REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #51
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Picard View Post
The Imperial DARTH VADER is testing his superweapon with Earth, like he did Alderaan.

so if you see this ship/moon

find... this guy... he'll fix everything

Advertisement
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #52

Old 06-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #53
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?"

Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.
And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

Fuck 2012. I want to see the metal ending
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #54
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
didnt know lexus was so concerned about this either, there stopping the production of LFA in 2012 obvs cuz the worlds gonna end
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #55
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Bump for the "End of the World" happening on May 21. Sure, Harold Camping was wrong the first time, when he thought the day would be September 4, 1994. After making, serious, arbitrary recalculations, I'm sure he has it right this time. :P

Hide your kids. Hide your wife. Hide your husbands, because they rapturing ev'rybody out here!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #56
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
^ Time to find a super religious county in the states, hike up food prices and sell them.

profit
Old 05-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #57
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Bump for the "End of the World" happening on May 21. Sure, Harold Camping was wrong the first time, when he thought the day would be September 4, 1994. After making, serious, arbitrary recalculations, I'm sure he has it right this time. :P

Hide your kids. Hide your wife. Hide your husbands, because they rapturing ev'rybody out here!
if this ruins my long weekend, im going to be angry.
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #58
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

This post FAILED by:
Old 05-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #59

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
the world ended when the big bang occurred... we are just left over particles
EmperorIS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #60
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
HUUokay
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #61
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

world will end on February 14, 2016
KayCaz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #62
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
^well at least we can spend it with loved ones

...except some of you
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #63
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
This thread makes my head hurt and make me face palm IRL
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #64

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
In my opinion I think december 2012 is when we have to re adjust our time because the earth will be shifted to a much different degree. In the north pole they only have several hours of daylight and more night.

We can witness it now that our weather is screwed, it's May and it's constantly raining and colder than our usual May 5 - 10 years ago.

We could really be sitting in March right now. I mean, the 12 months in a year is just a system for us to keep track of time. Can anyone guarantee that in June/July, it will be blasting hot because it's "summer"? Planet earth does not cope with our 12 month system but instead we need to cope with the planet's axis, orbit, and the longitude/latitude that we current sit in.

I think 2012 is just gonna be something very different than our everday lives now, we might get less daylight, more shitty weather because we will be sitting more to the north.

I can't remember the source, but I remember reading somewhere that when the March 11th earthquake happened in Japan, the earth shifted 3 degrees to the north?

Something to ponder about. The end of the world is just an exaggeration.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #65
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Jezuz fucking hell......... Just before I get to retire with a good pension the fucking world ends. There's no fucking justice, I tells ya.

As long as everybody dies at the same time, I guess I don't give a rat's ass.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #66
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
^^^ Then you should become a Jehovah's Witness. You can have a go at becoming one of the 10,000 chosen ones (or something like that).
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #67
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
No thanks....... those guys can't give blood. Plus, I'm not into standing in front of businesses holding up some Watchtower newspaper.

Anyway, not Christian, so to hell I go. Funny thing is, as a Buddhist, we are in hell already.

I should be like my grandma. She believed in every fricken religion - covered all the bases, then some.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #68
Need to Seek Professional Help

Bring it on.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #69
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I'm not scared of anything. If I die I'm going to die and I don't personally feel I have anything to worry about.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #70
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

If you guys want to have a more serious discussion about this there is another thread in NSFW which goes into more details.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #71
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
No thanks....... those guys can't give blood. Plus, I'm not into standing in front of businesses holding up some Watchtower newspaper.

Anyway, not Christian, so to hell I go. Funny thing is, as a Buddhist, we are in hell already.

I should be like my grandma. She believed in every fricken religion - covered all the bases, then some.
Can you explain the "we are in hell already" thing? As for the believing in every religion, I don't think it works that way. At least in Christianity (Baptist background), there is a big difference between "believing" and "following". Ton's of people "believe in God", but you're not a Christian unless you follow the Christian values/beliefs.

