REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Parasailing donkey in Russia

Cruel as this is, I admit I at the video. That's one fast launch.

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/s...tml?id=3300455

Quote:
'Flying donkey' shocks Russian holidaymakers

A braying donkey attached to a parasail and sent soaring in the blue skies above the beaches of southern Russia has stunned holidaymakers and prompted a police enquiry, officials said Tuesday.

Attached to a parachute pulled by a speedboat, the apparently terrified animal circled over heads of holidaymakers sunbathing last week on a beach on the Sea of Azov in the Cossack village of Golubitskaya in the Krasnodar region.

A regional police spokeswoman said the donkey ended up in the skies as a result of an impromptu advertising campaign by several entrepreneurial Russians to attract beachgoers to their beach where they could indulge in the thrill of parasailing.

Instead, they attracted the attention of regional police who learned of the flying donkey earlier this week and launched a probe.

"The donkey screamed and children cried," regional police spokeswoman Larisa Tuchkova told AFP. "No-one had the brains to call police."

Instead, she said, people reached for their cameras and bombarded a local newspaper with phone calls.

Pictures broadcast on state television showed the organisers of the stunt attaching the cords of the parasail to the donkey's back on the beach as dozens of holidaymakers looked on.

As the speedboat moved, the donkey was swept from the beach at speed and taken high into the sky, frantically swinging its legs in panic as the boat circled around the water.

"It was put up so high into the sky that the children on the beach cried and asked their parents: 'Why did they tie a doggy to a parachute?'" the newspaper, Taman, said late last week.

"The donkey landed in an atrocious manner: it was dragged several metres along the water, after which the animal was pulled out half-alive onto the shore."

The incident is stunning even for a country where animal cruelty is widespread and came as a shock to the locals, said Taman newspaper's editor, Yelena Yovleva.

"This has never happened before," she told AFP.

Another regional police spokesman, Denis Yegorov, said the owner of the donkey had left the village taking the animal with him. "We are now looking for him," he told AFP.

"I wonder how the guys (the onlookers) did not knock his teeth out," Yegorov added.

Animal rights groups, meanwhile, said they were flabbergasted.

"The sadists have shown their know-how," Konstantin Sabinin, a projects director at Vita told AFP. "It's an extremely despicable event."

Earlier in the day Vita filed an official request to the General Prosecutor's Office to punish those responsible for "egregious cruelty".

The animal rights group called on the authorities to take the incident seriously to finally put a stop to animal cruelty in Russia.

Activists say Russian laws protecting animals are woefully inadequate.

Pro-Kremlin youth groups have in the past used various animals and birds, including an ostrich, a turkey, sheep and a dead donkey's ears, for their bizarre street theatre to attack opposition activists.

Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has engaged in a string of stunts involving nature and wild animals in the last year, which analysts say could be aimed at raising his profile ahead of a possible return to the Kremlin as president in 2012 polls.

In May he was shown on television personally guiding a leopard presented by Iran into its enclosure and a week earlier attaching a collar to a polar bear in the Far North.
Advertisement
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
in soviet russia, donkey sails you!!!!!
AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-21-2010, 12:43 AM   #3
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
strap a parachute to a donkey, pull it with a boat, see donkey fly, woohooooo greatest fking idea notttttt
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:57 AM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

That is horrible... I'm pretty sure it got injured on that take off from the g forces..
Old 07-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
pretty funny ..haha
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
Wow...redonkulous.
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts

awesome and overworked donkey
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

this is an eco friendly donkey, it actually acts as a filtration process cleaning the air and ridding it of pollution and smog. psst vancouver sun, so biased
ToneCapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
real life charlie the unicorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I laughed...dont PETA fail me
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote