REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   left-turners (https://www.revscene.net/forums/619613-left-turners.html)

nns 07-14-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1exotic (Post 7025694)
I drive a RHD so the visibility is even worse for me.

Best thing to do is just wait for yellow if it's busy, or if you can actually see then just go when clear.

I've almosted t-boned some lady in her new mercedes her husband bought her.

How do you know her husband bought it for her? Did you guys have a coffee after then go for a photoshoot?

lol..:D

Anjew 07-15-2010 12:01 AM

there are several occasions where i got honked by the guy behind even when it was not safe.

there was even a time when i got honked even tho there were pedestrians crossing....

rawr 07-15-2010 01:01 AM

Just another small rant, but about right-turning.

You know when you're in a small road heading up to main intersection, and there's 2 lanes--one for left turns, and one for going straight/turning right. Sometimes when there's a truck or SUV on the left lane, it blocks my vision so I would not proceed to turn right.

Sometimes, these assholes behind honk like no tomorrow when clearly I'm not able to get a clear view to turn right. What if I turn blindly and a car is coming? geeeeeeeeeeeez....

Anjew 07-15-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawr (Post 7029433)
Just another small rant, but about right-turning.

You know when you're in a small road heading up to main intersection, and there's 2 lanes--one for left turns, and one for going straight/turning right. Sometimes when there's a truck or SUV on the left lane, it blocks my vision so I would not proceed to turn right.

Sometimes, these assholes behind honk like no tomorrow when clearly I'm not able to get a clear view to turn right. What if I turn blindly and a car is coming? geeeeeeeeeeeez....

semi related to your rant, i also hate it when those truck or suv's stop so far up into the pedestrian crossing causing us to inch up even further to see...

also when turning right, a cyclist stops his fucking bicycle right out into the intersection so i cant turn right...

Anjew 07-15-2010 03:21 PM

nt

EmOne 07-15-2010 09:35 PM

I drive a RHD car its even worst.
I shat bricks once when a guy blew pass a stale yellow while I was waiting to turn left.

spoonek4 07-16-2010 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawr (Post 7026053)
I don't move unless I can see that it's clear to do so.

Agreed! The people who honk at me can pass me IF they're able to.

drunkrussian 07-16-2010 08:40 AM

i totally agree. I go as far as i can to the left without being in the way. If i still can't see 100%, i wait until i can or until it's a yellow. Too many people are pressured by the cars behind them to go asap and end up crashing...seen it all too often!