REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #3326
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,082 Posts
Until Luongo comes out and says the C was a distraction, no one can say it was. Speculate all you want, but so many fans in this city think they have it all figured out. The Team is partially responsible for brainwashing people into thinking opinion is fact.

Personally, I think giving Kes the C would bring out the best in him. His level of compete is so high I believe he'd flourish under the pressure rather than falter.

Got myself an authentic Kesler jersey the other day, fight strap and all. Made in Canada baby!
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #3327
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
I dont understand why anyone wants to see Hank with the C

what has he ever done to show hes a LEADER for the team? you can score the most points on the team all you want, but that doesnt make you a leader. look at Gretzky/Messier. Gretzky is a legend when it comes to putting points on the board, but he was always timmid and soft spoken. Moose was the leader and as so, the Captain.

do you think Hank has what it takes to fire up the team when they are down heading into the 3rd? would he yell at you to get you in line? if Kane was skating circles around everyone and making the nucks look silly would he go out there and crush him to show by example he isnt going to let someone embarrass the team? would he dig infront of the net for a dirty goal, do whatever he has to do to get a goal to spark the team?

or would he just wait for his shift to put in his 45 seconds and then go sit back on the bench until its his turn again?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #3328
Waxin’ Punks

I wouldn't be unhappy if Hank got the C. I just think Kes is a better fit from what I've seen.

Kind of like my Luongo comment, no one really knows how much of a leader Hank is because none of us have been in the dressing room with the guy. If he gets the C, he must deserve it and I'm in no position to say MG doesn't know what he's doing.

However, we've already had one Swedish captain who was great and took nothing but shit during his decline. Sure it would be funny to hear Troy from White Rock once if the Canucks didn't make it passed the 2nd round with Hank as our leader, but that's about it.

Kesler will always give it his all to win until the day he hangs em up, and that's what the fans want to see out of their Captain.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by punkwax; 09-11-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #3329
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,435 Times in 5,689 Posts
Naslund was a disgrace to our franchice during the end of his captaincy here, and i was a huge Naslund fan

imo I'd probably rather see Lu keep the C then henrik get it, sure he might be a great leader in the room etc. but there's just so much bullshit from the media/fans that comes with the captaincy

all in all, besides debating the fact of a goalie being the captain, and wether or not it is a distraction for him or not, you never really hear an argument that Lu isnt a great leader or a good captain.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #3330
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
^ do u know what ur talking about?
"Naslund was a disgrace to our franchice during the end of his captaincy here"
Old 09-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #3331
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Sorry for being out of the loop, but have the canucks announced that they were considering a captaincy change? or is this all speculation?
i realize that luongo should give it up, as most of us can agree that it's a little much for him. he needs to focus on his number one priority.
anywho, my votes for Kesler. kid's got heart, dedication, and is a leader among anything else.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #3332

Quote:
Originally Posted by chouchou View Post
Sorry for being out of the loop, but have the canucks announced that they were considering a captaincy change? or is this all speculation?
i realize that luongo should give it up, as most of us can agree that it's a little much for him. he needs to focus on his number one priority.
anywho, my votes for Kesler. kid's got heart, dedication, and is a leader among anything else.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=333145
Old 09-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #3333
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,435 Times in 5,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
^ do u know what ur talking about?
"Naslund was a disgrace to our franchice during the end of his captaincy here"
ahh yea i do know..

remember when he missed the puck on the shootout? that was the absolute lowest of lows, he should have retired before that point or moved on or something, the attitude and demeanor he had during the last 2 years as captain was disgusting and pretty much just perpetuated the Euro captain stigma, he was so down and out that it translated into his effort on the ice, and as soon as Luongo came here it pretty much became his team and Naslund sunk even lower

I for one was a huge naslund fan but to see what he became in those last years, it looked like it was killing him to come to "work" everyday.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #3334
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,254 Times in 2,365 Posts
Some players are not cut out to wear the C. They might be leaders amongst their teammates but some guys just cave under the added pressure that comes with wearing the C.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #3335

the thing that put me over the top with naslund was how we couldnt get rid of his sallary because he wanted to retire a canuck. then when his contact was up he signed with the rangers.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #3336
Banned (ABWS)

