REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Marlies New Face

I find this quite sad. If you guys missed it on TLC, heres the story
http://www.blogbydonna.com/post/2009...ars-Later.aspx
Quote:
I first wrote about Marlie Casseus on August 4, 2008 after watching her story on TLC. And today, I received an advanced copy of Marlie's update that will air this Sunday night on TLC. I am thrilled to have been given the opportunity to watch Marlie's New Face: Four Years Later.

Marlie, from Haiti, had her first surgery in 2005 when she was thirteen to remove the 16 pound tumor that had taken over her face. She was near death when the Eugene sisters, twin nuns, helped find treatment for Marlie Casseus, when the melon-size mass took away Marlie's ability to speak, her sense of smell and nearly choked and blinded her.

The International Kids Fund, the Eugene twins and Jackson Memorial Hospital surgeon, Dr. Jesus Gomez, helped Marlie, resume a more normal life.

Marlie suffered from Polyostotic Fibrous Dysplasia and since then has undergone seven surgeries. She was in South Florida earlier this year to replace excess scar tissue and replace her facial implants.

Marlie's latest update will inspire you. Her spirit is amazing. Marlie, now seventeen, is typical of many girls her age... she loves to shop and hopes to meet that special boy and get married someday. Yet Marlie is different... very different than most 17-year olds. Although she hopes to marry someday she wonders if any boy could ever love her face.

It was difficult to listen to her tell (through a translator) her story. Several times as she spoke tears would fall down her face. At times there was such sadness in her eyes - yet at others, such strength.

She made me realize how silly it is to worry about such insignificant things. How we'll stress out over something as silly as a zit. I mean, how horrible it is if we are seen out in public with a little pimple on our face. See what I mean? Trivial.

I'm confident that after you watch the latest update on Marlie Casseus you too will be inspired by her courage. You will also see the beauty in her face.

In Marlie's New Face you will see her latest surgery and how Dr. Gomez gives her face symmetry. Marlie still has a long journey. One that she hopes will bring her teeth - because the tumor caused her to lose hers.

So I hope you watch the newest update - Marlie's New Face: Four Years Later. It premieres Sunday, September 13, 2009, at 9:00 p.m. EST on TLC (Comcast: channel 56, DirectTV: channel 280, DishNetwork: channel 183)

Thank you Marlie for sharing your story... for reminding me of what's really important. I will continue to follow your story.

International Kids Fund (IKF), a program of Jackson Memorial Foundation, seeks to facilitate access to life saving or life changing medical care for children in need. This includes international children who cannot be treated within their native country, as well as children living in the United States who, without IKF assistance, would otherwise have no options. The fund ensures these children receive the best care possible at Holtz Children’s Hospital of the University Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center, one of the nation’s premier teaching hospitals. For more information or to make a contribution, please visit www.internationalkidsfund.org or call 1-877-IKF-KIDS.
Advertisement

Last edited by ride1210; 07-25-2010 at 10:43 PM.
ride1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

92 240sx - dd/project car
88 CRX - sold
98 DC2 - sold

Renting out pbm fender roller - pm for details.
satek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I know I'm being rude but she used to look like a hippo
Windstar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-26-2010, 12:45 AM   #4
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windstar View Post
dude that's fucked up
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 2,284 Times in 186 Posts
dude..fucking NSFW that shit please..
Old 07-26-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,537 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akalic View Post
dude..fucking NSFW that shit please..
+1. My god...

Amazing story, though.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:42 AM   #7
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

very inspiring story

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
snow88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:55 AM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windstar View Post
And you would look any better after having a massive tumor on your face?
choda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #9
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

holy crap
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote