REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:07 AM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Why do people say RIP when some POS gets killed?

Innocent people do not get killed in targeted shootings. When family/friends say things like "he was such a good boy" it's all BS. If he was a "good boy" he wouldn't have been targeted.
Advertisement
ericthehalfbee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #27
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I guess there will be 1 less 'gangsta' hanging outside Metrotown now. Darn.

Roll That Shit, Light That Shit, Smoke That Shit!

Quote:
(told to me by the stupidest person in the world)...
'Yeah, i've been to taco time before, but i got in trouble...I had a Mexican girlfriend who wanted to go to a mexican restaurant for our anniversery, so i took her to Taco Time"
91LS-VTak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

No "gangsta" that hangs out in metro is "gangsta" enough to get shot.
Posted via RS Mobile
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

legalize drugs and you wouldn't have these killings happening. end of story!
mqr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqr03 View Post
But then you'd have a bunch of high motherfuckers killing themselves.
92 240sx - dd/project car
88 CRX - sold
98 DC2 - sold

Renting out pbm fender roller - pm for details.
satek is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-13-2010, 10:03 PM   #31
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthehalfbee View Post

Innocent people do not get killed in targeted shootings. When family/friends say things like "he was such a good boy" it's all BS. If he was a "good boy" he wouldn't have been targeted.
I second that screw these guys! . They try to live "the life" then you pay the consequences .

RIP to only the innocent who get caught in the crossfire when these dumb sh*ts start shooting .
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:38 PM   #32
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
rip, crazy stuff
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #33
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
just because a person bad choices in life he deserve to be ostracize in death???? Sure maybe him leading a certain kind of lifestyle ultimately got him killed and maybe he deserved it but doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to rest in peace. It doesn't matter when he did anymore because he is dead aint that the ultimate punishment?

For all you guys know, he made be gangster but he could also be a good brother, a good son, a good bf etc. His death affects more than himself, letting him rest in peace is also giving peace to his family.

Always puzzle me when a person of questionable character dies and there is always a group of ppl that thinks the dead should not rest in peace base on the limit knowledge they had of that person. If he personnally rape your sister and kill you mother than got shot and you get angry and wish him to rot in hell. That would make sense. Why assume the worst when you know virtually nothing?

Anyways R.I.P hope you make better choices in you next life
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #34
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,529 Times in 4,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
His death affects more than himself
Well, his lifestyle, not his death, affected more than himself.........

edit...........
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 07-14-2010 at 12:45 AM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #35
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqr03 View Post
You should read up on the history of organized crime. If you can't make money running alcohol (like during prohibition) you start dealing drugs. Can't make enough on drugs, run weapons or get into extortion. Need some cash on the side? Get into prostitution. Or maybe human trafficking.

Organized crime always finds new markets to make money in. You take away one market they'll just find something else to do. You think they're going to just give up on making easy money and find a real job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
Always puzzle me when a person of questionable character dies and there is always a group of ppl that thinks the dead should not rest in peace base on the limit knowledge they had of that person. If he personnally rape your sister and kill you mother than got shot and you get angry and wish him to rot in hell. That would make sense. Why assume the worst when you know virtually nothing?
He was targeted. Organized criminals don't just randomly pick someone to kill - he obviously did some serious shit for them to go out of their way to target him. Killing someone is a huge risk and/or expense for organized crime (killing someone yourself is risky, paying a hitman is expensive).

He might not have done anything to my family personally, but by being involved in organized crime he has caused significant harm to thousands of people. You can't say that because he never personally gave a person drugs to overdose on that he's not responsible when he's part of the overall network that made the drugs available.

Every single person in organized crime shares the responsibility for all the shit they cause as a whole.

The big problem I see is that gansters are glamourized. Lots of people in clubs think it's cool when known gangsters come and hang out with them. It's like a status symbol to be able to say you know so-and-so and hang with you-know-who.