Anyways, random hypothetical question. Let's say the rapture comes tomorrow and all the Christians you know are gone. Out of curiosity, would this personally change your outlook on life?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #72
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
Can you explain the "we are in hell already" thing?
The generally accepted bible-thumping view is: "If you don't accept Jesus as your personal saviour and route to salvation, you are going to hell. Kthxbai."

Quote:
Anyways, random hypothetical question. Let's say the rapture comes tomorrow and all the Christians you know are gone. Out of curiosity, would this personally change your outlook on life?
Bit late to change your outlook if the rapture has come, eh? Only had one shot at that...
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:38 AM   #73
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Oh, I thought the "we are in hell" had a bit more too it, like some sort of Buddhist belief.

As for the rapture has come, obviously, I don't know what happens at that point. Shedding my own belief for a moment, if that happened, I'd be seriously crapping my pants. I probably wouldn't dismiss it as some alien invasion. I'd have more suspicion in divine intervention.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:23 AM   #74
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Critical thinking is what we need, not blind faith. It's a little sad in every major newspaper in North America, we still have astrology columns.
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #75
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

You guys need to have a more open mind about UFOlogy and how it relates to every major religion in the world, and how this relates with current events and certain speculation. Nothing is definitive right now, but information are coming out about governments recorded speculation themselves.There's a certain stigma around UFOlogy or the belief that extraterrestrials having direct contact with our ancestors in modern society you are crazy. You have to understand that the information that you find will not challenge your beliefs. It will only provide you insight on how history has been perceived through the hundreds of years that it has been passed down, as well as how our ancestors view technology. You ever play a game in elementary where your teacher will tell you one thing, and you are trying to tell your classmate the same thing, and when it finally gets to the last person at the other side of the room the message is completely different? Think about it like that. But one thing is for sure though. Every religion includes a being coming down from the sky and descends upon them. This being don't come from the sea, or come from the ground, it's always coming down. This being becomes a deity through its magnificent powers. These accounts are always recorded as truth during its era, and literal and non-fictional.

For those Christians, think about this. When God comes down, in his "physical presence", is he not always appearing in a cloud of smoke, and disappearing in a cloud of smoke? He's often portrayed as a bright light, then leaving as cloud of smoke.

Quote:
Exodus16:10 And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud.

Exodus 16:10 24:18 And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.

Numbers 9:16 So it was alway: the cloud covered it by day, and the appearance of fire by night.
Ezekiel: In the Book of Ezekiel, part of the Hebrew bible, a prophet has a vision of a flying vessel accompanied by fire, smoke and a loud noise. Some ancient alien theorists have argued that the vehicle's design closely mirrors that of a modern spaceship.

The egyptians carved these out of gold:

SALAMANCA, SPAIN

This is an illustration from a book "Ume No Chiri (Dust of Apricot)" published in 1803. A foreign ship and crew witnessed at Haratonohama (Haratono Seashore) in Hitachi no Kuni (Ibaragi Prefecture), Japan this strange object. According to the explanation in the drawing, the outershell was made of iron and glass, and strange letters shown in this drawing were seen inside the ship.

K'inich Janaab' Pakal (23 March 603 – 28 August 683)[1] was ruler of the Maya polity of Palenque in the Late Classic period of pre-Columbian Mesoamerican chronology. During a long reign of some 68 years Pakal was responsible for the construction or extension of some of Palenque's most notable surviving inscriptions and monumental architecture.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...t_tomb_lid.svg (Click into it and tell me what you see?)

The Baptism of Christ
Aert De Gelder, 1710

The Madonna with saint Giovannio
Domenico Ghilandaio

Miracle of the Snow: Foundation of Santa Maria Maggiore
Masolino da Panicale, 1430

Sky People: This ancient stone figure, found at the Mayan ruins in Tikal, Guatemala, resembles a modern-day astronaut in a space helmet.

$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: