REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #26
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
how the hell can you mistaken the gas pedal for the brake pedal?!
It's America we're talking about...
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #27
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
how the hell can you mistaken the gas pedal for the brake pedal?!
some idiots put one foot on the gas and the other foot on the brake... what the fuck could possibly happen????
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #28
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Toyota has provided NHTSA with 10 event data recorders, and four recorders to Canadian authorities, and all of its findings from the 2,000 on-site inspections, Toyota spokesman Mike Michels said.

So out of 2,000 cars they only provided a total of 14 event recorders?

Previously, Toyota Canada refused to allow Transport Canada access to event recorders or data. Only Toyota can access the data and no aftermarket tools exist for third party users to get the data (unlike many other manufacturers which there are tools to get access - for example, anything made by Bosch).

Does anyone find it odd that Toyota is the only source for getting information from the event recorder, and that the data provided to NHTSA and Transport Canada was from Toyota after they did their own investigation?

BTW, all the investigations I've done on runaway Toyotas turned out to be driver error as well.
ericthehalfbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #29
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
wheres the guy in the prius teaching those idiots how to drive video? that would b great right about now
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:34 PM   #30
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

In some ways, this whole fiasco was probably a good thing for Toyota. It has forced them to re-evaluate their production/quality assurance practices. They were growing too quickly and their products were beginning to show the ill effects of this rapid expansion. Hopefully they'll go back to their roots and the brand will once again become synonymous with quality & reliability.

IMO the Audi comparison is a bit much, because even after all these recalls and horror stories, Toyota is still making good cars. Audi didn't have anywhere near Toyota's reputation to begin with, so the re-calls wreaked havoc on their already shaky brand image.

However I agree that it would be good if mass media got a hold of this story... I think anyone with half a brain knew that these Prius "sticky accelerator" stories were at least partially bogus, though.

Quite frankly I fail to understand how a human being could be so idiotic that they wouldn't think to apply the brakes or turn off the engine to stop a runaway vehicle... that's so fucking retarded it's actually mind-boggling.

Can a Prius even go fast enough to cause bodily harm?
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #31
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
c-lais drive lots of lexus and toyotas that explains why its the driver error.. go figure
not the mention the stack of 5 floor mats on each seat. seriously why must you protect the carpet so well when only 1 mat is needed? the manufacturer's floor mat is all you need.
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #32
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
wont hear a peep of this from any real media or US government. no ones going to say "woops we blew this way out of proportion and we were wrong" thats just opening themselves up for a lawsuit for how bad they've ruined toyotas name.

it wouldnt matter anyway, the damage has been done. just like that teacher that was charged with child molesting or whatever. then it turned out to all be bullshit and the kid was making it up. but the teacher still lost his job and couldnt find a teaching job anywhere after

no one cares about the truth, only a good story.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #33
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post
some idiots put one foot on the gas and the other foot on the brake... what the fuck could possibly happen????
I think they should make it that when you hit the brakes it cuts power.. That would get rid of that problem
Old 07-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #34
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Someone share that info on facebook & that's gonna spread out at light speed
spoonek4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #35
Banned (ABWS)

man.. why is toyota bringing his news back up again?

seriously, their cars are still going to sell regardless of the faulty accelerator.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #36
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post
I think they should make it that when you hit the brakes it cuts power.. That would get rid of that problem
the newer lexus all have that i believe. Also in some older models you can get an ecu flash that does that.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:11 AM   #37
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
wont hear a peep of this from any real media or US government. no ones going to say "woops we blew this way out of proportion and we were wrong" thats just opening themselves up for a lawsuit for how bad they've ruined toyotas name.

it wouldnt matter anyway, the damage has been done. just like that teacher that was charged with child molesting or whatever. then it turned out to all be bullshit and the kid was making it up. but the teacher still lost his job and couldnt find a teaching job anywhere after

no one cares about the truth, only a good story.
exactly. that's why it's up to grassroots to spread the truth. the media is just full of hyenas and vultures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post
that was part of the recall. brake override cuts the accelerator. all new toyota and lexus have the override.
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #38
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Wow this is suprising news. Kinda hard to believe that it was all driver error.
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #39
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthehalfbee View Post
[I]
Does anyone find it odd that Toyota is the only source for getting information from the event recorder, and that the data provided to NHTSA and Transport Canada was from Toyota after they did their own investigation?

BTW, all the investigations I've done on runaway Toyotas turned out to be driver error as well.
The story just gets stranger: http://www.newsinferno.com/archives/22092

Anyhow, I'm sure the official investigation results from NHTSA and NASA will show that pedal misapplication is the cause of most of the accidents.