REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #26
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,252 Times in 2,363 Posts
I sent a text last night to my friend, she didn't receive it until this evening. If it's something important it's best to call the person. I've also heard some other people who are having SMS issues.
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #27
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Everything looks back to normal now
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:34 AM   #28
Banned (BBM)

canada's most unreliable network
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #29
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanLee View Post
I had 2 calls that "Call Failed" on me and both were when the other party was on a landline. And the past few days I've noticed BIS (BBM) has been SUPER slow. Mssges aren't delivering and take forever.
PIN-PIN was broken for a few days now... this is RIMs prob, (not carrier related) we've had no word from them about fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post

My iPhone drowned in a lake over the weekend, so I'm stuck using my old SE K850 until my new phone arrives.
K850 is the best PHONE EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Gekko View Post
I sent a text last night to my friend, she didn't receive it until this evening. If it's something important it's best to call the person. I've also heard some other people who are having SMS issues.
SMS is fine for the most part (usual issues still alive), but def not part of this data issue for sure.

For ALL BLACKBERRY OWNERS.... take it from a tech rep :P While this isn't guaranteed to 100% solve your problems.. it does fix 99% of the issues I encounter with ANY berry

1.) battery pull
2.) options --> advanced --> Host Routing Table --> menu --> register now (re-reg onto BIS/BES)
3.) (if you have a bold or anything 3G) go to manage connections, mobile network options, and set device to manual find your Service Provider, AND set the phone down to 2G for the mean time.
4.) More advanced users can go through the advanced menu inside of options, and start deleting every service book except for provisioning, and then re-reg HRT to re-download service-books
5.) battery pull again (on any full keyboard models you can press left cap, left alt, and backspace to fully reboot)
5b) while doing the final batt pull, you may want to leave the battery out for 2-3 mins, and the sim card taken out as well. Re-reg onto the towers, and this way, you will have your profile refreshed in the switch, and all should be good.

Beyond that, it's waiting for them to resolve it. But not to worry, RIM's pretty quick about these things, i mean, it IS a business device.

If anyone has a Q's regarding blackberries or function, let me know.
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote