REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 07-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
[Confidential] Puzzled... what happened?

The following is an Anonymous submission by an Anonymous Revscene member. If the member would like me to reply to any post please feel free to let me know

I met this girl through a mutual friend and all he told me about her was that she was cute and young...

not much to go by, but we started chatting it up and became closer. I just turned 30 and found out that she's 18. I don't really care about the age gap, but meh...Anyways, we started dating in beginning of June and we had sex 20 days later...was all good and stuff.
Had lil fights here and there, but shit happens. We also got closer and hung out often. Anyways, so this girl is going to Argentina for a month and she told me a week in advance that she is going to save the day before she leaves for "a special date" so we can hang out and stuff...we hang out before that, but anyways the day came and i called her and she doesn't pick up...doesn't even text me. Doesn't answer any calls period. The next day is her leaving day. Still no call or goodbye... did a breakup just happen and am I being left hanging? or am I looking to much into this?

El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
1 your dealing with a child in comparison to life skills and experience. Her not calling is her way of ending things without having to deal with hearing your sob story or bs and its her way of being able to come back and say "We never agreed I couldn't sleep with anyone while I was away"

She is going to go have fun and you gotta deal with that broski,

Berz out.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
My friend did that to one of her boyfriends before. Almost identical situation; just started dating, going really well, had a vacation planned before they met. She ended up not talking to him 3 days before she left because she was starting to like him too much, and didn't want to have him on her mind when she was on vacation so she can have no strings sex on vacation.

Not saying that is what she is doing, but it's possible.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
VLS Head Mod

i find it very rude, annoying and ignorant when you make plans with someone and then the time comes and they completely ignore you. People need to stop playing games
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

well i guess one last text msg wouldn't hurt right? make it as blunt possible, clean up your place and have everything all ready first.

"if you're down, let's fuck."

if no response, you're left disappointed with a clean house to remind you that she left you hanging. if this is the end result, realize reality for what happened, accept and move on.

no time wasted, and you're left with a clean house. win-win.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
wow.. thats more then the golden rule, Half your age plus 7... haha..

Shes toooo young for your age.. its not that the fact you dont mind, its the mentality thats makes the difference...
Old 07-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

hahaha, is that really the golden rule

30/2+7? the OP is supposed to be dating at least 22 then?

Since you haven't been dating long then maybe this was just a fling for her?

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyyxjayy View Post
What if someone sold you cocaine, but it was laundry detergent ?
danlee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
seems like she she doesnt want to be with you anymore

dont lose sleep over it theres lots more girls out there who are a bit older and a bit more experience
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

you got played son!
BlacknJean is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

If you felt a connection between you two and if it actually was real, then i dont see why she would do that. Theres always another side to the story, either she cold turkeyed you straight up or she doesnt want to carry on those feelings onto her mind causing her to only think about you during the whole vacation. Seperate the calls and the keepers before its too late.
Posted via RS Mobile
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #11
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
The following is a reply from the Anonymous member

Keep the replies coming, but the mutual friend told me that "the day before her departure date" she had to spend more time with her family which is totally understandable for me, but she could have at least called...or even texted? Mutual friend also said, that she didn't call because she knew i would be upset...what the heck! Mutual friend also said that she was going to call when she arrives, but no call has come...he also gave me her number

what now? do i just wait till she calls or just call her and end it?
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #12
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

When a woman has high interest in you she doesn't break a date. She wouldn't break a date with Brad Pitt. Put yourself in her situation, would you rather be fucking your gf or making further peace with the family before your flight?

If you're going to end it then don't bother calling that requires effort, just delete the number if you're man enough.

Plus how would that conversation even go:

you: Hey I'm calling because I want to end it
her: who is this?/sorry let's be friends/well do something after/okay bye

save yourself the pride for Christ sakes you're 30 getting mind fucked by an 18 yo.
Posted via RS Mobile
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #13
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
why don't you shoot her a email and ask her? Straight up say you like her and see what response she comes back with. She will have internet and will check. It might be easier for her as well to really tell the truth being in a email since she is younger and might not of known how to tell you in person.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #14
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post

Keep the replies coming, but the mutual friend told me that "the day before her departure date" she had to spend more time with her family which is totally understandable for me, but she could have at least called...or even texted? Mutual friend also said, that she didn't call because she knew i would be upset...what the heck! Mutual friend also said that she was going to call when she arrives, but no call has come...he also gave me her number

Don't be a needy 30 year old. You look even worse that a person over a decade junior to you has her strings around you this bad.

Just be cordial, send her a "have a safe-trip" text and leave it at that. If not for cordiality so you can leave things open when she gets back, but at least for your pride man that you're not hung up on an 18 yr old.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #15
HELP ME PLS!!!

Exactly! If she wanted to see you, she would've. Take the hint, move on.
Posted via RS Mobile
nipples is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2010, 01:23 AM   #16
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

move on, pedobear, move on
Old 07-13-2010, 05:50 AM   #17
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:

Keep the replies coming, but the mutual friend told me that "the day before her departure date" she had to spend more time with her family
how does her family think of this age gap... parents can play a huge role in relationships.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #18
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
think about the bright side...

not many 30 years old guy can get into 18 year old girl panty lol

but maybe they choice not to either
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #19
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
i find it very rude, annoying and ignorant when you make plans with someone and then the time comes and they completely ignore you. People need to stop playing games
Agree.
30-18 lol ur one of those guys
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #20
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
You're 30 dude. when i dated a 19 year old, i dumped her ass quick and told her "save your drama for your mama". She kept coming back cause she knows what i have to offer.

For all the guys out there, if you're 30, you should able to hold your own and KNOW you are the SHIT. You should have the confidence of a 30 yr old and know that you don't deal with drama.
i LAY down these laws the MOMENT i go on a date.

Nothing is worse to be like "oh, he's 30 and he's sending me these emails asking me why" do you really want to be known as the 30 yr old pedobear?

dump her aside, don't even message her when she comes back and you'll be fine.

on the other hand, great job with the 18 yr old .....but remember your age divided by 2 + 7..... you shouldn't be dating an 18 yr old.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #21
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

I call , she could have at least called or txt you, lame ass excuse, she was probably fucking some other guys.
LG Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #22
How I Mod your mother

Im gonna agree with what everyone else is saying, you're 30 dude, you shouldn't even be giving a second thought to some 18 yr old...
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #23
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Lol sounds like a pedo guy I know that's like 30 but claims to be 27 dress up as a 18 and dating a baby(1993) lol but then again if I may ask, is the mutual person the same sex as u??? If so are u sure that the mutual person is not secretly with that girl? And your just a coverup for their underground affair??? Just wondering lol xD
Posted via RS Mobile
tom827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #24
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Lol sounds like a pedo guy I know that's like 30 but claims to be 27 dress up as a 18 and dating a baby(1993) lol but then again if I may ask, is the mutual person the same sex as u??? If so are u sure that the mutual person is not secretly with that girl? And your just a coverup for their underground affair??? Just wondering lol xD
Posted via RS Mobile
tom827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #25
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Do your thing, have fun. If you meet someone else and LG isn't into you, cool, perfect. If LG is and is better than girl you're seeing, even better.

Just do your thing, man. If you're thinking this chick is marriage potential already, you've got more issues than just about this girl.
Posted via RS Mobile
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote