REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #35801
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
bruins is canada's team, only the province of quebec is cheering for the canucks

the rest of canada is cheering go bruins go, especially new brunswick, new foundland, PEI and nova scoita
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #35802
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
i dont get even why Cherry said it was bad, i thought it was super entertaining for a 1-0 game, huge chances at either end, side stories, awsome
Really? I thought it was one of the more boring playoff games Canucks have had this season. I made a post about how boring it was during the 2nd intermission and a few people seemed to agree. I dunno. I'm glad we end up winning that one, cause at the pace of that game, who knows how long OT would have lasted.

I'm sorry, I feel if I were to say this game was exciting, I'm either being a homer and just excited because of the final result, or I've never seen a REAL game with REAL excitement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUUUUUUUU View Post
LUUU stole the game for us again! fuck u luongo haters!
He made some big saves for sure though. Not going to take any credit away from his shutout performance either. I'm not saying Luongo stole the game though, only because I don't think Boston outplayed us at all. And it's hard for a goalie to "steal" a game if the opponent isn't outplaying the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
bruins is canada's team, only the province of quebec is cheering for the canucks

the rest of canada is cheering go bruins go, especially new brunswick, new foundland, PEI and nova scoita
The rest of Canada can go fuck themselves. They're so jelly. Either cause their teams suck, or they simply don't have one.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 06-01-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #35803
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot1 View Post
This one right? I couldn't find a good quality one but it's still awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAw8mLmt_og
Is there a better quality version of this? That montage with Adele belting it out is just awesome.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #35804
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUUUUUUUU View Post
LUUU stole the game for us again! fuck u luongo haters!
It's hard to say anything bad about a guy that posted a shutout but Lu didn't steal that game. If the Bruins clearly outplayed the Canucks and put up 50+ shots on Lu then yes, he stole the game. Here...the Canucks and Bruins played pretty even. The Canucks might even have the edge in scoring chances so while Lu played one hell of a game, I wouldn't say he stole this for us.

There's a big difference between giving us a chance to win and outright stealing a game.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #35805
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,597 Times in 4,323 Posts
Just got home too.

I inquired as I walked to Rogers and scalpers were selling upper corners for $600ea. They said prices would be the same for Game 2.

The Team Store was a fucking zoo. All they had was Henrik and Daniel XL's with the patch. No mesh-back WCF hats either. I went to the kiosk by section 117 and got a Luongo and Kesler with the patch. $249ea. but the guy in front of me had some card that got 20% off any purchase. I gave him $10 to use it and got both jerseys for $400+tax.

I was up in 321. The crowd strarted going crazy during the opening and I've never sang O Canada so loud in my life - Donnelly is the best. Everyone was pretty cool with the few Boston fans around us. Taking pictures with them, pretending to fight, etc...

Aside from scoring chances, the crowd didn't seem hugely into it, probably cause it was scoreless and people were nervous. I was almost going to go to the can with 3minutes left but decided to just hold it til OT started....then my dark horse came through and the place just fucking erupted!!!! High fives, people hugging, jumping with excitement, chanting, etc.

The cheering went on all the way up Georgia, running through the middle of the street, high fiving random cars, honking - it was like a huge party.

Now to watch it on PVR and see what's up with Hamhuis and Burrows.

What an awesome experience.

BTW... WTB WCF mesh-back cap and 2 SCF patches if anyone orders online or has extras...PM me.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 06-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #35806
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
What an Atomosphere, I cannot wait for Saturday. Rogers Arena, and down town was ELECTRIC!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #35807
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

The game felt a lot like the Nashville series. Excellent performance by Tim Thomas though. Glad that Vancouver has a shut out to start the series - good emotional and confidence builder for Game 2.

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Old 06-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #35808
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post

The Team Store was a fucking zoo. All they had was Henrik and Daniel XL's with the patch. No mesh-back WCF hats either. I went to the kiosk by section 117 and got a Luongo and Kesler with the patch. $249ea. but the guy in front of me had some card that got 20% off any purchase. I gave him $10 to use it and got both jerseys for $400+tax.
Do they have other players in smaller sizes? Like Burrows/Hamhuis in small?

