REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 07-08-2010, 02:09 AM   #26
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 8,232 Times in 3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
If you want a good Japanese place in "metro vancouver" check out isami?
Isami is very good. Been there a few times.

Place by Joyce Skytrain Station (cannot remember name) is also very good. Wild Pacific Sockeye Salmon, FTW! It's more of a fast food type of place. Small. Kura on Kingsway is good.

I agree with Senna4ever, huge size no good.

Soy sauce? I can tell the difference right away. Yamasa is my favourite - right flavour for sashimi. Kikkoman is too dark and strong. I hate it when these restaurants use Yamasa or Kikkoman dispensers and fill them with cheap generic soy sauce, or worse yet, super strong Chinese soy sauce.

BTW, guys, please don't say Jap, it's not cool. It's like saying, "What's the best Chink restaurant in Vancouver?
Advertisement

substitute the word "god" with Allah, Mohammed, Buddha, Odin, your parents, whathaveyou..........
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #27
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladenemesis View Post
Looking for a good Japanese place to eat in Metro Vancouver area. Japanese-owned is a plus. Any suggestions?
There's a couple places that I know of are actually owned by Japanese and are frequented by Japanese customers.

1) Makato in Burnaby on Rumble and Royal Oak. Small place but food is good and reasonably priced.

2)The 2nd place is in Richmond. I don't remember the name of it but it's on Cambie and 5 Road, right behind the Dairy Queen.
superzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #28
SFICC-03*

Thanked 1,525 Times in 606 Posts
^kiyo
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

pretty sure all sushi taste similar. if you eat a lot go to all you can eat sushi since its best bang for buck!
mqr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
BTW, guys, please don't say Jap, it's not cool. It's like saying, "What's the best Chink restaurant in Vancouver?
How about Kor? Is that ok to say?
People just say 'jap' cause its less characters to type. Probably not to be racist imo
mqr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #31
In RS I Trust

Thanked 16,829 Times in 3,951 Posts
I always go to Akasaka in Surrey behind the Guildford movie theaters and the food and service is always excellent but if anyone knows of any other god places let me know. I love trying out new spots.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #32
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 8,232 Times in 3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mqr03 View Post
How about Kor? Is that ok to say?
People just say 'jap' cause its less characters to type. Probably not to be racist imo
But if it is offensive, they shouldn't. Whatever......

substitute the word "god" with Allah, Mohammed, Buddha, Odin, your parents, whathaveyou..........
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote