REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:52 AM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
How to Spot fake Belmonts.

I dont smoke, but a friend was positive he was buying fake cigarettes, so we went to a few 7-11's, Mac's, and small corner shops, they were all selling one style, then Shoppers costco and safeway were another style. Guess which was group had the better tasting product?

Shot at 2010-07-19

Shot at 2010-07-19

Shot at 2010-07-19
Advertisement
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-19-2010, 05:16 AM   #2

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
did it ever occur to you that the ones you call fake are just the old design, hence the taste of old stale cigarettes
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:47 AM   #3
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:13 AM   #4
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
who fakes Belmonts ? lol

If i were to fake cigs, I will probabaly fake Marlboro which can be sell international
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
Banned (BBM)

interesting
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Hmm i dont see why legit shops like those would sell fake belmonts... But you point out some pretty real and interesting points. Maybe they are just the older versions of the pack because yes i have tasted the stale taste of old ciggarettes before too.
Posted via RS Mobile
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Actually, how do you know which ones are the fake ones and which ones are actually the real ones?
Posted via RS Mobile
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:12 AM   #9
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,514 Times in 4,312 Posts
I don't smoke but do cigarette packages indicate the production date?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
Hmm i dont see why legit shops like those would sell fake belmonts...
Posted via RS Mobile
Fake cigarettes cost pennies to make, with zero money spent on advertising and marketing. It is real tobacco, just not from Belmont. So a vendor might buy real belmonts for $7, or fake ones for $2. If it isn't harming people and they still get a tobacco taste, they think who's gonna find out. ill make $8/pack instead of $3/pack when I sell them as profit.
Quote:
The extent of the tax losses from the sale of illegal tobacco products are substantial, so the Canada Revenue Agency, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Revenu Québec have joined forces to put a stop to this activity.

The sale of illegal tobacco products has other negative consequences, such as creating unfair competition for honest businesses. In addition, it benefits the criminal networks that control the market and use the profits to support organized crime. We want to make businesses that choose to sell illegal tobacco products aware of the consequences. We will take the appropriate enforcement measures and will apply the fines and penalties provided for by law, if necessary.
Did you know that...

Businesses that sell illegal tobacco products to increase their profits are creating unfair competition for honest businesses. Frustrated as a result of unfair competition, legitimate businesses can inform tax authorities or the police of this situation.
A merchant who buys, sells, or is in possession of illegal tobacco products is liable to fines and a possible prison term. Several laws (the Excise Act, 2001, the Customs Act, and the Tobacco Tax Act) govern the sale of tobacco products. Under these laws, whether federal or provincial, the consequences of dealing in illegal tobacco products are serious. Offenders are liable to a fine of up to $500,000, confiscation of their property, a ban on selling tobacco products, and a prison term of up to five years.
Did you also know that...

The sale of illegal tobacco products benefits criminal organizations. Organized crime networks often benefit from such sales. These organizations use the profits to

finance drug trafficking in Canada;
purchase illegal weapons;
finance criminal groups; and
promote violence.

These activities affect society in general, and they influence our children. The sale of illegal tobacco products has other extremely negative consequences for society. It means millions of dollars in lost revenue for both the Canadian and Québec governments. These losses mean that taxpayers must make up the difference through increases in income tax to finance social programs, employment programs and health care.
Other effects on society

The sale of illegal tobacco products:

* prevents businesses from carrying out their activities in a climate of fair competition;
* increases the tax burden for all taxpayers;
* erodes our social climate and minimizes the seriousness of this type of crime, which has effects on all levels of society; and
* encourages young people to smoke as cigarettes are available at low cost and the sales are not regulated.

if you google belmont and try to find anything that resembles the FAKE style, nothing comes up. The Font, the packing colour combo, plus the real ones say, Benson and Hedges, TORONTO. the fake ones say Belmont, Toronto.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #11
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
wow
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #12
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
have you thought about you know emailing belmont.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #13
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
lol
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #14
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
come to think of it, there might be fake benson and hedges too?

i remember a month ago, i bought a few bensons from a local 711, and what caught my attention was the exterior film wrap was very loose fitting and flimsy, usually its a perfect fit around the cigarette box, the interior tin paper u pull out were all messed up and crumpled in the corners, and it didnt have that "help u quit smoking" paper inside. didnt really think much of it at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #15
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
I like how you worry if its fake, and not how it will eventually kill you.
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #16
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
The ones you are calling fake are not fake. Companies change packaging all the time and sometimes the formulas too. They also might have had to drop some ingredients do to bill 32.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #17
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

what does bill 32 say??
KingCrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrimson View Post
what does bill 32 say??
I know that rooftop (Marlboro's name in Canada) Had to remove some ingredients from there cigarettes because of bill C32. Next time the RBH rep comes in I will ask them about Belmonts.

Also there is no way Costco is selling fakes.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmack View Post
the first three words i posted, I DONT SMOKE, so I could care less if you die sooner because you decided to smoke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I know that rooftop (Marlboro's name in Canada) Had to remove some ingredients from there cigarettes because of bill C32. Next time the RBH rep comes in I will ask them about Belmonts.

Also there is no way Costco is selling fakes.
And the better tasting cigarettes were from shoppers/costco/safeway if that wasnt clear. Meaning, buy from really big companies, not smaller stores.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWR34 View Post
the first three words i posted, I DONT SMOKE, so I could care less if you die sooner because you decided to smoke.

And the better tasting cigarettes were from shoppers/costco/safeway if that wasnt clear. Meaning, buy from really big companies, not smaller stores.
The ones we sell in our store look exactly like ones you say are fake and we get ours from Costco.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #21
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
hahaha nice
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #22
I STILL don't get it

i have the fake ones here in Toronto. Been buying them for a month now from different retailers and they all match your "fake" ones.
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #23
Banned (ABWS)

just different cover designs from different manufacturer locations from the same company?
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:13 AM   #24
Banned By Establishment

there are fakes, ever since i asked in the other thread, I checked with a few friends and they claim to have seen many come through (they work with fraud securities crap)

but oddly enough, i only ever smoke belmonts (when i'm outta JDM smokes) and i've never got ones that say "Belmont, Toronto" or whatever... I mean sure I might have missed one or two, but the packaging is pretty consistent.

then again, i'm one of those people that buys belmonts from costco and in cartons (10 packs)

Meh... get what you pay for :P now to laugh at all the fucks who CLAIM they can buy belmonts cheaper by a couple cents...
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:54 AM   #25
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmack View Post
THEY FUCKING KILL YOU? HOLY SHIT. DOES THE GOVERNMENT KNOW ABOUT THIS? ALERT THE INTERNET! CIGARETTES KILL! VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

thanks bloodmack. i'm just so gracious you let me in on this. it's definitely something those hollywood fat cats don't want us to know.
This post FAILED by: