shit anyone going to the sedin signing? i wanna get my jersey signed but dont want to wait forever in line lol
What Sedin signing?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #3044
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
What Sedin signing?
http://www.gamestop.ca/NHLLAUNCH

Game launch signing
Old 09-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #3045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I don't know how they can legally do this. These contracts are not in violation of the current CBA. Yes, they are a loophole but there's nothing against the rules here. How on earth does the NHL have the leverage to say they'll void these contracts if the PA doesn't do this?
It's Gary Bettman, that's why.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #3046
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
As the Ilya Kovalchuk contract drama continues to spin, there is a new twist, with the New York Post reporting that the NHL has issued an ultimatum to the NHLPA regarding front-end heavy contracts - specifically Kovalchuk's deal with the Devils, Roberto Luongo's with Vancouver and Marian Hossa's with Chicago.

On Wednesday, league sources told TSN that no ultimatum had been issued, but the NHL and NHLPA did agree to extend the deadline for a decision on the Kovalchuk deal until Friday at 5pm et.

While the source told TSN that there were some elements contained in the Post report that had been discussed, neither side feels any sense of pressure from the other.

The Player's Association say that they continue to negotiate with the league in an effort to deal with the issues that have plagued long-term contracts and they say that discussions are ongoing.

The Post reported that the NHL had told the NHLPA that it would grandfather the Kovalchuk, Luongo and Hossa deals under two conditions:

1. "That the cap hit on future multi-year contracts will not count any seasons that end with the player over 40 years of age. The cap hit would be calculated on the average of the salary up through age 40 only."

2. "That the cap hit on future contracts longer than five years will be calculated under a formula granting additional weight to the five years with the highest salary."

If the NHLPA does not accept these, the Post reported that the NHL would reject the Kovalchuk contract, start the process of doing the same to Luongo's deal, and open an investigtion in the Hossa deal.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=332412
C'mon guys, read the articles.... Lu's contract is safe for now. The Post, and all articles derived from the Post (i.e. Botchford in today's Province) are either spewing shit about things they obviously know nothing about or are wildly misinterpreting third-party information.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #3047
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,184 Posts
Single game tickets to go on sale Friday, September 10th at 10am.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #3048
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
The article claimed the following:

Quote:
The NHL owns sweeping punitive powers against teams and players judged guilty of circumvention under Article 26 of the CBA.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #3049

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
C'mon guys, read the articles.... Lu's contract is safe for now. The Post, and all articles derived from the Post (i.e. Botchford in today's Province) are either spewing shit about things they obviously know nothing about or are wildly misinterpreting third-party information.
I don't think that was his point. I think what he meant was how this whole gong show started. None of the existing contracts are in violation of the CBA. The definition of circumvention isn't clearly defined in the CBA, so now we have this.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #3050
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
I'm sure some of us already know but Hammer is getting #2 for sure

http://canucks.nhl.tv/team/console.j...s-fb-hamhuis-v

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /