REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 07-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
I bringith the lowerballerith

wheel spacers increase wheel gap?

Hey

I just put some 20mm spacers on the front of my car. The original gap in the wheel well was about 2 fingers. I put one side on and the gap increased to about 3 fingers and the other side is now a one finger gap.

I havent put both sides on yet, but I dont understand how one side is higher then the other. I got a level and measured the car level, the rear middle and front and they are all level. I then checked ground clearance from the front bumper (used my cell as a ref) the lower side i have less then one phone, and the other i have a phone and a half. Is this some type of optical illusion?

Any ideas why it appears like this? the gap actually grew in size, I thought the gap would remain the same but the wheel would now be flush with the wheel flare.
Advertisement

1992 Black Acura Integra GS-R #470
kookoobird88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Sofa King Cool

put the other one on and check it then. also, you have to drive the car or at least move it around about 30 feet to get the suspension to settle after being jacked up.
TSP Longtube Headers
Cold Air Intake

430rwhp and 30mpg
Azriel_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
Yeah drive around a bit and the suspension will settle. I've had mine settle at least an inch before.
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
I bringith the lowerballerith

ok thanks for the info, I just put the other side on, car is lop sided a bit still, ill drive it see how it evens out!

1992 Black Acura Integra GS-R #470
kookoobird88 is offline   Reply With Quote