Society needs to take the position that these people are worthless pieces of shit and should be ostracized.

Take away the "glamour" of being a gangster and the motivation for young people to join the lifestyle will be significantly reduced.
ericthehalfbee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #36
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez160 View Post
The guy is my family friends son. I didn't know he was involved with that sort of stuff (drugs/gangs) but apperantly he was known to police. He might not even be involved with it anymore since his prior convictions were back in 2000. Or maybe not as much?

We used to hang out when we were kids, like I'm talking when I was 7 and he was 10. The last time I ever talked to him I think I was 11-12 and he was 14-15? That was 17 years ago, holy crap! His parents kept in touch with my parents through these years. In fact, his parents, aunt and little sister attended my dad's funeral just last October. We heard stories that he was a bit of a "problem child" but nothing of this nature.

Whether he deserved it or not, I'll never know. May he rest in peace.
damn small world

RIP
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #37
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Quote:

Yeah, I dunno why people say RIP to someone like this but not to the thousands of others who died that day, most of whom mattered more than this guy.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #38
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
You should read up on the history of organized crime. If you can't make money running alcohol (like during prohibition) you start dealing drugs. Can't make enough on drugs, run weapons or get into extortion. Need some cash on the side? Get into prostitution. Or maybe human trafficking.

Organized crime always finds new markets to make money in. You take away one market they'll just find something else to do. You think they're going to just give up on making easy money and find a real job?

Organized crime arise because there is a demand for a certain service or things which are prohibited by law. They made their money thanks to illegality of their product or service. Things like drugs and prostitution has been there since beginning of human history. Most of the stuff organized crime deal with are conflict crime where not everybody agrees on its illegality (murder for example is a consensus crime where i'm sure 99.9% of people, even the murderers will agree it should be illegal)

Its also not exactly easy money like most people think, most noob gangster barely make minimal wage and have to work 24/7. They also have to take the risk of getting beat up, jacked and killed not only do they can't go to the police as you can see they can't even rest in peace after they are dead. The gangster lifestyle is definately overrated, it might be cool to always kick it with your homies and not have social responsiblity but the coolness wears off when you realize today could be your last day on earth.

Taking the glamour out of gangs will help but will never stop organize crime, as long as there is money to be made there will always be people willing to take the risk. Making everything legal would eliminate that but like communism it only work in theory. Crime and gangs will always exist as long as there is laws to prohibit them whether you like it or not. Whether you like it or not crime is an essential fibre of society, if there are suddenly no more gangs, no more criminal an entire industry will also dissapear. Don't really know the situation in Canada but jails are major business in the state. The organization behind them are involve everytime someone tries to legalize something, and they are try to prevent legalization/decriminalization to look out for the own interest not the interest of the society.

There are far worse people than this kid, there are people and corporation that make their living preying on others yet because they are working within the framework of laws suddenly they are better people.

I'm not justifying crime i just think that things are never strictly black & white. From the minimal information we have on the kid its impossible to tell whether he is a harcore gang boss or a wannabe that probably never commit any real crime and was just hanging out with the wrong crew or maybe he said wrong things to the wrong people. Besides who's to say if the kid didn't die he wouldn't eventually stray away from a life of crime and be a productive member of society?

not everybody is going to agree just my 2 cents from the other side of the argument

Last edited by threezero; 07-14-2010 at 02:08 PM.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2010, 11:50 PM   #39
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Great arguements made by both sides for sure.

I agree that his lifestyle choices were not the greatest and being targeted, he obviously did something to piss off the wrong people. I guess it's a bit uneasy with me because I know his FAMILY (parents, aunt, sister, etc...) and they are good people. I still can't imagine the feeling his dad must have had once he opened the front door and saw his only son lying there, bleeding to death.

My mom talked to his dad yesterday over the phone. She called to more or less offer support for their family and not to extract any info about the son and what not. Probably way too early to ask him about the details anyways.
Skittlez160 is offline   Reply With Quote