It wasnt that Naslund didn't want to come back but he never got an offer.
NYR was the first to give him an offer so he took it
Old 09-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #3337
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,590 Times in 4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSoGood View Post
It wasnt that Naslund didn't want to come back but he never got an offer.
NYR was the first to give him an offer so he took it
the whole reason why he wasn't traded was because he "SAID" he wanted to retire as a Canuck. If that was true he wouldn't of signed with the Rangers!!!
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #3338
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
did he say he would retire at the end of his contract or was he expecting a new contract so he could retire a canuck when he was ready to do so?
Old 09-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #3339
RTS
My homepage has been set to RS

If Luongo doesn't choke again this could be the year... Good to see Scheneider will be given a shot and that Luongo isn't going to get everything his way (goalie coach, games played and hopefully the C).
Old 09-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #3340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 View Post
did he say he would retire at the end of his contract or was he expecting a new contract so he could retire a canuck when he was ready to do so?
i remembered it to be that he was going to retire at the end of his contract. i remember him saying that with a year or 2 to go
Old 09-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #3341
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

he wasn't offered one at all by MG.. he wasn't apart of the plan. just like ohlund wasn't apart of the plan.

its bullshit how people will remember Naslund who was one of the greatest player to ever play for our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 View Post
Old 09-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #3342
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
ahh yea i do know..

remember when he missed the puck on the shootout? that was the absolute lowest of lows, he should have retired before that point or moved on or something, the attitude and demeanor he had during the last 2 years as captain was disgusting and pretty much just perpetuated the Euro captain stigma, he was so down and out that it translated into his effort on the ice, and as soon as Luongo came here it pretty much became his team and Naslund sunk even lower

I for one was a huge naslund fan but to see what he became in those last years, it looked like it was killing him to come to "work" everyday.
don't think that he wasn't motivated but he just didn't have the speed anymore. after that knee incident, he just wasn't the same. I think during that time, his poor play was not all his fault. the players around him weren't that much better. although i agree his shootouts were pretty disgusting
Old 09-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #3343
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Naslund was a disgrace to our franchice during the end of his captaincy here, and i was a huge Naslund fan

imo I'd probably rather see Lu keep the C then henrik get it, sure he might be a great leader in the room etc. but there's just so much bullshit from the media/fans that comes with the captaincy

all in all, besides debating the fact of a goalie being the captain, and wether or not it is a distraction for him or not, you never really hear an argument that Lu isnt a great leader or a good captain.
It didn't help that Canuck "Fans" always need a player to be the scapegoat to put the blame on when the team isn't doing well. It was a shame Naslund had to be the one chosen and that affected his play more than anything during his remaining years here in Vancouver.

Fast forward a few years later and the same fans who were throwing him under the bus are now embracing him and pretending nothing ever happened since the announcement of his jersey retirement.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #3344
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

its so easy and simple to point fingers when something goes wrong..

remember nazzy was doing good his last season when he was in NY. maybe it attributed to the cast around him.. maybe also because he didnt feel that pressure.

its a big difference walking around vancouver and being noticed by everyone as opposed to not being noticed at all in NY in in the public. its a huge load of pressure taken off his shoulders

dont forget he did alot here in vancouver in his tenure, in and out of the community. despite the last remaining years may not have been the best in terms of performance, things changed and he couldnt adapt his playing style
Old 09-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #3345

I thought naslund was good but always overhyped I still cant believe the amount of people who think hes better than bure
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #3346
Waxin’ Punks

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say Naslund was better than Bure... pretty sure I'd laugh at anyone who did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #3347
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
Yeah I've never heard that either.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #3348

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
So guys, wheres the best place to get a Henrik jersey? I have $250 to spend is my only option the reebok one?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #3349

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
So guys, wheres the best place to get a Henrik jersey? I have $250 to spend is my only option the reebok one?
As of right now only Reebok is the only NHL jersey supplier/maker. Unless you want to get the old vintage CCM ones...

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #3350
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
the whole reason why he wasn't traded was because he "SAID" he wanted to retire as a Canuck. If that was true he wouldn't of signed with the Rangers!!!
Naslund had an NTC. Even if he didn't, who would pick up is 6M cap hit? He was clearly not his former self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
I thought naslund was good but always overhyped I still cant believe the amount of people who think hes better than bure
Not better than Bure, but the We$tcoast Express was the best line in hockey for a few years. When you have that, you win division titles. He was overpaid when his game disappeared. I don't see how he was overhyped.
Closed Thread