REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 07-20-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Italian Kitchen and incorrect bills....

So I've been to Italian Kitchen twice in 2 weeks and both times I was handed the wrong bill. The latest incident was on Saturday night, I ordered about $50 worth of food and drinks, when I got the bill it showed $95. I told the waitress she gave me the wrong bill but she tried to pin 3 drinks on me, I was shocked and I asked her to call her manager. A few mins later she came by and started apologizing and said it was a "mistake" and handed me the correct bill. One week prior to this, I was also overcharged but I was told that I was given the bill for the table next to me.

I did speak with one of the managers yesterday and he offered to give me a $50 gift card, I explained to him that I wasn't looking for a free hand out but instead I was concerned about how I could be handed the wrong bill twice. He noted my complaint and said he was going to look into the matter. Thought I would share this with you guys and I've learned now to carefully look at my bills, I use to be whatever before but it makes you think how many other people might have been duped by accident.
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2010, 02:20 AM   #2
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
That sounds kind of sketch actually.

I like the global group, good management from a customer's perspective.
Maybe the staff are trying to pull a fast one.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Hey Jah Gekko, this happens way to often at Global properties...it always is "whoops", "I made a mistake".......I was at Sanafir a few months ago and when the bill came, I tipped and signed the receipt...then the hot female server comes over batting her eyes..saying, I am sorry, I forgot to tell you that I added a 18% service charge....she said this right infront of my guests/clients....what am I suppose to do?....can you please credit me back.....of course not...so I am paid a 38% grat on a 700 bill....how do you think I feel.....Global Group have the best food in the city, but the bullshit you have to deal with sucks!
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,436 Times in 4,279 Posts
Wow, I have never heard of a bait and switch at restaurants, especially ones owned by a well-known and established group. I expect that restaurant staff do make mistakes but for this to happen on a continuous basis...come on. Thanks for the heads up!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
I don't see how they can do it twice. It's not uncommon to get the wrong bill but i think it's really bad for some waitress to incorrectly input drinks into another person's bill.

When you THINK about it, there's no reason why a waitress would do it, the bill might get 20 dollars more in drinks (which she doesn't benefit from a higher bar tab) but MAYBE she'll make another 2 dollars MORE on tips? The tips then get shared and divided between a pool, so really, there's no DIRECT reason why the waitress would want to intentionally add more food onto your bills.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
Hey Jah Gekko, this happens way to often at Global properties...it always is "whoops", "I made a mistake".......I was at Sanafir a few months ago and when the bill came, I tipped and signed the receipt...then the hot female server comes over batting her eyes..saying, I am sorry, I forgot to tell you that I added a 18% service charge....she said this right infront of my guests/clients....what am I suppose to do?....can you please credit me back.....of course not...so I am paid a 38% grat on a 700 bill....how do you think I feel.....Global Group have the best food in the city, but the bullshit you have to deal with sucks!
Doesn't matter if I was with guests or clients. I would have asked to speak to the manager. It's not so much about the money but the principle of the matter.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I've actually had this happen twice at Italian Kitchen. One time it was because we where ordering double gins and somehow the waitress inputted each individual double as 2 orders of doubles instead of a single order of a double, so we where way overcharged, pointed out the obvious error to her and it was corrected. Second time we noticed that our bill was way under what we ordered, turns out the waitress mistakenly inputted some drinks onto the next tables tab.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
Ouch man. I also like the Global properties and dine at at least one property on most weekends but it makes me how many other times I might have missed a bill where I was overcharged.

A bit off topic but the owner was at Italian Kitchen on Sat night, he pulled up in his black Aston Martin. Dude must be racking in the money.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #9
mpr
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

trust me, I eat at downtown very often. This type of things happens way too much. I've always check my bills and it is funny to see how the waitress reacts when they make the mistake on purpose.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I've actually had this happen twice at Italian Kitchen. One time it was because we where ordering double gins and somehow the waitress inputted each individual double as 2 orders of doubles instead of a single order of a double, so we where way overcharged, pointed out the obvious error to her and it was corrected. Second time we noticed that our bill was way under what we ordered, turns out the waitress mistakenly inputted some drinks onto the next tables tab.
Sounds like you got your incorrect bill (the one that was much lower than expected) fixed, and not just when you were overcharged.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #11
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Gekko View Post
A bit off topic but the owner was at Italian Kitchen on Sat night, he pulled up in his black Aston Martin. Dude must be racking in the money.
with those business practices, definitely.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #12
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
i always check my bills , this has happened to me b4
thanks for the heads up
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #13
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Quote:
Who was it? Emad?
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #14
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4ever View Post
Who was it? Emad?
It should be Emad. He just got that new Aston Martin. My buddy's his nephew.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #15
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
i'm pretty sure japadog is making more money than the whole global group put together.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #16
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
It should be Emad. He just got that new Aston Martin. My buddy's his nephew.
...and to think just a few years ago he was flipping salmon steaks at Joe Fortes...
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #17

Yes, I believe it was Emad...it was a Persian guy.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:00 AM   #18
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Sounds like you got your incorrect bill (the one that was much lower than expected) fixed, and not just when you were overcharged.
Yup, didn't feel right to stick someone else with part of our tab and ruin their night out.

I eat out at downtown restaurants/lounges I would say on average 8-9 times a week, and I have only had this happen to me at Italian Kitchen, at least when I noticed.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:15 AM   #19
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Ouch man. I also like the Global properties and dine at at least one property on most weekends but it makes me how many other times I might have missed a bill where I was overcharged.

The owner used to be a cook at Joe Fortes......obviously knows what he is doing....however, marrying a "Bosa" doesn't hurt......
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #20
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
i got a fucked up bill at Coast once. got charged 250 when it was supposed to be only 200. let the waitress know and they said they accidently put in too many drinks.
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #21
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
i got a fucked up bill at Coast once. got charged 250 when it was supposed to be only 200. let the waitress know and they said they accidently put in too many drinks.
How the hell does a person "put in too many drinks" ?!

It just screams shady.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #22
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Ya. I paid for sumone else aswell so I think it was like 2 drinks each over. But it definatley wasn't right. Didn't think much of it though cuz it happens sometimes.
Posted via RS Mobile
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:11 PM   #23
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
anyone work in a restaurant? anyone want to chime in and say that this is normal to have errors?
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:37 PM   #24
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I guess I'll be checking my bills more carefully then when I dine out.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:32 AM   #25
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
Ever tried the lobster poutine? It's epic.

I've got 2 reasons to go there:
  • Lobster Poutine
  • A-buck-a-shuck