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #35809
Need to Seek Professional Help

Cribbed from HFBoards. Too good not to share, no matter what you think of the incident.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #35810
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Just got home too.

I inquired as I walked to Rogers and scalpers were selling upper corners for $600ea. They said prices would be the same for Game 2.

I was up in 321. The crowd strarted going crazy during the opening and I've never sang O Canada so loud in my life - Donnelly is the best. Everyone was pretty cool with the few Boston fans around us. Taking pictures with them, pretending to fight, etc...

Aside from scoring chances, the crowd didn't seem hugely into it, probably cause it was scoreless and people were nervous. I was almost going to go to the can with 3minutes left but decided to just hold it til OT started....then my dark horse came through and the place just fucking erupted!!!! High fives, people hugging, jumping with excitement, chanting, etc.

The cheering went on all the way up Georgia, running through the middle of the street, high fiving random cars, honking - it was like a huge party.

BTW... WTB WCF mesh-back cap and 2 SCF patches if anyone orders online or has extras...PM me.
Damn... I've got season tickets in 321. Should have come by and say hi...
Old 06-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #35811
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Just got home too.

I was in Section 321 Row 2! The chick behind me wouldn't stfu and the people in front of me kept leaning on the rail! Overall decent game, thought the Canuncks would outplay the Bruins though considering how many days they had off. I was also hoping to see Manny play, even if it was for a short amount of time.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #35812

History lesson - 5 other teams have shutout Game 1 of the SCF. All have gone on to win the Stanley Cup.

08 DET 4-0 PIT
03 NJ 3-0 ANA
01 COL 5-0 NJ
84 EDM 1-0 NYI
83 NYI 2-0 EDM

Edit - Sentinel, they only had the names I mentioned and the kiosk only had L and XL.

Wow, a lot of us in that section haha. I usually get 320, 321 or 322 depending on if they're the 1/2 season tickets I share or ones through my GF's work.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #35813
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Do they have other players in smaller sizes? Like Burrows/Hamhuis in small?
When I went into the team store at the end of the game I couldn't find any jerseys with the finals patch in a size small or medium except for Cory Schneider.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #35814
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,442 Times in 3,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post

According to the CBC 93% of the sens fans are cheering for the Canucks, it was over 80% for the Leafs and 73% for the flames.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #35815
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,204 Times in 2,282 Posts
wow seriously? my friend is going to be truly disappointed tomorrow
Old 06-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #35816
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
They still had a bunch of WCF hats yesterday.. you are all silly if you hope to get stuff DAY OF the finals debut.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #35817
Rider

Thanked 2,601 Times in 272 Posts
Sooo is Hamhuis ok ?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #35818
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
they don't have enough proof that it was actually a bite... even though you can assume he did, it is like saying you assume a goal crossed the line. he got an extra 2 for it, and that is all the punishment he will get.

if someoen stuck their stank ass gloves in my mouth, i would make sure he would be picking up his fingers off the ice...
Old 06-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #35819
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

anyone see tim thomas ghost whisperer at the end of the first period?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #35820
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
JUST GOT HOME FROM THE GAME, OMG. THE TRAFFIC

Here's a clip of the opening of the game, =D
http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-snc...acc480d0195d16
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Old 06-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #35821
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
The team winning Game 1 of the Final has gone on to win the Stanley Cup 77.5 per cent of the time. When the home team wins Game 1 they have gone on to win the Cup 86.3 per cent
Old 06-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #35822
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

just got back from the game too....fucken rowdyyyyyy
Old 06-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #35823
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Saturday is going to be nuts.

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Old 06-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #35824

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
They still had a bunch of WCF hats yesterday.. you are all silly if you hope to get stuff DAY OF the finals debut.
They had tons of the adjustable ones but I can't pull off the straight brim they have. I was looking for the mesh-backed ones the players wore. They were supposed to restock for the game but I guess it never happened. Guess I'll just stay on top of the Canuck Store's Twitter before I head downtown. I can't go on the regular cause I live too far.

RSUV #7
Old 06-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #35825
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I saw a bunch of patches at the Canucks Outlet Store on Renfrew & Hastings.